Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT162 ~ ARCHITECT FITCH AND CONTRACTOR MITCH RAN INTO A GLITCH

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #162

ARCHITECT FITCH AND CONTRACTOR MITCH RAN INTO A GLITCH!
FOR THIS TERRIBLE GLITCH, THEY NEED A QUICK FIX!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. If I had a teapot like this, I probably would put some cute Fall arrangement inside it and just sit it around. I love teapots but I don't really know how to use something like this! That's why I would put a Fall arrangement in it and have it sitting around. Ooh, a lit candle would be cool in there too, but you couldn't have the top on it or the glass would turn all black and the flamed snuffed! Ooh, what about changing it from holiday season to holiday season. A cute litte miniature snowman in the middle with fluffy snow in the bottom, an orange candle with black spiders in the bottom, a minuture Christmas tree in the middle with some of those red foamy ball thingies, a big ole pretty Gerber Daisy in the middle with potpourie in the bottom. Easter, St. Patricks, Valentines! Okay, I got off track, back to the teaparty! Sorry.....

2. Architect Fitch and Contractor Mitch ran into a glitch! For this terrible glitch, they need a quick fix! Fionna Fitch is quite the architect, she can design pretty much anything! But when it comes to putting something together, she can't even put the lid on her teapot! Mitch Mitalli can build anything! He can take a pile of sticks, just go with the flow and build a mansion! Mitch and Fitch are about to get hitched and are planning a long and happy marriage as well as a long and successful business endeavor! At the wedding, they got their first job! Fionna has an uncle whose best friend's sister's cousin's brother whose father's sister has a friend whose mother's aunt's bosses uncle's best friend's business partner's wife's father is building a house! What luck! Let's just call that guy Seymore Threwhouse!

3. Seymore is filthy rich and out of the country for months at a time on business. He is one of those guys that just leaves the details to the professionals! But he's coming to town for the closing soon! Finally the bills will get paid! Architect Fitch has been so busy designing she hasn't been to the job site in months and Contractor Mitch has just been going with the flow and to the best of his knowledge has follwed the plans to a tea!! Rut roh! We have a big glitch!

Mitch! You have too many windows in this house!

What? That's what the plans call for!

Where are the walls? The front door? The brick work on the front of the house?

I followed the material list to a tea! See here, this list of materials, it's all windows, its all glass!

It is? That's not what I intended! I musta used the wrong material codes! Didn't you refer to the drawings?

The drawings have See More Through House written all over them! I thought it was all glass!

Mitch, that's the owner's name! They always write it on each page of the plans!

The guy's name is See More Through House?

It's Seymore Threwhouse!

Oh......Rut roh!

4. Okay, on to Plan B. This guy is eccentric, filthy rich and has quite the opinion of himself. Right? It is just like him to want the most eye catching, expensive, crazy and bizarre mansion in the neighborhood. I think that is what we built! All we have to do is hire 42,000 interior designers, have them decorate these rooms so beautifully that all who drive by will be shocked and amazed! Seymore will get such attention! 42,000 rooms of sheer elegance and beauty. Don't worry about the bathrooms! We will put beautiful, imported double sided wall paper up or something. The designers will know what to do! Just find interior designers and lots of them. Let's decorate these rooms for the public! We only have a week until Seymore gets in town! Interior designers have amazing talent and taste. We don't have time to come up with a certain color scheme. Just tell each desiger to pick a room, decorate it in their own taste, decorate that room as if it was a glass room in their own house! It will be beautiful, I am certain! Tell them to bring beautiful things, anything! Just beautiful, to impress Seymore!! You get the picture?

If you bring something unsightly to the public you have to come in the back door and decorate it! It's really no big deal, there is no alley to drive by the back, so the public won't even see you back there!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Make a card that shows us what your favorite things are! Make a card decorated with something beautiful to you! Make a card that shows us what your *glass room* in your *glass house* would look like to the public! Make a card that floats YOUR boat!

DESTINATION STATION:

This week our destination is a Philadelphia, PA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Eula! Eula is celebrating her 109th birthday on September 14th. Eula was brought to our attention last year by Lorraine (Pidgesmom). Lorraine has a friend (Jackie) who met Eula and has become very close! Eula is an amazing women. Let's make Eula's 109th birthday a beautiful thing by sending her our wonderfully decorated interior rooms! Ha! She's a colorful woman, she should have a colorful 109th birthday!

To see Eula's thank you note for the birthday cards we sent her for her 108th birthday as well as her address, please visit Post #245 in the Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is the awesome card that Lorraine (pidgesmom) made for Eula!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #162 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT162 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT162 ~ ARCHITECT FITCH AND CONTRACTOR MITCH RAN INTO A GLITCH-mmtpt162-teapot-mothermark.jpg   MMTPT162 ~ ARCHITECT FITCH AND CONTRACTOR MITCH RAN INTO A GLITCH-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT162 ~ ARCHITECT FITCH AND CONTRACTOR MITCH RAN INTO A GLITCH-eula-her-cards-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-12-2011 at 08:25 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg
AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Yo Sam - 9/9
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

It took as long to get a decent photograph as to make the card. Just kidding, but it was a nightmare. The card kept flashing and played havoc with the glare it created. Here is my "People Who Live in Glass Houses...."
Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 407 Likes on 353 Posts

What a HAPPY and exciting birthday tea party this week, Cindy!! So fun to have an upbeat occasion! Eula is AMAZING and certainly "one of a kind". Hope she has the best birthday ever!

EULA IS CHAIR-ISHED
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I made this one first but decided I could do a lot better for our Miss Eula. It's kind of cute, but just not special. Here is my "Glass Rose"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Wow! 109! What an honour to make this card for Eula! Thanks pidgesmom and of course, Cindy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello ladies, and thank you for helping to celebrate Miss Eula's 109th!

Here is a Glimpse Into Me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #8  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

109 years young! What an accomplishment! Here's my card for Eula -- Life's Journey.

And I did my homework assignment and wrote a note to Eula explaining my card and telling her a little about myself.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

What a wonderful occasion to celebrate, thanks Cindy, Lorraine and Jackie! Here's mine: Happy Birthday for Eula
FS324 and Tuesday Teapotter
Life is about choices. Choose to live each day to its fullest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I raise my teacup in a toast for Miss Eula!
MMTPT162 Happy Birthday Miss Eula by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is my card for Eula. I chose to use two of my favorite things--flowers and bright colors.

Pink & Orange Flowers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Here's mine (migraine and all): Flowers, Hummingbirds & Teapots

info on my blog: Stamping In The Light: Flowers, Hummingbirds and Teapots - MMTPT162
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm honored to be able to help Eula celebrate her 109th birthday. Here's my card: Inspired
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart wow....109

What a neat idea to think of what our glass window or house would look like, so fun to dream and imagine. great idea Cindy thank you...:0). and I could not even come close to imagine what its like being that old is that amazing...here is my card...MMTPT162, "missing you" by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

No glass house or even a view - my card went off by itself, in a completely different direction!

MMTPT162 - Waiting for the Decorators by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

i am amazed by Eula!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #16  
Glitter Guru

In this card I took Mothermark seriously and made sure there was a window, a view, and something to look at! lol. Took a lot of work but it sure impressed my daughter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is mine

From within my glass house by sumtoy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

I am so inspired by Eula, what an amazing woman she is.....I had read yesterdays Teapot Tuesday Destination, I will sometimes read that once it's up and get a card ready to send, even though I do not always upload here and play along. I do like to send cards out to others. Well, when I read today's challenge, my card was only fitting and I had not loaded it to SCS yet, so here it is.....my card does not say HB on the outside, but I found it fitting.

Thanks for sharing Eula and her story.....she is a very special woman and has touched my heart!

here is my card
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT162 Happy Birthday to Miss Eula by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Miss Eula
MMTPT162 Card for Miss Eula by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 744 Likes on 355 Posts

Here's mine: MMTPT162 For My Glass Room by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I want you to know this is really a work of love. Cutting out anything is tough since I had eye surgery, and my glasses don't work!! I'm so happy to be sending this to Eula!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT162 Eula is 109 !!! by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card for Eula..........will be mailed today. We are leaving for vacation and the west coast tomorrow so won't be able to play for a few weeks but hope to comment on all the wonderful cards. Have a super September everyone.....now off to pack !

HUGS

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

My card for Miss Eula's Birthday Bash!!

MMTPT162, Window Dressing by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Here is my card for Eula:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for a great destination...........my 2nd time!
Thinking of Eula MMTPT162, CC339 by Bailmac - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #26  
101 Airborne

I hope Ms. Eula and Star enjoy them as much as last year!! Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Cindy......I'mma back.whew, was so busy all summer...but so glad to upload here again, you do such a good job hun.hugs. Here is my card
MMTPT162 ~ Poinsetta's & Blue Snowflakes by heartsong47 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks...
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.ca/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MMTPT162 Bring on the Happy for Eula!

Here is my birthday card for Eula

MMTPT162 Bring on the Happy! IC299 by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

THANKS for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default mmtpt162

This is not the easiest card I have ever made. I took the glass house to heart. Not only was it hard to make, it was a bear to photograph. We all know that isn't my strong point. lol
Hope Eula likes it. I will mail it as soon as I get my homework done and write her a little letter to go with it.

mmtpt 162 Eula by Tonda Baldwin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Proud fan club member since 2008

Last edited by Tonda Baldwin; 09-07-2011 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: not showing up in gallery need to change MMTPT to capitals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

here is my card for Eula. It will be in the mail in the morning. she sounds like an amazing woman!

A Cupcake for Eula by ellentaylor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Rubbernecker Stamps
Dolce Impressions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

my card for the remarkable Miss Eula and of course Star---no glassa house but all the things I love besides life!--but could not really fit all the things I love on the card-- LOL
EULA'S and STARS teapotter challenge card by donnajeanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Go Eula Go...here's my card for her!

[SIZE="4"]Flower Trellis![/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

here my card for the challenge thanks hotwheels
Happy BbirthdaY by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great challenge!! Here's my card: Saffron Flowers by DJRants - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers TFL!!
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34
http://www.djs-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes