Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 AM   #41  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshineView Post
I cannot get the link to open on my computer and the SU website doesn't show anything to me, I am not a demo. Can someone give another link? thanks *~*
Do you have the software to see pdf's? If not, you can go to Adobe.com and download the Adobe Reader.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG! OK, so I am like a holiday freak! Especially Christmas. So I just took a quick peek at the mini and I love almost everything in it! I already own almost all he Christmas stamps as it is....I guess a few more never hurt anyone, right?

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just a question to you all. I see some like a lot in the mini and some, like me, only like one or two items. The ones who like a lot, is it for scrapbooking or for making cards? I don't scrapbook and was just wondering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by twotallzView Post
OMG! OK, so I am like a holiday freak! Especially Christmas. So I just took a quick peek at the mini and I love almost everything in it! I already own almost all he Christmas stamps as it is....I guess a few more never hurt anyone, right?
That's the way I see it too! I keep all my Christmas as well.....in 2-3 years the stuff that you sent this year folks won't (Probably) remember and you can make it again!!!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to leggycountrygirl
Default company policy

it is my understanding from Stampin Up compliance that links to the new holiday mini catalog cannot be posted until September 1, and the only people who have access to them are demonstrators- so my question is why are demonstrators going against company policies?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always wonder why some demos have to post the things they aren't supposed to. Remember someone posted the In Color names early this year?? Lame.

I am sure we all have accidentally broken rules before, but this is INTENTIONAL rule breaking, I think it just makes them look bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE the Holiday Mini. I was saving for CHA and have not placed my big catty order yet. (I'm just a regular ole customer) So I'm going to have a HUGE order. Which is fine because there is a level 3 set I will perish without this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Erin LOL! I know I soooo need that hostess set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by leggycountrygirlView Post
it is my understanding from Stampin Up compliance that links to the new holiday mini catalog cannot be posted until September 1, and the only people who have access to them are demonstrators- so my question is why are demonstrators going against company policies?
The link hasn't necessarily been posted by demos. I know someone who is good at computer stuff was able to figure out the link from SU's own website. So we can't conclude that demos are leaking the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

So what's on everyone's wishlist from the Holiday Mini?

Me:

Twick or Tweet
Haunting Hill
Night and Day Speciality paper
Four the Holidays
The punch for orniments is darling but I think I'll pass on it.

Hmm, not as bad as I thought. I know my BFF Ronnie had a ton she wanted too. Maybe that made me FEEL like it was more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sure if you are a rule following SU demo it's terribly frustrating for people, SU demo or not, to post these things early when you can't. You have my sympathy. I would never post it myself out of respect for that.

But once it's posted I guess my feeling bad for you doesn't go far enough to NOT LOOK for weeks and weeks waiting for them to go live! haha. I hope you understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I'm sure if you are a rule following SU demo it's terribly frustrating for people, SU demo or not, to post these things early when you can't. You have my sympathy. I would never post it myself out of respect for that.

But once it's posted I guess my feeling bad for you doesn't go far enough to NOT LOOK for weeks and weeks waiting for them to go live! haha. I hope you understand.
Well put! I have to agree with both sentiments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

On my wishlist is the

Four for the Holidays
The name escapes me, but the Joseph, Mary and Jesus realistic one.

when I get my own mini to have and to hold, I will have more opportunity to comb through it and find more, I'm sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I already pre-ordered quite a few of the new sets -6 of them LOL but I still have more on my wishlist.

I got:
Twick or Tweet
Just Beclause
Beary Best Friends
Serene Snowflakes
Sweet Centers
Cold and Cuddly

I still want ummm pretty much everything else! Tee hee hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

I really love that pop up christmas tree! But I just can't get past the price. The sizzix dies I have now were mostly purchased on sale and with coupons! So I guess I don't need it,huh, if I'm not willing to pay the price,lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluv2colorView Post
I really love that pop up christmas tree! But I just can't get past the price. The sizzix dies I have now were mostly purchased on sale and with coupons! So I guess I don't need it,huh, if I'm not willing to pay the price,lol.

If you have a 250 dollar workshop you can get it for 10 dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

So I have a question for those in the know---if I order from the mini can I also order from the regular catalog and add all that together to receive a hostess benefit? And if so, can I pick if my hostess benefit comes from the mini or the standard catalog? Or how does that work? I have been kicking myself for not ordering a set when I placed my original order---I want the Extreme Elements set--should have ordered it originally but talked myself out of it!!! So---now I want to know if I can combine my order---and of course I would have to find the money to buy enough to qualify for a hostess set---but for now, can some one please explain the rules?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #58  

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, beginning September 1 you can combine your order from the big catty and the mini. You can choose your hostess set and/or your free merchandise from either catalog.

Find a friend to order something with you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

Great! Now I can start choosing what to order----I already hit people up to order with me last time---don't know if they would be willing to do it a second time and for me to get the goodies too. ;) Thanks so much for the help---can't wait to place my next order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #60  
Crimping Master

I don't know who posted the link to the mini, but thank you - I'll get mine next Saturday at stamp camp, but it's nice to have a peak ahead of time so I can budget myself.

For the person who posted frustration over the mini being out there - I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not at all certain that it was a demonstrator who linked it and it certainly wasn't a demo who put the link up in this thread. You know, every mini gets linked and I kind of think SU probably wants it that way - they love it when the mini goes live on Sept 1st and demonstrators are already submitting big orders - so it wouldn't surprise me if SU doesn't decide when and if things get leaked and how (just like a hollywood publicist might decide about a star or the government might decide about some of their plans and bills).

...back to the mini - it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, so I was surprised there weren't more 'must have's' for me. Actually nothing is in the 'must have' category. I like the new charms, but they are overpriced - if I'm going to start paying over $20 Canadian for the charm part and then craft the centre and have to buy the chain, I can come up with something more reasonable and beautiful to make for someone. Too bad they outpriced themselves on this one because I would really like to order one to try;) I also like the ornament stamps and the matching punch - but I'm not going to pay the price for both to basically make Christmas tags which I can already make and which are getting cheaper and cheaper to buy these days. Too bad - they are super cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #61  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les' GirlView Post
I don't know who posted the link to the mini, but thank you - I'll get mine next Saturday at stamp camp, but it's nice to have a peak ahead of time so I can budget myself.

For the person who posted frustration over the mini being out there - I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not at all certain that it was a demonstrator who linked it and it certainly wasn't a demo who put the link up in this thread. You know, every mini gets linked and I kind of think SU probably wants it that way - they love it when the mini goes live on Sept 1st and demonstrators are already submitting big orders - so it wouldn't surprise me if SU doesn't decide when and if things get leaked and how (just like a hollywood publicist might decide about a star or the government might decide about some of their plans and bills).

...back to the mini - it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, so I was surprised there weren't more 'must have's' for me. Actually nothing is in the 'must have' category. I like the new charms, but they are overpriced - if I'm going to start paying over $20 Canadian for the charm part and then craft the centre and have to buy the chain, I can come up with something more reasonable and beautiful to make for someone. Too bad they outpriced themselves on this one because I would really like to order one to try;) I also like the ornament stamps and the matching punch - but I'm not going to pay the price for both to basically make Christmas tags which I can already make and which are getting cheaper and cheaper to buy these days. Too bad - they are super cute!
I just went back and double checked the Canadian prices on the things I was talking about and I'm really discouraged. The cheapest charm (1" x 1") is 25.95 Canadian (when you add s&h and tax it's over $31 for one charm for crafting?!) - no matter how much I like it I can never order it for that price:(! ...Also the prices on the the ornament stampset and matching punch are 28.95 and 22.95 respectively - that's over $50 for those two items (and I'm not even going to calculate what the couple sheets of rubons would bring that too?!) - so with s&h and taxes that's $63 for the stamps and punch that I want to make tags with this year?!

I know this probably won't change anything, but if you are a reader who works for SU or who is a demonstrator for SU, could you do me a favour and just remind head office that many of us Canadian customers are getting weary of their prices which are going up up up again for us (and not in a fair relationship to the exchange rate - ex. that same ornament punch is 15.95 if in the US mini (If I were to apply the Cdn US exchange rate plus a couple of points to cover overhead for SU - that punch would be $17.50 Cdn not 22.95!)

(sigh) ...thanks for listening... (sigh)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryTHutchinsonView Post
I just became a SU demonstrator last week. I see mention of the holiday mini. When did that come out, and how does one get one?

Mary
Have you signed up on the demo side of SCS yet? It is really the best place to post if you're a demo (a lot of demos quit looking at the general side after they sign up...it's just more business related and focused on SU only). No offense to all you general side stampers...I lurk here occasionally when the demo side bores me, hehe.

Welcome to the family! You'll have so much fun...sign up on the demo side ASAP, the ladies there are always more than helpful!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #63  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

I am mainly a card maker, but do some scrapbooking...I luv the mini. esp. the Christmas stuff, I am all about Christmas. *~*

quote=Biko8666;14745600]Just a question to you all. I see some like a lot in the mini and some, like me, only like one or two items. The ones who like a lot, is it for scrapbooking or for making cards? I don't scrapbook and was just wondering.[/quote]
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

I just received my new mini in the mail today. When I looked at it online, I found so much I didn't think I could live without. Now that I have received it, I can't remember everything I wanted and there wasn't that much that was appealing to me. Maybe on another day I will feel differently. Isn't that ironic how things like that happen?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #65  
Stampin' Fool

Default holiday mini

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapomView Post
I just received my new mini in the mail today. When I looked at it online, I found so much I didn't think I could live without. Now that I have received it, I can't remember everything I wanted and there wasn't that much that was appealing to me. Maybe on another day I will feel differently. Isn't that ironic how things like that happen?
Me too! I don't see a whole lot that I really need.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

When is the next one coming out for this year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

The next mini, the Holiday mini, starts September 1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #68  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
When is the next one coming out for this year?
September 1st

(demos can order August 1st)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

So if they can order Aug. 1st, they already have it in their hands?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
So if they can order Aug. 1st, they already have it in their hands?
it is available to us online right now... we will get one w/ our first august demo order
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #72  
Kookie Creator

Convention attendees for 2011 received their Holiday Mini catalog the rest of us have to pre-order from the pdf file online starting August 1- customers can order starting Sept 1, 2011. They say 2 things on the demo site- with our first Aug order as a demo we get a mini in that order when its shipped and then on the chart it says we get one with our next Stampin Success- I am not a happy camper about that- I got my Stampin Success 2 days ago, there is NO reason it could not have been in there
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 AM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

I really like the Sizzix die they used on the Advent calendar with the little windows. It would be fun to use on the front of a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #74  
Kookie Creator

Krista, I totally agree and I am so excited to order it next week and use it on my scrapbook pages!
Reply With Quote Likes