Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SU! Catalog Card Sample Mystery

I think the card samples in the new SU! catalog are the best ever. I'm so happy that everyone will be able to view it tomorrow, if they haven't already gotten a copy.

I have a question about some of the samples. I imagine the card recipes will be out tomorrow, too. (Why oh why don't they put them in the back of the book like they used to?) But I was wondering about a few things.

First, on pg 62 on the Be Strong card and on pg 64 on the Celebrate (elephant on ball) card the ribbon looks like the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Crumb Cake, doesn't it? It sure does to me. What up with that? That ribbon doesn't come in Crumb Cake. Do you think they took that ribbon in Very Vanilla and colored it with a marker? I'd love to know because it's so pretty!

Second, back to pg 62 and the Be Strong card. The striped paper in the background looks to be Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake, not Daffodil Delight and Whisper White as the Designer Series Paper, Big Top Birthday, offers. Do you think they colored in the white stripe with Crumb Cake ink? It looks awesome!

Next, one of my very favorite cards is one on the cover...the butterfly on the embossed frame card. What DSP is that? It looks like the Mocha Morning Specialty paper thats perhaps been swiped with Blushing Bride ink. Although the sample card on pg 183 is easily recognizable as Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. And about that ribbon on the cover card...it looks like crumb cake seam binding that has a slight pinkish tint to it. Perhaps it was swiped with Blushing Bride also? The sample card on pg 12 (middle card) uses that ribbon and it's not pinkish. What do you think?

And finally, the card on page 76 at the bottom. It looks to be textured paper thats been swiped with a Whisper White or Very Vanilla Craft Ink Pad...does it look like that to you? Cool technique!

Yes, I'm a little crazy. I love the new catalog and the samples. I look forward to talking about them when everyone has them. It won't be but a few hours now. In the mean time, can anyone answer my questions? If not, that's okay. It's all good.

Thank a bunch!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #2  
neglecting the kids and housework

I think it's the green taffeta on the elephant but it's lit differently.

Cover looks like Mocha Morning but not sure about the pink tint

Last one I agree with you. I really like white swiped on Crumb Cake too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #3  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 370 Likes on 228 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeisaJaneView Post
I think the card samples in the new SU! catalog are the best ever. I'm so happy that everyone will be able to view it tomorrow, if they haven't already gotten a copy.

I have a question about some of the samples. I imagine the card recipes will be out tomorrow, too. (Why oh why don't they put them in the back of the book like they used to?) But I was wondering about a few things.

First, on pg 62 on the Be Strong card and on pg 64 on the Celebrate (elephant on ball) card the ribbon looks like the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Crumb Cake, doesn't it? It sure does to me. What up with that? That ribbon doesn't come in Crumb Cake. Do you think they took that ribbon in Very Vanilla and colored it with a marker? I'd love to know because it's so pretty!

Second, back to pg 62 and the Be Strong card. The striped paperthis looks like it's from the Quick Accents at the bottom of the page in the background looks to be Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake, not Daffodil Delight and Whisper White as the Designer Series Paper, Big Top Birthday, offers. Do you think they colored in the white stripe with Crumb Cake ink? It looks awesome!

Next, one of my very favorite cards is one on the cover...the butterfly on the embossed frame card. What DSP is that? It looks like the Mocha Morning Specialty paper thats perhaps been swiped with Blushing Bride ink. Although the sample card on pg 183 is easily recognizable as Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. And about that ribbon on the cover card...it looks like crumb cake seam binding that has a slight pinkish tint to it. Perhaps it was swiped with Blushing Bride also? The sample card on pg 12 (middle card) uses that ribbon and it's not pinkish. What do you think?

And finally, the card on page 76 at the bottom. It looks to be textured paper thats been swiped with a Whisper White or Very Vanilla Craft Ink Pad...does it look like that to you? Cool technique!

Yes, I'm a little crazy. I love the new catalog and the samples. I look forward to talking about them when everyone has them. It won't be but a few hours now. In the mean time, can anyone answer my questions? If not, that's okay. It's all good.

Thank a bunch!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, duh! You're so right, Leigh Anne, it's right there on the bottom of page 62 on Quick Accents. I should have looked closer!

The ribbon still doesn't look green to me. There are green samples around it that look green, not like Crumb Cake. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leisa, I love this catalogues offerings too! The samples seem much nicer than in the past.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Char! I'm so excited about the catalog...just wish I had more money to spend!

My favorite thing in the whole catalog is the ruffled ribbon. I wish it came in every color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't forget that colors don't always photograph or print true. What looks brown on your copy may be green in real life. There are some great samples. I would love the job of creating samples for the catalogue, wouldn't you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

The reason why they stopped putting the supply lists in the catalog is so they can put more product in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

My mystery: page 6, the verse in the black frame...will it be a MDS offering, stamped letters...what?

It's fun to speculate!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll bet you're right that that's what it'll be since it's on the MDS page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

As for the white swipe on the card on p 76...there's one on p 115 that they swiped with white and then stamped the greeting...and they gave the directions there. So I would guess that you're right about white craft ink swiping.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The supply list is up:
2011-2012 Catalogs - Stampin' Up!
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
As for the white swipe on the card on p 76...there's one on p 115 that they swiped with white and then stamped the greeting...and they gave the directions there. So I would guess that you're right about white craft ink swiping.
ooooooh, preeeetty! Gotta try that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftdocView Post
The supply list is up:
2011-2012 Catalogs - Stampin' Up!
Yeah, it was just Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon...mysteries solved. I'm sure everyone's right about the lighting.

I'm lovin' all the card samples. Placed my first order...wish it could have been more. Still I'm very happy with the new catalog offerings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks for reminding me I need to sit down sometime this weekend and go through the catalog and supply list and scope out all the things I have to CASE! Maybe I'll have all the stuff I need for some of the cards with sets I already have while I wait for the new...

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Haven't recieved my NEW catty, yet. {YO, SU consultant, you know who you are...;) }
But can't wait to see what you are talkng about!!

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennikView Post
Haven't recieved my NEW catty, yet. {YO, SU consultant, you know who you are...;) }
But can't wait to see what you are talkng about!!

jennik
You can view it online now! And I can't GIVE my catties away...my three customers have not told me when and where to give them theirs, they must be nuts, lol!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
You can view it online now! And I can't GIVE my catties away...my three customers have not told me when and where to give them theirs, they must be nuts, lol!

Well, I looked, but it is just not the SAME!!! I gotta feel the pages, smell the ink, the whole shebang!!

SUPPOSSIDLY..... the catty will be here on Wed. I will be stalking my mailman all week.

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Hi Char! I'm so excited about the catalog...just wish I had more money to spend!

My favorite thing in the whole catalog is the ruffled ribbon. I wish it came in every color.
Me too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #20  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennikView Post
Well, I looked, but it is just not the SAME!!! I gotta feel the pages, smell the ink, the whole shebang!!

SUPPOSSIDLY..... the catty will be here on Wed. I will be stalking my mailman all week.

jennik
I know it's not the same!!!! It's why I spend a crap ton on shipping June 1 so I can get my copy....forget about all the new stuff I bought, lol! My catalog was at the bottom of the box so I just threw all the new stuff out on the floor, hahaha. I went back and paid some attention to it later but after some quality time with my catalog:-) But seeing it online is better than nothing I guess! Hope you get yours soon!!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

Default recipes in back of book

Quote:

Second, back to pg 62 and the Be Strong card. The striped paper in the background looks to be Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake, not Daffodil Delight and Whisper White as the Designer Series Paper, Big Top Birthday, offers. Do you think they colored in the white stripe with Crumb Cake ink? It looks awesome!

Thank a bunch!
I was told by my demo that they no longer put it in the back so that they can feature more products, but this doesn't make sense to me. Really? In previous years, did someone say, well, I guess those four new sets won't make it to the catalog this time - it'll add 9 more pages to each catalog. Really?! This year's catalog is 240 pages, 33 recipes pages that you have to print yourself. I don't have a duplex printer that will do both sides of the paper. I think when you print it out, the print is larger. Last year's catalog pages: 222, recipe pages, 27, self printed. 2009, 208 pages I didn't print them that year. I think that was the first one w/o recipe pages. In the 2008 IBC, it included 8.5 pages of recipes for the making of the samples. How much could this have added to the cost of the catalog? How much product did those pages sell? They sold quite a bit to me because I studied them like it was my job and if I needed something to do a project, then it was a sale that wouldn't have been made w/o those pages. Yes, you can print them out and have them bound in you catalog if you want, but that's not the point. They are trying to sell us products, why would they want to make it harder? Don't even get me started on the BGS not being offered in cling mount when they have a clear block sized just for that. Hey, SU! Are you listening??

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

I agree--this year's card samples are the best. Really outside-the-box. I really wish the recipes were provided. It's nice to see that everyone is able to help each other out with questions. Makes for an interesting post. I had to pull out my cattie to follow along. Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #23  
Crimping Master

Default Spooky Bingo Bits

Here's another mystery: Spooky Bingo Bits on p. 25. The cat on the sample is facing right, while the stamp images show it facing left.

Any ideas? or does anyone have it yet?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #24  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValliView Post
Here's another mystery: Spooky Bingo Bits on p. 25. The cat on the sample is facing right, while the stamp images show it facing left.

Any ideas? or does anyone have it yet?
I do! He's facing right on the case and the actual stamp. maybe a misprint in the catty!!! Good catch!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I do! He's facing right on the case and the actual stamp. maybe a misprint in the catty!!! Good catch!
Minders, thanks for clearing that up!

Has SU released a list of corrections yet?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #26  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValliView Post
Minders, thanks for clearing that up!

Has SU released a list of corrections yet?
Not that I'm aware of.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

FINALLY!!! I got my catty and have spent the last two nights going through it!! Didn't even turn on the computer, busy going through the catty and making a gihugic wish list. ;)

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes