View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #25
Scrapjanny
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch View Post
I needed a card and I'm trying to use some of my STUFF. So I a grab a classy piece of Designer Cardstock. It is from CratePaper, vintage 2007. It is still cute so I try and turn it into the focal point of a card with a simple saying. Sound easy, and it would have been but with all I own from SU I had a hard time putting the card together!
The back ground was between white and vanilla, I used white and sponged the edges with crumb cake. It worked, kind of. I used kraft ribbon as a last resort. The print had a blue in it that did not come close to matching any of SU's blues.
I think you get the picture. I finished the card, it was fine but....that is why I am SUO. It drives me crazy when I have a stamp room full of colors that do not match my cute piece of paper. I am color challenged (but I make amazing cookies) that is why I enjoy sticking with one line of product. Some say it is boring but it suits me fine!
So I will purchase one or two packages of designer paper, the ribbon and brads to match. I probably already have the paper and ink. And it works....For me!!
SU has some cute ribbon and designer paper in the new catty, but I just may use what i have, at least for a day or two.
Have a happy stamping day!
That is exactly why I don't limit myself to one company. When I have lots of choices, it is much easier to coordinate things. Coordinate is the key word for me. My papers and embellishments don't have to match exactly. As long as everything looks nice together, that's good enough for me.

Everyone is different and approaches things in a different way. I don't think it's necessary to knock what others like to do in "defense" of your own way of doing things. (I'm not referring to you. I'm referring to one or two posters who were a bit harsh with their replies. Totally unnecessary.)

Whatever you decide to do, be happy and enjoy yourself. If you want to buy only one company's products, go for it and enjoy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!