View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #35
pjw2855
Die Cut Diva

I know the style of theme I want of stamps and only purchase those. Unfortunately, I've gotten stamps scene stamps that looked pretty on the card on the wall for display and didn't look at the actual stamp. The stamp was not very deeply etched so the stamping I did was unuseable. My stamping technique is not the problem....I use a proper stamping pad.

I've learned to turn the stamp over to check the depth of the etching before purchasing.

A tree or leaf stamp can be used for any theme of card I'm creating by changing the color ink for outline and pencil coloring. Color changes makes a huge difference.

I only purchase stamps I can hold in my hand first. I could never purchase stamps over the internet.

I do feel etching of the stamp is very important. You have to look at each stamp.

Patti

p.s. To the poster below who does draw instead of stamping at times. I envy you. I only wish I could draw a symetric square.

I met a 97 year old man in the park one day who I showed a card I had created. He said I cheated since I didn't draw the image. I understood his point but realize he didn't understand modern technology. Then I learned the main was an artist. So he had a right to say what he did, I felt.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!