View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #492
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
Oh my, apple crisp and caramel in the same pan!!! Heaven on earth...I'm so going to try that....I looooooove caramel....speaking of which, here is a totally decadent brownie recipe:

Caramel ribbon brownies

14 oz caramel (block caramel or wrapped candies)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 box German chocolate cake mix

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9" glass baking dish. In medium bowl, put cut up caramel and 1/3 cup evaporated milk, cook in microwave on high until caramel softened (about 1 minute). Stir until completely melted into a caramel sauce. Combine the cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup nuts. Mix well and spread 2/3 of batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the top of brownies, pour the caramel sauce over top of chips, leaving about 1/4" around outer edge. Add enough of remaining evaporated milk to saved cake batter to make a thick pudding consistency. Drop by glops over caramel sauce. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top. Return to oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. Center will still be slightly gooey but will firm up as cools. Let brownies cool in pan then cut into bars.

WARNING: These go very fast so save one for yourself before setting plate out!!
Somehow I overlooked this recipe earlier but YES. We make a very similar recipe - or at least we used to before my older DS got braces and was told to stay away from caramel. I had to promise him that I wouldn't make these brownies again until he got his braces off, because it would be too cruel to him to have these brownies around when he can't eat them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!