Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question about SU Tag Punch

Hi there! I wanted to make some tags so...I found the stamps...then went on EBay and ordered a tag punch that just said "Tag Punch". I don't know whether it is the Large or the Xtra large. I emailed the seller and she said it is the "small tag" punch. Are there 3? (I want to layer the tags) When I look on Ebay, the sizes do not seem to be consistant and no one ever seems to put measurements on them :confused: so I don't know which to buy.

Is there an art to this whole sizing thing? I went through a terrible time when I ordered the circle and scallop Spellbinders dies (thinking it was a better bargain because I get so many different sizes) but because I guess there are TWO sets of circles (ex. A and B) and TWO sets of scallops (ex. C and D) and I ordered A and D and they did not look the way I wanted (too much circle, not enough scallop...or the other way around) I ended up THEN having to order the punches from SU to get the look I wanted. Lots of money :( I am beginning to think I should have chosen Engineering as a major because I just don't get it. What am I missing??? Any help is greatly appreciated
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the seller called it the 'small tag', then you need the larger one from the catalog. SU changed the names when they went to the new design.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Do you have a catalog? The punches are shown actual size. If you have one of them, punch it, and use the punch-out to compare to the catalog to find the size you need for layering!

Thank you for visiting ~ My Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

And be sure to double check the price -- sometimes punches go for more on eBay than they do from Stampin' Up! Both tag punches are still available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yapha, is right you would be better off buying direct from SU when it comes to punches because they sell for more on ebay and if they don't work, SU will replace them.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks everyone! I am finding out there are quite a few things that I can get from SU cheaper than Ebay!! I did not realize the punches were actual size either so, thanks for that tip! Did you know there is actually a video on Youtube called (something like) Things you might not know about your new SU catalog!! I watched it (haha) and the lady pointed out the little flower that grows in the bottom right corner of the pages. For some reason, the hubs was not nearly as excited about that as I seemed to be ;) I still looked on Ebay though because, as I have recently discovered, I am kind of "funny" about my punches! I have the large scallop in the new flat style and the smaller one in the old style and I am not pleased one bit that they do not "match". The tag is the old style. All of my circles are the new style and then my oval ones are the Marvy brand. Is that strange? I just want the ones that match up to actually MATCH. I am very much that way in my day to day life but did not realize it would carry over to my crafting tools!
Reply With Quote Likes