View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #48
muscrat
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
A demo has to sell $300 a quarter, but gets a 20% discount off that order. Savings=$60

A customer can have two workshops totaling $150 each every quarter and earn $25 in free stuff with each workshop. Savings=$50

So, you have to debate whether that extra $10 is really worth the hassle of bookkeeping and accounting and all the Independent Demonstrator agreement rules.
But you are assuming the customer has two workshops totalling $150 to make a savings. If you are just a regular customer, there are no savings so $60 would be better than $0. The demo is required to sell $300 a quarter but she doesn't have to spend that $300 if she has enough friends to help her meet that quota. For instance, my demo has three of us who come to her house each month. We make some cards and then place some orders. We take turns being the hostess so once every fourth month I would get a little bit of free product, but my demo makes her quota each quarter and gets her 20% discount without spending the $300 herself. Does that make sense? Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!