View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #31
lylacfey
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBlossom View Post
Partial hijack here, but relevant anyway...for those of you who buy more than you use, I recommend making a resolution to use every image stamp you own. I did this and it was AMAZING. It also took over 2 years, LOL! But I learned so much about what I really like to use, what stamp styles work for me and what styles don't. It was incredibly valuable and changed the way I buy...which gets me back on topic with the OP...

I buy what I think will fit into my style. If I have old stamps that are similar to the new stamps I want, I pull those stamps out and see if they'll do as a substitute. If not, I buy the new ones.

For instance, I love the new Gratitude Journal from Papertrey, but I'm going to try to use stamps I already have for the same effect. If it works, I'll gloat about it on my blog, and if it doesn't, I'll order the new set.
I did this and I agree with you 100%. Using every single stamp really teaches your style. You can also see which stamps are huge fails and huge success. I also pull out my old stamps and revamp them for new trends. One of the things I loved about stamping was how you could use one stamp in so many different ways. Stamps are pricey so I want the most bang for my buck. Even though it's tempting to buy newer stamps in similar styles I know I have something in my collection that is even better. If I don't then I can buy that new stamp. Doing this gives me more money to buy more stamps for my collection that are different and unique styles.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!