Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wishblade and purchased GSD files

Okay, yesterday I purchased some excellent .GSD files without reading on the Wishblade forum that you cannot use .GSD files created with another software. WRONG! I confess I am a geek of sorts. I love to test things. Off to the internet I went in search of a solution without having to buy some overpriced software package. A FREE PDF converter download solved my problems. It installed to my hard drive, I clicked to open the .exe file and selected my .gsd files one at a time and saved them using the conversion that was automatically selected. Opened my Wishblade software and imported my files. Success!! I can't say that this will work for everyone but it does offer a possible solution to those of you who have also run into this problem.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

I am having the same problem with my wishblade can you tell me which PDF converter you have and how to open them in wishblde thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi kirsty3400! I wish I could help you more than what I can. I don't remember which website I downloaded from but I did a google search for "convert gsd to pdf" and that brought up quite a few. Pick a free one and read all of the details. Some are more complex than others. Once the files were converted I just opened the wishblade software, use import which opens the file window and browse for your converted files. I no longer use the wishblade and it is headed for a new home. I bought the ecraft and it is so much easier to use! Good Luck and happy crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Kristy- I use doPDF. I have used it for years and it's a great convertor. No spyware, adware, completely free and trustworthy. It has won several awards. I am a computer geek so I am careful about things I put on my computer. She's my baby and I dote on her.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

You can use the free Silhouette Studio software now too, and you don't have to convert the file.

Martha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha JView Post
You can use the free Silhouette Studio software now too, and you don't have to convert the file.

Martha
I forgot about that, ROFL! SS was staring at me in the face while I was typing. ! I have it in my Quick Launch bar and my cat was trying to open it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks guys for the help I think i have it almost sorted I have downloaded Shilouette software and Cutepdf I can now save as PDF and open in wishblade software but it won't cut. I will have to have a better look when i have more time and no kids lol x
Reply With Quote Likes