Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ABC/123 Mini VSBN: Letters C & D

Title: ABC/123 VSBN: Letters C/D
Hostess: Lela (scs: LMN)
Keyword: Fall11MiniVSBN2
Day/Date: Friday, August 19, 2011
Time: 8:00 PM EST

Welcome to our Fall VSBN Academy. During your time here you will work on your personal ABC Album, the Subject is yours to choose. Each Academy Teacher will share with you what Subject they chose. You are to work on the Letters that they share with you. However, you do not need to use their word (unless you want too). The challenge will be their 1-2-3 steps below. Enjoy and be sure to share your page here and to use the correct keyword. Read the rules below your Teacher's challenge to be sure to get included for any Award or Recognition.

I've done very few Mini-Albums previously but I do hope to complete one soon! My Mini-(A-B-C) Album is going to be a Christmas Gift for my Mom! We just recently had our first Family Reunion for her side of the family. It took me alot of prodding to get her Brothers to agree to get together but I know they had a great time and are glad we did. I even had a professional photographer come and take pictures because I wanted to be sure we got some good ones but I got some great shots as well (haha!).

My 1-2-3 challenge to you is to write (1) "letter" to someone as your journaling for your page. You can type, stamp or handwrite. Use a (2) Word Title and (3) of the same embellishment

Here are my Sample Pages: LetterC - Celebrate Life!, Letter D - Dear Mom

Here is the GALLERY for this challenge...leave a little luv for everyone!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. To be considered for VSBN Recognition, ALL CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Sunday, August 28, 2011 using the correct Keyword. Each letter can be represented as an upload either individuall or as a double page spread.

2. You have a totall 2 working hours to complete the challenge (the concept is you can complete 1 page for each letter represented using the challenge as a guide). For contest purposes, 1 'Letter' per participant per challenge will be eligible to earn award/recognition. For example: if you complete 2+ 'A' indivdual pages for this challenge, and upload each of them to the gallery you can only win one award/recognition for only one of your pages; other 'A' pages are part of the gallery to share but cannot win any award/recognition. If you upload a double page spread for 1 Letter as one upload, it will be considered one upload; please do not upload the pages individually or they will not be considered a double page spread.

3. It is the VSBN Challenge Host's decision to award/recognize pages that best represent her challenge based on the criteria in the challenge. Please be sure to write your description of how you interpreted his/her challenge in your Upload Description.

4. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD:
Fall11MiniVSBN2
when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen for consideration. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen by the host and all visitors.
Attached Thumbnails
ABC/123 Mini VSBN:  Letters C & D-christmas-10-388.jpg   ABC/123 Mini VSBN:  Letters C & D-christmas-10-392.jpg  

Last edited by Lmn; 08-19-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,489 Posts

Beautiful Dear Mom page! So sweet! I am doing my GD on C page and thought I would do a letter to her on the D. So we do everything the same except just the letter on one of the pages?

Shaorn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Beautiful Dear Mom page! So sweet! I am doing my GD on C page and thought I would do a letter to her on the D. So we do everything the same except just the letter on one of the pages?

Shaorn
You can do a letter for the journaling on 1 page or both...guess it depends if you're putting them together or not ;) Good Point Sharon. Since mine were 2 separate pages, I did have a letter on both. The "Celebrate Life" one is hidden behind the big picture, actually not shown. I gave all the people inthe photos names and some history about them as I figure no one in my family (immediate) will know who they are some day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Yup

I did order an 8x8 Album to complete my Family ABC Album for my Mom for Christmas, I'm SO excited! I'm planning to use all my fave Pages from the our VSBN to get the pages done.

This GREAT VSBN Idea is brought to you by Mary Pat! Isn't it FAB?! As the kids would say, "Just sayin', right?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I forgot to put the 11 in my keyword so I had to edit so I'm not sure if I should link them until I see the change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Yes, we are still in South Carolina. We did move into a smaller house still at the beach. The longer we stayed in the other house the more things went wrong with it and after all was said and done the owner didn't really want to sell it after all, so we walked away and let her have her lies and her mess back.
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

great challenge... I think I may rethink what I am doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #8  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Oh yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Okay I forgot to put the 11 in my keyword so I had to edit so I'm not sure if I should link them until I see the change.
It does take a few minutes to correct....I forgot to put spaces between my keywords and had to go edit because they all ran together ... fixed now but it was a few ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #9  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool Oh No

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie's PantryView Post
Yes, we are still in South Carolina. We did move into a smaller house still at the beach. The longer we stayed in the other house the more things went wrong with it and after all was said and done the owner didn't really want to sell it after all, so we walked away and let her have her lies and her mess back.
We sort of ran into that when we moved here to Ohio. We found an adorable house we rented and she told us "option to buy". It needed alot of updates but it was great location and would have worked well once it was just me and DH. Unfortunately, the Landlord Lady changed her mind in this case too :( We moved and like our house now but it has steps so it definitely wasn't in the plan to be long term for my DH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Okay looks like it's all fixed...

C is for College Preparations

D is for Diploma & Awards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #11  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking LOL!

Quote:

great challenge... I think I may rethink what I am doing.
These challenges really gave me lots of GREAT Ideas! It's so fun to see all the options ... and scrapped pages are good pages ...hahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #12  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Fun!

Quote:

MP your ABC Album for your DD HS years is definitely going to be enjoyed by her for a long time! I had another idea to pull out my HS photos and put them in an album like this. I have all sorts of picts and I wasn't sure how to scrap them as they're not in "year" order. This would be a great way to put them all together
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
These challenges really gave me lots of GREAT Ideas! It's so fun to see all the options ... and scrapped pages are good pages ...hahaha
I'm enjoying all the ideas I've heard too! I'm really enjoying starting this and so glad I'm doing it now so I can hopefully keep up with her HS years.

Okay, I've been on the computer way to much today...my eyes are just about slits and vision is wonky. I think I better get off now. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Enjoy your night ladies!

Anavon, great to 'see' you again. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

MP your ABC Album for your DD HS years is definitely going to be enjoyed by her for a long time! I had another idea to pull out my HS photos and put them in an album like this. I have all sorts of picts and I wasn't sure how to scrap them as they're not in "year" order. This would be a great way to put them all together
Thanks Lela! I'm pretty tickled myself :-) My dd2 will be a freshman when dd1 is a Senior so I really wanted to stay on top and this digi version is so much better than I'd originally envisioned with the paper version. Gotta luv it when a plan comes together! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I agree... I have so many random pics of the boys during their school years. I think MP's album idea was great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default !

Quote:

Amen!

I can't wait till my DD comes to visit at Christmas and sees all the scrapping I have gotten done this year!

I think I am done with these pages, but have to load them. I forgot how to do eyelets! I did the first page and the eyelets fell out!!! LOL
so i glued them. Then on the second page I figured out I had punched the holes too big! So they are really on right! Drawers, and srawers of eyelets, better start using them!

I am going to go photo, and load now.
back in a jiff!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

okay... DH is finally home. I got to do the dinner thing with him, the boys are at scout camp, so we have some quiet alone time. See you all tomorrow.... Maybe if I get lucky I will have pictures on my pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #18  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking yes

Quote:

I'm enjoying all the ideas I've heard too! I'm really enjoying starting this and so glad I'm doing it now so I can hopefully keep up with her HS years.

Okay, I've been on the computer way to much today...my eyes are just about slits and vision is wonky. I think I better get off now. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Enjoy your night ladies!

Anavon, great to 'see' you again. :cool:
Good Night MP! Thanks for the GREAT VSBN Idea! We'll see ya tomorrow ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #19  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Perfect!

Quote:

Thanks Lela! I'm pretty tickled myself :-) My dd2 will be a freshman when dd1 is a Senior so I really wanted to stay on top and this digi version is so much better than I'd originally envisioned with the paper version. Gotta luv it when a plan comes together! :cool:
What will be SO fun is that once you have the Digi-Version done, as you get photos you want in the album, you can just keep dropping them in place. It will be easier to keep up with
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #20  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Me Too!

Quote:

I agree... I have so many random pics of the boys during their school years. I think MP's album idea was great.
I've asked DH to get my Picture Box down from the attic. He gave me the :rolleyes::rolleyes: but...said he would do it tomorrow. The wheels of INSPIRATION are churning and you know when that's happening, it's always good to go with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #21  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Ugh!

Quote:

[/B]

Amen!

I can't wait till my DD comes to visit at Christmas and sees all the scrapping I have gotten done this year!

I think I am done with these pages, but have to load them. I forgot how to do eyelets! I did the first page and the eyelets fell out!!! LOL
so i glued them. Then on the second page I figured out I had punched the holes too big! So they are really on right! Drawers, and srawers of eyelets, better start using them!

I am going to go photo, and load now.
back in a jiff!

Sharon
Eyelets....yes, I have those. I love to use the larger ones so I can add ribbon! Can't wait to see what you've come up with
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #22  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile Good Night!

Quote:

okay... DH is finally home. I got to do the dinner thing with him, the boys are at scout camp, so we have some quiet alone time. See you all tomorrow.... Maybe if I get lucky I will have pictures on my pages.
Thanks for playing! Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this idea on writing the letter. I would love to write one for DGS to tell him exactly how much we love him and love having him with us. I just don't know about putting it on the version here as DD would read it and I don't want to upset her. The standing "joke" (when DGS is being difficult) is that I use to pray for a baby (even though DH and I wouldn't have any of our own) and that DGS was the answer to my prayer...so be careful what you pray for. Maybe I'll do it and then just hit the button to blank it out on the web version....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I think the letter to someone was a fantastic idea! But now, I will have to do one for each GK when I get to their names! I hope it will work with that letters challenge! Hehee!

Here are my C&D pages. I hope you like it! I think my GD will love it!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #25  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Adorable!

Quote:

I think the letter to someone was a fantastic idea! But now, I will have to do one for each GK when I get to their names! I hope it will work with that letters challenge! Hehee!

Here are my C&D pages. I hope you like it! I think my GD will love it!

Sharon
SUPER CUTE Pages Sharon! Your DGD is going to love this, esp the letter to her
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #26  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
I like this idea on writing the letter. I would love to write one for DGS to tell him exactly how much we love him and love having him with us. I just don't know about putting it on the version here as DD would read it and I don't want to upset her. The standing "joke" (when DGS is being difficult) is that I use to pray for a baby (even though DH and I wouldn't have any of our own) and that DGS was the answer to my prayer...so be careful what you pray for. Maybe I'll do it and then just hit the button to blank it out on the web version....
Terri, it would be special for him later and by blanking it out, your DD wouldn't have hurt feelings so that would work for both! Creativity is good
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

SUPER CUTE Pages Sharon! Your DGD is going to love this, esp the letter to her
Thank you! I just realized something. After the mini I will have done my 10 pages for August! Yea!!!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Terry, I agree with Lela. I think she has a good idea, and that you should do it.

Shaorn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #29  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking WooHoo!

Quote:

Thank you! I just realized something. After the mini I will have done my 10 pages for August! Yea!!!

Sharon
Way to go! Don't you just love VSBN for the challenge to get pages done?! I know it sure has helped me! I am thrilled to be getting more pages done in August
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #30  
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to kissmevodka

Arrrgh! I've run out of ink. I'm feeling jinxed this morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

I just walked into the brick wall of realization again that I have boes and boxes of pictures that I have done nothing with and need to just dive in and do something - anything NOW instead of waiting for........

DD is now 25 and I still have not finished her baby book - how's that for true confessions - ugh. I am so thankful for the ideas you all are sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #32  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissmevodkaView Post
Isn't that frustrating! I ran out of gas for our grill this week and it's irritating because there is no way to know unless you track or just keep spare ... The great thing is that these challenges will be here when you get some ink ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #33  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink Join the Club!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiuenoView Post
I just walked into the brick wall of realization again that I have boes and boxes of pictures that I have done nothing with and need to just dive in and do something - anything NOW instead of waiting for........

DD is now 25 and I still have not finished her baby book - how's that for true confessions - ugh. I am so thankful for the ideas you all are sharing!!
Welcome! We're all scrappers trying to get our albums done! You're in good company. I've been married 23 years and my wedding photos are still in the box. Very few of my kids baby photos are scrapped... I just started scrapping current when I started .... I still need to go back and finish lots of past pages...

Just jump in and start scrapping what moves ya...you'll have an easier time to get started :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauiuenoView Post

Yes...join the club! I'm basically doing digital scrapping but I know I've got tons of pictures printed that I could do regular pages forever! And I've got one of those Creative Memories boxes (the large size) stuffed full of pictures too! I just do pages for my DGS that came to live with us 8 years ago at the age of 3 months. He's good for inspiration and at least he'll have a record of his growing up years...unlike me whose got virtually no photos at all and no one to tell me about those years anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

I mean, I'm HERE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissmevodkaView Post
So sorry! BUT...you can still do planning and laying out of pages until you get more ink! And chat with us although I think the last challenge's time is over now....I need to get DGS to bed (yes..it is after 10 p.m. and he's still awake sitting beside me on the floor watching the telly)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
I mean, I'm HERE!
Hello to you! Did you find your scrappy things?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

So sorry I missed all the fun tonight. I'm nowhere near being able to scrap with y'all but I still wanted to pop in and 'see' you!

Love the challenge, Lela!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #39  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking AAAhhh!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoegirlView Post
I mean, I'm HERE!
Squealing LOUDLY ..... KIRSTEN!!! Hey GF, how are you? Have you started University? Are you enjoying the change? :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #40  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Smile

Quote:

So sorry! BUT...you can still do planning and laying out of pages until you get more ink! And chat with us although I think the last challenge's time is over now....I need to get DGS to bed (yes..it is after 10 p.m. and he's still awake sitting beside me on the floor watching the telly)!
Awww...it's so nice when they're next to you while you're scrapping! How Sweet! I'm sure he's ready for some sleep though for a busy, busy day tomorrow! :p
Reply With Quote Likes