Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Does Michael's Seem So Slow This Year?

Maybe I am just in a hurry, but it seems like the Michael's closest to me is really slow about getting new products out this year. In particular, I have been watching for them to put out some of the Martha Stewart Christmas stuff and so far....nothing.

My Stamping Pad
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Now that you mention it I don't think I saw much for Christmas yet either, (MS that is). I still see plenty of Halloween supplies but now that Halloween is almost here maybe they will get the Christmas stuff out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeechelleView Post
Maybe I am just in a hurry, but it seems like the Michael's closest to me is really slow about getting new products out this year. In particular, I have been watching for them to put out some of the Martha Stewart Christmas stuff and so far....nothing.
Slow this year - the Mike's near me are still 3 releases behind on most of the popular stamping and scrapping items!! Although they do hae a small amount of Christmas stuff out and once Halloween passes I am sure that the Christmas goodies will be taking over the stores!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Saw MS Christmas stuff t my Michaels tonight.

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They seem to be wasting out time trying to clearance all the stuff they can't sale before they put anything good out! I said something to our Chico store last Saturday...I told her by the time they get their *new* stuff out, it will be old and we will buying from somewhere else!

They might get more of my scrappy bucks if they could get some current products in!

Please, speak up at your local store and email Michael's and let them know how you feel! I am finding more and more at JoAnn's now a days!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was surprised that they still have so much Halloween stuff - my cards are done and mailed. I am ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas! They have some stamps, but not much.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I just returned from Michaels, they are putting or have put out the MS Christmas stuff since I was last there which was on Monday or Tues of this week. It looks like they only have part of it out or slow coming in. Of course the one punch I may have bought was gone. Not sure if sold out or just not put on the hooks yet.
Oh well, it saved me from buying something I did not really need. I did get the scrapbook album I needed and half price at that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
They seem to be wasting out time trying to clearance all the stuff they can't sale before they put anything good out! I said something to our Chico store last Saturday...I told her by the time they get their *new* stuff out, it will be old and we will buying from somewhere else!

They might get more of my scrappy bucks if they could get some current products in!

Please, speak up at your local store and email Michael's and let them know how you feel! I am finding more and more at JoAnn's now a days!
Mine today didn't have any Christmas paper - strange

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

OK, so clearly it is not just me/my store. I am seeing all the same issues as everyone else has said.

They really need to get on the ball with some new merchandise. I noticed this year that they had all the same Halloween stamps that I looked at or bought last year. Boring!

Now, here it is almost Halloween and they hardly have any Christmas stuff out. I know people complain about Christmas stuff being out 'too early', but when you are talking about for crafting purposes, it's a little different.

It is just frustrating. Their stock is so stale!

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeechelleView Post
OK, so clearly it is not just me/my store. I am seeing all the same issues as everyone else has said.

They really need to get on the ball with some new merchandise. I noticed this year that they had all the same Halloween stamps that I looked at or bought last year. Boring!

Now, here it is almost Halloween and they hardly have any Christmas stuff out. I know people complain about Christmas stuff being out 'too early', but when you are talking about for crafting purposes, it's a little different.

It is just frustrating. Their stock is so stale!
However, my sister was able to find candles, candle holders, mirrors and some fall flower pics for a church function. She got everything she needed with a 25% off total purchase coupon! And the prices were very good to begin with.

So maybe they are going away from scrapbooking? They are mad us because we talk bad about them?

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm so glad I found this thread! My Micheal's is super slooooooooow too!They NEvER have anything remotely new:don't they realize the papercrafting business turns over every 6 months? I can get basic supplies from them,but anything new or seasonal I order off the internet. (Blue Moon Scrapbooking is my current fave store) It's a shame really because I like my goodies NOW and not delivered in 2 weeks!(although Blue Moon Ships VERY fast)
I can say a few good things about my Micheal's: The staff there are friendly and helpful,the store is usually clean and straight AND they began carrying Spellbinders!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I was in my Michaels yesterday and they had some shelves torn apart up front and were getting ready for something. I am guessing they are gearing up to put out that Christmas stuff. I was looking for Christmas paper, and couldn't find any, not even in the open stock pieces.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

My Michael's is so slow. I have needing a blue marvy circle punch forever. I ask them and they checked. They should have one arrives in 4-6 weeks. Well, It has been 7 weeks and they still have not arrived!! I wish I could get one locally. I hate to pay shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

The Micheal's I shop at in Maryland have increased their focus on Halloween over the last few years, and I think that delays the arrival of Christmas things on the shelves. On the other hand, everything new comes to Michael's last, if at all. I agree with an earlier poster that I find more variety at JoAnn's. Maybe JoAnn's has a better supply system?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice in MdView Post
The Micheal's I shop at in Maryland have increased their focus on Halloween over the last few years, and I think that delays the arrival of Christmas things on the shelves. On the other hand, everything new comes to Michael's last, if at all. I agree with an earlier poster that I find more variety at JoAnn's. Maybe JoAnn's has a better supply system?
Gosh I'm glad someone's Joann has new stuff!:mrgreen:
I wandered into my local Joann last week. I usually only go if they have Cricut cartridges on sale. Their stock is even more stale than Michael's (is that even possible?) I swear they have the same stamps as when they opened over 4 years ago! My Hobby Lobby,however, is improving. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of paper they carry. I guess these stores are simply too big to carry the latest products. I wish I could figure it out.:?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Well, Michael's rose even higher on my list last Sunday. Took in a coupon that was meant to be good for 25% off of your entire purchase, including sale items.

Picked up the punch I have been debating over for a couple of weeks, it was already 30% off, and I was all excited to save an additional 25%, right? Get to the register hand my coupon to the lovely cashier who promptly hands it back to me and says it isn't good until 4pm. Seriously???? What a scam.

Sure...my fault for not reading the fine print, but what a stupid restriction/policy/whatever you want to call it. I am officially mad at Michael's now.

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

The only time I was not happy at Michaels was the time the woman in front of me used at least five or six coupons, paying cash for each in a separate transaction! I wasn't there at the beginning of it, so I don't know if there's more to the story. All I saw was someone using several coupons. I thought it was one per visit or one per day...

I was in Michaels today and I am beginning to see more Christmas stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

My Michael's has always been WAY BEHIND in trends and new items. I haven't been there all year because of this reason ...
Reply With Quote Likes