Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT157 ~ TINK, LARUE AND SUNSHINE TOO! PLANNING A TEAPARTY FOR ME AND YOU!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #157

TINK, LARUE AND SUNSHINE TOO!
PLANNING A TEAPARTY FOR ME AND YOU!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. OMG! Do you all realize that its August! Its Back To School! And Then September! Fall! And then October! Halloween! And then November! Thanksgiving! And then December! Christmas! Oh no! What happened to Summer? Time flies when you are having fun and we have been having fun every week at our teaparties! But you have not seen fun until you have partied with the likes of these three! You'll see!

2. Once upon a time there were three little teapots! Tink, LaRue and Sunshine! They've become such good friends sitting on the shelf together for years and years. They've not been bored at all. They keep each other entertained with wonderful tales of teaparties past. Teaparties their grand parents attended, teaparties their parents attended, teaparties they have attended even though their lives are young and there have not been that many!! They love being a part of this wonderful teapot collection and have enjoyed each other's company! And when the other teapots in the collection started calling them The Three Tea-Migos, they decided to leave the collection and try some of their own ideas! They want the exhiliaration of a wonderful teaparty. Today's The Day, Let's Do It Our Way! We'll Make The Plans, Earn Lots of Fans! Teaparty Planners Extraordinaire!

Meet Tink, the Green One-Eyed Wink
Here's What I Think ~ Make it Wild, Make it Fun!!

Meet Blue LaRue, the Play it Pleasant Guru
This is What To Do ~ Make it Relaxing, Make it Nice!

Meet Sunshine Yellow, the Do It with Food Fellow
Just Do it With Jello ~ Make it Filling, Make it Tastey!

Tink, LaRue, and Sunshine Too!
Planning A Teaparty For Me and You!

3. How could this be so difficult? They all know from the stories they have heard what makes a wonderful teaparty but who'da thunk when it came right down to the nitty gritty, there could be such disagreement in planning for their debut, their kickoff, their opening premier teaparty! There is one thing to do and one thing only! They must determine which direction to go! Wild and Fun, Relaxing and Nice, Filling and Tastey! A combination of the three? How can that be?

Tink brings the humor, wild and wacky, let's tell a joke and fling some stuff kinda fun, specializing in teaparty glee! LaRue brings the sophistication, elegance, keep your pinkies up, lacey table cloth, its all about the abiance, specializing in teaparty class! And finally, Sunshine. Sunshine brings the food, it will be incredible as long as its edible, specializing in the teaparty feast!

4. Tink, LaRue, and Sunshine have decided to attend a Teapot Tuesday Teaparty as they have heard that anything goes on Teapot Tuesday. They have heard they are fun, wacky and wild. They have heard they are classy, elegant, and sophisticated! They have heard the food is to die for! First hand observtion will help them in the decision making process. Can a teaparty be a success when it combines the three elements that these Three Tea-Migos each believe so strongly in? We shall see! I think you know what to do! Afterall, we have been doing this for 157 weeks, you talk about expertise!

Here is the Plan, Stan! Stan is another teabuddy they have brought along. He has always hung out with The Three Tea-Migos because he loves color! Especially Green, Blue and Yellow! You see, Stan is a plain white teapot and as wonderful as than can be, he longs for color! Back to the Plan, Stan! We're having a teaparty for Tink, LaRue and Sunshine too! Let's just show them what we can do! Light-hearted, upbeat, beautiful, wonderful, colorful things. Let's encourage these three, fill them with joy and show them what can be done for others through a Teapot Tuesday Teaparty! From flowers, to food, to comical characters. Its wide open this week! You get extra cookies if you keep it light hearted, fun and *young*. That's what these three can relate to! Time to show off Teapotters! Show our stuff to the likes of The Three Tea-Migos! And don't forget Stan, bring his favorite colors!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Guess what? Its a Teapot Tuesday Color Challenge! Bring happy and upbeat cards in specific colors! I don't know any fancy SU names for the colors of the teapots. So, just make your cards in Green, Yellow, and Blue! That's what to do!

DESTINATION STATION:

This week's destination is various locations across many many miles. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to one of the kids of Hugs and Hope Club for Sick Kids. Hugs and Hope is an internet-based group of caring people who are devoted to providing smiles for kids with serious illnesses, injuries or handicaps.The Club was created by Marsha Jordan in October 2000, as a ministry of encouragement for children battling critical illness. Visitors to the site pray for, encourage, and send these children cheerful, special, handmade cards (a.k.a."happy mail"). That is where we come in this week!

For more information on who to mail your card to if you chose to participate, please visit Post #240 in the Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #157 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT157 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT157 ~ TINK, LARUE AND SUNSHINE TOO!  PLANNING A TEAPARTY FOR ME AND YOU!-3color_teapots.jpg   MMTPT157 ~ TINK, LARUE AND SUNSHINE TOO!  PLANNING A TEAPARTY FOR ME AND YOU!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-08-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JayDeKay ~ 8/4
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I kinda got carried away today and created these 3 cards for this week's challenge. Could be because I am on vacation from work, so had lots of time to play? maybe it was a big dose of mojo? Whatever it was all three of these cards will be going to one of the children on the H&H thread. I'm plannin on popping back later tonight or tomorrow so I don't do 3 posts in a row...

Bear Hugs

Hatter Madness

Stan Hitches a Ride
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

WOW, Cindy.........you did a LOT of work for this one! I, too, hope every child receives a card. Hopefully, Caleb isn't a teenager since I did gear my card to a younger child. I'm glad it turned out to be a boy....not that girls don't like frogs! : )

HOPPY HELLO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to go back and read directions. I did one card with three colors. (In my defense, I am also trying to do all of the dirty girl challenges - and I think I saw Cindy's name farther down the list.) I will get to the H&H list soon.
MMTPT157 ~DTGD11 - Tink, LaRue and Sunshine by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for all of your work, Cindy.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #6  
101 Airborne

Here's my card and I will mail it tomorrow morning to the child's name that came up for my post number. House Mouse - Paper Clip Heart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Here's my card for this week's challenge. It's going in the mail tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Here are mine. I made one all blinged out and 2 that would be suitable for boys. If someone wants to swap me a girl for my boy, pm me please.
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here are my two cards! Cindy if you need more, let me know!

MMTPT157 Delight by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

MMTPT157 Hawaiin Sea Breeze by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Here's my yellow, green and blue teapot card! I'll be sending this off to one of the kids once I find the right thread!!! Thanks for finding these great destinations for our cards Cindy!

MMTPT157 You're the Best! by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Here's my Quack Me Up card!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Here's mine! erika348 - Hola by erika348 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I will send my card out to my child tomorrow as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #13  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine

Delicious Summer

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the heads up giving the link for more info on the child - I see "mine" is an 8 yr old boy - I intend to do a remake to do something a bit more suitable!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Call me dumb, but I still can't work out if we're meant to make monochromatic cards or just cards in those bright colours?
I think that when I get home from work I'll sign up and get an idea of who I'm sending to, because that will certainly jumpstart where I go with the card. Not good at boy cards unless I know ahead of time that it's for a boy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

count me in. I am sure I will be coming in the back door with a late pass for this one, but I am in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:15 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Here's my "back door" entry to the challenge - just HAD to add orange and pink - it just SAYS summer fun, and what's a card without orange??!! I would like to send my card to a child, too. Send me an address!
Just Tubin and Tannin! by naynay123 at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by naynay123; 08-02-2011 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: forgot my card link! DUH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

Here's mine:MMTPT157, Cow Are Ya? by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Don't you think this card will bring a smile to a little face?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT157 Just inchin by by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #20  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's my mice. I hope they don't look mangy. I flocked several layers on them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

here my card hope by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers thanks hotwheels

Ps cindy pick out name for me please and email.to me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #22  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I haven't been able to participate in the tea parties the last couple of weeks, but I couldn't let this one go. I already got my number and know who is getting mine. Fun!

Greetings Earthlings (MMTPT157) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT157 A Cheery Hello by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

OK..........here's my card............better late then never. Now to figure out who to send it too !!!

Wow..........I actually was able to figure out who to send my card to. That worked out pretty well...............if you need more cards I will be happy to send out more.

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by GardenDiva; 08-02-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #24  

For better or worse, here is mine: MMTPT157 Blue Skies by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my card: Friends for Tea by DJRants - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers TFL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart teddy bear picnic

Im so late....lol time elapsed so fast at our little picnic...lol...lost track of it...I did bring some mulit colored mints , they are so yummy and match the colors...little bears like a fresh breath too...:0)
Got lots of the 3 colors in it but a few others too so hope its all cool...thanks for the fun challenge....again girl....and this little guy si shy but fun and gets into a bit of mischief...lol....here he is...MMTPT157, QFTD71, " teddy bear picnic " by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers a great day all ...:0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Cindy, thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this challenge! No doubt there will be many happy little smiling faces thanks to you!

Here's my Just for You.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Yay, I played today! Here's mine:

Hi Hi Hi

TFL!
Stamping Tech for Technique Tuesday
Happy to be a Fan Club Member!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #29  
Glitter Guru

I'm so glad I had a chance to participate in this Teapot Challenge, such a good cause! Here's my card

Bouncey Hello!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to crazykim

I have my cards ready to go -- I have been reading up about my kids that I am posting to and seeing their photos -- wow -- tears big time -- all these beautiful children and so young -- so so sad. I had to stop reading case I was crying so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #31  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MMTPT157

Put your sunglasses on! This is bright. I not only can't count but it appears I don't know how to upload my card. I just put it in a thread all by itself. lol

MMTPT157 by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 AM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
There's something you should know, I'm a tea potter on the go!
And I really like sugar and spice and everythink sweet and pretty and nice,
like lace and things that are frilly, but fashion and sophistication on me.
That's just silly. Though yellow, green and blue, now that I can do!
And for a teaparty with you I've wishin, but today, I think I'll just go fishin'.
"Catch" you next rhyme! Wink Wink

Last edited by redi2stamp; 08-03-2011 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: link didn't work
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my card for my H & H person.

Frog Hello
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MMTPT157 BINGO and a Poem

I'm at the back door so please let me in ... you see I brought all of you Tuesday Teapotters balloons and white cupcakes with fresh raspberry frosting and coconut!

MMTPT157 BINGO and Poem by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Too cute, too cute!

Too cute, too cute! I just love all these little rhymes and poems that go around! If you care to read mine:

MMTPT157 BINGO and Poem by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Quote:

Originally Posted by redi2stampView Post
Splitcoast Gallery - Login
There's something you should know, I'm a tea potter on the go!
And I really like sugar and spice and everythink sweet and pretty and nice,
like lace and things that are frilly, but fashion and sophistication on me.
That's just silly. Though yellow, green and blue, now that I can do!
And for a teaparty with you I've wishin, but today, I think I'll just go fishin'.
"Catch" you next rhyme! Wink Wink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cindy, this was realy a very touching destination this week. I know they all are, but going through all those kids pages, was so sad...I hope you get everyone to send a card. My card is going to a little girl that has water on the brain and cannot speak. She like's carebears and bright colors. She is having her 10th birthday 8-24-11 so I'm going to send her another card for her b-day.
This is my card:
For MMTPT157 by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Cindy for ALL your hard work. Love this weeks destination. My card is for an 8 year old boy. One of his interests is Nascar. I had this digi image that I haven't used yet and thought it was perfect for him.
Racing by to say HI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67View Post
Cindy, this was realy a very touching destination this week. I know they all are, but going through all those kids pages, was so sad...I hope you get everyone to send a card. My card is going to a little girl that has water on the brain and cannot speak. She like's carebears and bright colors. She is having her 10th birthday 8-24-11 so I'm going to send her another card for her b-day.
This is my card:
For MMTPT157 by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I just droped my card in our mail box in Apt. Bldg. now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #39  
Glitter Guru

Default I'm late (and confused)

I know the kids have all been covered, so I'm not sure how this is now working. But I picked two siblings from Michigan - Chayce and Keegan - to send this card to (I'm actually sending each child a card but the cards are identical.) I'm trying to catch up on my backlog of cards for the various tea parties!
Reply With Quote Likes