View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
ch
Mad Swapper

Default This is why I'm SU (or PTI, or TAC or whatever) only.

I needed a card and I'm trying to use some of my STUFF. So I a grab a classy piece of Designer Cardstock. It is from CratePaper, vintage 2007. It is still cute so I try and turn it into the focal point of a card with a simple saying. Sound easy, and it would have been but with all I own from SU I had a hard time putting the card together!
The back ground was between white and vanilla, I used white and sponged the edges with crumb cake. It worked, kind of. I used kraft ribbon as a last resort. The print had a blue in it that did not come close to matching any of SU's blues.
I think you get the picture. I finished the card, it was fine but....that is why I am SUO. It drives me crazy when I have a stamp room full of colors that do not match my cute piece of paper. I am color challenged (but I make amazing cookies) that is why I enjoy sticking with one line of product. Some say it is boring but it suits me fine!
So I will purchase one or two packages of designer paper, the ribbon and brads to match. I probably already have the paper and ink. And it works....For me!!
SU has some cute ribbon and designer paper in the new catty, but I just may use what i have, at least for a day or two.
Have a happy stamping day!