View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #54
wannabcre8tive
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Greenie, a tutorial???? Well, I can tell you how I did it and then you can add your own twists. First I have to tell y'all that I got the idea from an example I saw at a friend's home last Christmas time. She let me take a photo of it and that's what I used as a guide. Years ago I had ordered thin, Artist grade, ply wood and used this as the base and form of the trees. I cut the plywood to the size of the frames (purchased at yard sales, Craft stores on sale, etc.) and then painted them with black acrilic paint. I drew two different sized trees and then cut them from the same wood and painted them with gold paint. After the paint dried, I glued the gold shapes onto the center of the black pieces. Keep in mind that you need to allow room around the edges for the plywood to fit snuggly into the size frame you have. I had to do some chizzeling and a few ugly words popped out now and then..............just sayin. The fun part begins when you have collected all the jewelry and can start cutting apart the pieces and creating your design. I used a glue from Hobby Lobby and did the cutting with small wire cutters. A friend found most of the jewelry for me at flea markets. I also got a lot from family & friends and even some I found in parking lots. Yes, I pick up change, jewelry pieces, most anything shiney!!!! I also outlined the shapes with B B chain but I don't know if you just have to do that; I just happened to have it on hand and used it. The two frame sizes are 8X10 and 5X7 but you could do what ever size you want. Give it a try and do the different steps in stages.
They are really beautiful.

I design for Blue Knight Rubber Stamp and QKR Stampede. F4A Hostess

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!