Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Texas

Hi y'all! 8 years ago as a baby shower gift when my son was born my sisters put together a rolling tote with loads of scrapbooking paper, stickers, templates, scissors......needless to say, it stayed in my closet for 8 years until June of this year.

I was recently engaged in December 2010, My fiance thought scrapbooking was just putting pictures in an album until he saw what my scrapper sister could do. In June they decided I needed a hobby. Between the both of them they've encouraged me to finally start taking some time for myself to learn and experiment without pressure.

I'm still feeling my way through the scrapping world, there are so many avenues I've seen and amazing creative men/women. Right now I am wanting to learn to create sentiment cards and I just fell in love with a stamp line "Stamping Bella", I got my first Bella stamp yesterday and I couldn't keep away from it all night.

I look forward to corresponding with y'all.

Jessica from Texas
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Jessica and welcome from New Zealand! What a thoughtful sister and fiance to give you encouragement and space to experiment. This is a great forum for more inspiration, new techniqes and lots of friendly people if you have any questions!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Jessica, I'm new to the forum but not to scrapbooking. I'm from Austin also, but, I live in Paraguay now. I couldn't resist writing when I saw Austin. So, we are both new to SplitcoastStampers. You are going to love scrapbooking and there are so many great places in Austin and Cedar Park. I think I have seen on the web that there is a store in Cedar Park. You will want to find a Stamping Up representative close to you also. Just go to the Stamping Up site and use the locator with your zip code and they will put you on to someone close to your house. They usually have some sort of demo or party about once a month. I still own a house in Austin off of Yager Lane and I use a woman out of Pfulgerville. You also want to find a scrapbooker's crop if you can. They are so much fun. If you live more up towards Georgetown, I can help you with that as I have friends up there who do a crop once in awhile. My name is Tally. Good luck and have a ton of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you so much Tally! Other than the big chain stores (michael's, hobby, joann's) my fiance and I have only found 3 scrap stores here in Austin. Felicia's is a nice sweet lil shop down by Oak Hill and we took my sister from Houston to Scrapology for the first time located off 620, it's a super sweet little store as well. Archiver's is our in-between store since it's located at Lakeline distance-wise and the only store that I have found so far that carries the Bella stamps I like. We live north Austin a few feet from the border of Austin/Pflugerville.

My next step in scrapping is hitting up the classes for beginners. I get intimidated sitting beside ladies who are cutting and whizzing their way around their paper and embelishments. So far I am having loads of fun. Work lately started to get a bit more stressfull for me to handle and this came at the perfect time. I look forward to coming home, watching my son finish his homework, eating dinner, then sitting at my table for an hour or two before bedtime.

Wow, how much you charge for therapy? I think I just wrote you a book :P Thank you for the helpful hints about the stamping up rep, I had no idea they had those. I'll look into that. I look forward to corresponding and updating you on my progress!
Reply With Quote Likes