Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Location: just NE Houston in Humble / Eagle Springs Community
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about joining SU if already involved in other Direct Sales co?

Hello everyone! I must say thank you to the great friend of mine who introduced me to this wonderful site!!!! There is soooo much information on here its amazing!

I am considering joining SU before the end of Sellabration... I have my own home-demo scheduled for March 7th. I would really love to have the discount and get togethers with friends to stamp / crop once a month or so... but I am already (very) actively involved in another direct sales company that I LOVE. It is my business and primary source of income at this time and I do NOT want to affect how that is going. Is there any advice out there from anyone else in my same predicament? I believe I would be referred to as a "hobbyist" consultant with SU if I decided to do this??? Please help!

Erin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only home business you cannot also participate in is one that would have competing products. So companies like:
CTMH
TAC
CM
Leaving Prints
etc.

But if you sell something else like Mary Kay, Pamperred Chef, etc. then you could sell SU.
HTH

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Personally, I love being a SU demonstrator! I have a more than full time job and really like the fact that I don't have the pressure from SU to do more than I really have time to do. The quarterly sales volume is low enough that I can remain active without a lot of pressure. It is very easy for me to meet the volume just with a few orders and what I make helps with what I personally want to order. I am just giving the perspective of someone in it for the fun, not for the money. I do know however people who are very successful and do make a lot of money. Also, you get to keep everything you invest in the company - all the supplies you buy are worth way more than what you have to spend to purchase them. Good luck whatever you decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

I say go for it if it isn't a banned company. The discount is great and if you are just in it for that then that is fine. You can drop anytime that you don't want to keep it up. Good luck with your decision.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks guys! I emailed my demonstrator that is doing the show to see what she thinks, because my show is technically after the end of Sellabration, so I have to make a decision quickly. I am very grateful for your honesty! I am a PartyLite consultant, so there is definitely NO conflict of interest there! I love PL and do very well with it... but I have to support my hobbies too!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #6  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

OOoh, I LOVE PartyLite! My best friends is a consultant for them, has been for years, went on cruise a lot of years. I love their stuff.

She's not an SU! demo (I am) but she has a couple other smaller ventures going on.

But I'm just in it for stamping with my friends cheap!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2006, 04:43 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just remember that even if you aren't a consultant for a "competing" company, you still are not allowed to promote your other direct sales business during any of your SU! events -- workshops, stamp camps, open houses, classes, etc. When you are showing SU!, you are only an SU! demo and nothing else.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2006, 08:03 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I know someone who did this and then she was asking me to buy from both of her businesses. She sort of lost focus and ended up quitting both eventually. You sound like you are much more together than the person I knew though. Just be careful about selling Stampin Up to your existing Partylite customers. If your Partylite customers sense that you might be less committed to Partylite, or if your new business affects the service they are accustomed to, then they could look elsewhere for a new consultant. They are use to seeing you as their candle expert and trying to do something else with it could be confusing to the customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I know this has a little to do with this topic but I wanted to see if anyone else has the same feeling I have about this crazyness!

My grandmother upline sent me info on a home business venture and I was ready to do it but my DH said NO! So I had to deliver the message to her that I was unable to join the jewlery business...... welllll before this happend I got mass e-mail from her weekly .......now zip zero zilch! It has been 11 months and I have basically been orfened AGAIN! My upline has not spoken to me in 3 years and I just think this is all CRAZY!

O well as to the origional post in this topic .. go for it they won't be compromising each other and who knows it might be exactly the money maker you were looking for!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I have been a Partylite consultant for about 5 years now. I decided to take Stampin Up along 2 years ago and its been great. I think the key idea is that if you love a product you can sell it. I love both companies and swear by each.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile thanks!

Thank you to everyone for their responses! I certainly appreciate them! Lynn - I may be asking for more advise from you as the expert on balancing the two!

I think I can do it! With PL, I hold about 8-10 shows a month pretty regularly. I am looking to do one SU! event a week, or possibly one every other week. How have you managed to balance your shows / demos etc.?

Thanks again,

Erin
Reply With Quote Likes