Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Would you like a round 3 of the Alphabet Challenge? Should changes be made?
Yes. Don't change a thing. 7 77.78%
Yes. I do have an idea to change it up a bit. 2 22.22%
No, I think I've had enough of the Alphabet Challenge. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Weekly Alphabet Challenge - RND 2

Welcome to the second round of the Alphabet Challenge. Anyone can play. If you are new to SCS or even new to stamping, this is a fun place to start. You'll get to practice your card making as well as meet new SCS friends. If you have been stamping for awhile and have been on SCS before, that's okay because you too will be challenged and get to meet new SCS friends.

Here's how it works:

The Alphabet Challenge changes letters every Wednesday. This time we are staying in alpha order so todays letter is "A". Then next Wednesday's letter will be "B" the following Wednesday's letter will be "C" and so on.

The object of this challenge is to use an item that begins with the weekly letter on your card. Therefore, if the letter is "P" you could use a Paperclip or a picture of a Panda. If the letter is "B" you could use a Brad or a picture of a Bear. Etc... You then need to upload your card and post it in this thread. The keyword will be DDABC2 - (whatever letter it is for the week).

Each week there will be a drawing to see who is going to be the "Happy Mail" recipient of the prior week's cards. If you win you choose where you want us to send the cards. They can come directly to you or if you know someone that could use some "Happy Mail" you can have the cards sent to him/her.

It is NOT mandatory for you to send your card to anyone. You can keep your card if you wish. Please keep in mind some of our players are outside of the United States. Therefore, you may have to use a little extra postage if you should choose to mail your card out.

In order to be entered into the drawing to become the "Happy Mail" recipient you MUST post your card here in this thread. Your name will be entered into the drawing for each card made. So let's say you made 2 cards for the letter "A", your name will be entered into the drawing two times.

This time around I am adding a game to each week's posting. I will give you a word that begins with the week's letter. The first person to pm me with the correct meaning of the word wins a prize. It is NOT mandatory that you play. This is just to add some extra fun.

Is everybody ready to play??? If you have any questions please feel free to pm myself or FMcrafter. The main thing is to have fun and to make some new SCS friends.

So let's get started shall we?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies and welcome to the second round of the Alphabet Challenge. If you are new or even if you've played in the past, please read post #1. There have been a few changes. Thank you for playing. We are going to have fun!!!!!

This is week #1 the letter for this week is: "A"

Please use the keyword: DDABC2 - A

The word for this week is: Agio

The "Happy Mail Recipient" for the last set of cards made in round 1, which was the letter "U" is: Stampmontana
Montana
, I have an address on file for you. If you wish to have the "U" cards sent somewhere different please pm me the address. For those of you that wish to send Montana your "U" card please pm me for her address. Congratulations Montana!!!!!

My Card: A = Apron & Absolutely Awful Anchovies

Last edited by DellsDani; 06-15-2011 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I found it I Found it!!!!

In the end we are not only defined by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy.
John Sawhill~Nature Conservancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket3571View Post
Hello! I found it I Found it!!!!
Yes you did. I am so glad!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies, we already have a winner for the word game. The winner is Cricket3571.

agio = a charge made when cash is given for paper currency.

Cricket3571 you will receive your prize in the mail. I have an address on file. If it has changed please send me the new one in a pm. If I do not receive a pm I will send it to the address on file. Congratulations on being our word winner for the letter "A". Way to go!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 893 Likes on 566 Posts

Morning...she says at 3pm...LOL The only good thing about my weird sleeping is that I miss quite a bit of the heat. I will have to update my siggy and get to figuring out a card.

The postal strike is in Alberta today so I still managed to get HAPPY MAIL from Dani...gt the D & L cards today...Now email isn't yet figured out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Ok, I am home from running errands and am working on my "A" card right now!

In the end we are not only defined by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up

Ok, here is mine.... A is for Artichoke

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #9  
Swapper of the Month February 2012

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Dani,
Here's my question. Will I need to post now, what my A challenge will be? (LIke Cricket )? If I do not, I would like to join.

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.earlgreyView Post
Dani,
Here's my question. Will I need to post now, what my A challenge will be? (LIke Cricket )? If I do not, I would like to join.

Joan
Hi Miss Joan (waving wildly!!!)!!!!

You can just post a link after you're done with your card. You don't have to let us know ahead of time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #11  

Waving back to you, since you're on you can give me some A samples? I'm thinking, apples, aprons, ants, anger, this is going to be fun.

Hi, Jamie, this is cool, we're both in a fantastic swap, with a great hostess.

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Waving back to you, since you're on you can give me some A samples? I'm thinking, apples, aprons, ants, anger, this is going to be fun.

Hi, Jamie, this is cool, we're both in a fantastic swap, with a great hostess.

Joan
Those are excellent examples. I was going to say aprons, airplane(s), air, .... aardvark, oooohh animal!

This is a challenge though, not a swap.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #13  

Ah, I love the word animal.

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #14  

Jamie,
I was testing, hoping you would realize that this is a challenge.
Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Hi Jamie,

Great card you made! I never would have thought anyone would have an artichoke stamp!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Joan,

Nice to see you here! We are in quite a few swaps together. I just started doing Dani's challenges about 2 months ago. I think they are a lot of fun! I hate to miss one now. It is fun chatting with everyone here and seeing what they create!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Joan. The only rule is that once you make your card you have to post it BEFORE the letter changes next Wednesday for you to be in the draw. For all those who are going to send their card, the draw is made and they are the Happy Mail Addressee. Yes we chat...I may run amuck...rarely..and we like to give comments on each other's card.

Welcome aboard!!! Now I gotta go find something with an A. OH. The letter cannot be the first letter in the colour of the paper you use. As in a blue card,,,but a boy, brad, bracket..would all be allowable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Send a message via Skype™ to laurenscraft

Ha, I found you!!

I don't know if Dani will let me join in here with you Miss Lynn and Joan is here too.... I tend to be a bit naughty when those two are around;)

Hmmm what do I know about A..... oh I have a stamp called Ami.... some animals.... no apples, no artichokes, no aprons, no avocado, no aeroplanes, no aardvarks, no albatrosses, no ants, maybe some asters, no anger, no Aboriginal, maybe an alphabet, no abolutionist, no acacia, maybe adolescent...... good one that one!! Maybe an adult, maybe ahoy there!! Tee Hee.... No Aladdin, maybe an album, no alien, no alligator, maybe Alps, no altar, yes yes anchor!!!! no angle, no angel, an angler???? an antelope, no anvil, hahaha, an aperitif, no aphis, no apricot, no arachnid, no artist, no ***, maybe an ash tree, maybe an Asian Lady, oooh oooh an asp, an automobile, maybe Azalea.......

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 06:02 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow!!! Welcome Joan and Lauren. First let me say, I definately have to go buy more leashes. hehe Second, I am so glad the two of you are joining us. How awesome!!!

Lauren, were you reading the dictionary?? Wow, I would have never thought of half of those A words. Awesome job!!! "A"wesome hehe...
Joan, Cricket and FM are correct, you do not have to tell us ahead of time. You can post your item when you post your card. It's not mandatory to post you card, however, to be in the drawing you have to post it.

Just to give you both a heads up, the girls here like to run amuck so I tend to put them on leashes. Lately, I've had to send them to the corner. FM got in trouble there too. She colored on the wall. I have a very short leash for her. hehe We do have a lot of laughs in here.

Montana, it's good to see you. Congrats on winning the "U" cards. I can't wait to see what you come up with for "A".

FM, I'm glad to hear you are getting some sleep. Even if it is weird hours. Now make sure you do not corrupt our new players.

Cricket, I'm with Montana, I would have never thought of an artichoke as a stamp. lol Great card!!!

Well ladies, today is going to be a long day. I have to clean my stamping room. It looks like a stamp store ran thru my room just throwing stuff around. Then, I have to mess up my stamp room again. Swaps ya know. lol...Then hubby will be home sometime this afternoon. Yay!!! He leaves again Sunday. Okay I have to share a story with you. It might be a little lengthy, sorry. My best friend's dad was cutting limbs off a tree in his front yard. The saw kicked back and knocked him off the ladder. He broke his wrist. They have to do surgery however he keeps getting blisters caused from the fracture (I've never heard of that before) so they haven't been able to do the surgery. Well he is supposed to have it done today. Last night, that very tree ended up being uprooted and fell on his house. How wierd is that? I would be so mad. Not only at the tree falling on my house but the fact that he hurt himself cutting the limbs off of it. And then it falls. uggggg Ok so it wasn't that lengthy. lol Okay well I am off to check out other threads. I hope everyone has a great day!!! Joan and Lauren, I am so glad you came and joined us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Jamie,
I was testing, hoping you would realize that this is a challenge.
Joan
Haha... oh Miss Joan! You crack me up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmontanaView Post
Hi Jamie,

Great card you made! I never would have thought anyone would have an artichoke stamp!
I know! I love this SU - Homegrown set though! My brother still lives in Iowa and always puts in a HUGE garden (like our dad did) so I got it to make them a set of cards. It goes great with the SU Always Artichoke cardstock!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone,

It sure will be fun if we have more new people joining. I am working on my card for"A", but I have to go out for awhile. I also am finishing up my card for the Musical challenge and cards for my Bird card swap. It Is another rainy, gray, day here--temp 49 degrees!:( there is supposed to be more flooding today. I hope it doesn't affect too many people.

It would be great to stay in all day and stamp and read, etc., but I must go out for a few errands. I will be back later.

Last edited by stampmontana; 06-13-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

Hello Everyone, what a great welcome Dani, thank you!!!

I will behave today but I cannot promise for tomorrow or the weekend!!;)

Yes I was reading the dictionary, I am not that smart by myself!!

You story of the tree getting its own back ........... it obviously did not like getting cut up...... ;)

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #24  
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Default Your card chokes up!

Quote:

Very neat card. Is the Backgound done with wax paper resist?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #25  
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Hi Dani... I'm just a few miles away in Wausau. I'm going to try to play along. I'll be back later to let you know what kind of mess I'm in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #26  
Watercolor Wizard

OOHHH this is fun, I love meeting new people!!!

Hi Marilyn!!!

Hi Jamie.... welcome to the muckeruperers!!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

OOKK!!! UUUGGGHHH I figured out I could make an acorn card....makes sense right...the only stamp in the set I CAN"T find is the acorn.... not yet deterred...Apron...that will work...but my 1/2 price stamp will only print half the image.....running away to run thoroughly amuck!!! BBL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #28  

Good evening, first chance to check in. My electricity just came on an hour ago, we lost it due to the heavy rains and the streets and retention ponds are flooded. I just turned the TV on and discoveredf we're expecting more rain tonight. I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoyed their day.

Now, let me tell certain people, I will not mention any names. You should be glad I had no ELECTRICITY and Ive been working hard, diligently, hard, diligently, mopping, mopping, and I'm tired of water. You just wait, I'm too tired, but oh, I will be back in rare form. Quiet and demure.

Joan

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Joan...Joan...uuummm you are sounding a triffle miffed at the situation...which you have every right to be...give yourself another day before you go quiet and demure again. Besdies Lauren is in a nana nap and it's time to wake her up!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaporteView Post
Very neat card. Is the Backgound done with wax paper resist?
Yes! It's my new favorite technique! It was so so fun to do.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #31  

Cricket,
Did you use copics or pencils to color your articholke. Great job.

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #32  
Watercolor Wizard

Dani, I did it, I made a card in quick smart time!!!

A is for Angel in Training

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Good evening, first chance to check in. My electricity just came on an hour ago, we lost it due to the heavy rains and the streets and retention ponds are flooded. I just turned the TV on and discoveredf we're expecting more rain tonight. I hope everyone is doing okay and enjoyed their day.

Now, let me tell certain people, I will not mention any names. You should be glad I had no ELECTRICITY and Ive been working hard, diligently, hard, diligently, mopping, mopping, and I'm tired of water. You just wait, I'm too tired, but oh, I will be back in rare form. Quiet and demure.

Joan

Joan

Is this a fact????

And who are certain people???

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

I did finish my card today, but I just finally took the photo.

I guess I will post it here before I go to bed. I think I need to sleep so I don't sleep in too late tomorrow, but I am really not that tired yet.

Anyway here is my card--

A is for Automobile by stampmontana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are definitely no angel in training!!!!! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraftView Post
Dani, I did it, I made a card in quick smart time!!!

A is for Angel in Training
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #36  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMcrafterView Post
You are definitely no angel in training!!!!! LOL
Maybe not, but I do have a halo!!! Cracked and broken, but I still have it!!!

My Blog and My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Cricket,
Did you use copics or pencils to color your articholke. Great job.

Joan
I used the Crayon Resist Technique and then used sponges. I love how it turned out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK..I'll concede!! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurenscraftView Post
Maybe not, but I do have a halo!!! Cracked and broken, but I still have it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #39  

Good afternoon,
Its been an early morning, mopping and making sure my basement is completely dry. We are expecting heavy rains again today, so I will be around in the neighborhood. I'm going to get my DD's tire. So, I will see everyone later.

Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #40  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies. I want to start out by saying "WOW way to keep the chatter up. Then I would like to add Lauren, as far as I can see you are an angel. So shine that halo up girl. Next let me say, HELLO MARILYN AND WELCOME!!!!!! You are right, you are not too far from me. Maybe one day we can get together and stamp. Oooh a stamping friend. I don't have one of those around here. Good thing I have SCS friends. Wheeew!!! I look forward to seeing your creation. And good luck on the drawing. Ladies, we sure are getting great looking cards for the beginning of rnd 2. Great way to start. Joan, I sure hope you don't suffer any water damage. You are in my prayers. As for FM, Cricket, Montana, I'm glad to see y'all haven't corrupted out new friends. Keep up the good behavior and maybe just maybe I will put the leashes away for awhile. Well ladies, I just wanted to stop in while dh is doing his paperwork. I will be back on either later tonight or tomorrow when I come to post the new Musical Challenge. Y'all have a great day!!!! Hugggs I sure hope I didn't miss anyone in my greetings. If I did, please bring it too my attention so I can beg forgiveness.

Reply With Quote Likes