Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT150 ~ A HORSE IS A HORSE, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #150

A HORSE IS A HORSE, OF COURSE, OF COURSE.
BUT NOW AND THEN, A HORSE IS THE SOURCE.

THE SOURCE OF A FLOWER, OF COURSE, OF COURSE.
PICKED BY A HORSE, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. This teapot is the coolest! Reminds me of growing up and hanging with my dad out in the barn! It also reminds me of wanting to go riding and watching the horse I was suppose to catch gallop off and get all frisky! You wanna ride me? First ya gotta catch me! Snort! But, the good news is, eventually they get old enough that they just stand and wait for you to bridle them up and a long leisurely ride is just fine especially if it means stopping alongside the trail for a couple of nice green clumps of grass! Yup, its all good!

2. Here's the scoop, Coop! Coop (short for Cool Hand Cooper) is the right hand man of Smelly Ellie (short for Ellie Mae Kelly) (yes, the one with the big belly!) Ellie grew up on the ranch. Her heart is with her horses and not so much with the bath tub! She also loves her ranch hands and she has a thing for Ho Ho's! She can't help it that 42,000 Ho Ho's fit perfectly in her saddle bags! She gets hot and tired on the trail and they sorta keep her going. You think, what's wrong with a 5 hour energy drink? A Ho Ho in tow is so much mo!! Besides, her big ole belly helps keep her balanced up in the saddle, on her horse, so she can stay on course! But that is not what this story is about! It's about Ed. Yup, Ed! A horse in the shed!

That's Ed, she said! That's Ed in the shed! He's a horse of such stature but in there he can't catch her! The mare of his dreams, he'll never know her it seems! Unless a scheme is carried out by a most capable team! Ellie sent out the word to that wonderful herd. They're wild and free, just what Ed wants to be! And that mare, oh that mare! It's really not fair! Ed's stuck in that shed! Oh Ed! Oh Ed!

3. They answered her call, a little wild for us all but they have come all this way, to free Ed on this day! And now for the scheme to fulfill this sweet dream. Follow me, follow me, those of you on my team! She opened the gate forever changing Ed's fate! He took off with a start, oh the beating of his heart! That mare, that mare, with the long flowing hair! The herd led the way knowing Ellie would stay! But as Ed was galloping off, jumping over the trough, he thought of his Ellie (yes, the one with the big belly!) How can he just leave while she wipes tears on her sleeve? Follow me, follow me, he put out the word! Follow me, follow me, those of you in this herd! Grab a flower from the bed, yank it up with your head! Take it to Ellie, (yes, the one with the big belly!) Gallop on by, and don't slow down, just gently drop it, there on the ground! Drop 'em in a pile, then watch her smile! His final goodbye made Ellie just cry but but she raised up her head and smiled big at her Ed!

A horse is a horse of course, of course.
But now and then, a horse is the source!

The source of a flower of course, of course.
Picked by a horse, of course, of course!

4. Bring horses! I heard this herd is looking to recruit! And bring a flower with your horse because the mares in the herd were so touched by Ed's final goodbye to Ellie (yes, the one with the big belly) that they are demanding some flowers of their own. Including Ed's mare with the long flowing hair!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Bring cards using horse images and try real hard to put a flower on your card! If you don't have any horse images, that's okay.....bring a......let's see......bring a... a......a bicycle! Yah, a bicycle and if you don't have that, bring a nurse! Now I know what you are thinking, what does a horse, a bicycle and a nurse have in common? Well, you will have to read the Destination Station to get the answer to that! If you still don't have those three images, then just bring countryside.....something fit for a horse, of course! If you do you have to come in the back of the shed where Ed once said, Oh that Mare, that Mare, with the long flowing hair!

DESTINATION STATION:
This week's destination is Orangeville, California. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Jessica, the daughter of fellow teapotter Cathy (Mutnik) who was seriously injured in a fall while riding her horse this week. Cathy (Mutnik) is the sister of fellow teapotter Connie (Connie Jo9). Jessica fractured her skull in the back of her head, fractured her right temple and has two fractures on each side of her spine by her pelvis. She was riding her beloved Max. The minute I heard the news, having grown up around horses, I thought Max must have been spooked by something or some freak thing happened because horses just don't set out to hurt someone unless they have been trained to do that and that is not Max's story.

For updated information, the address to mail your card and an update on Jessica's condition, please visit Post #231 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #150 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT150 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT150 ~ A HORSE IS A HORSE, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!-jessicas-teapot-.jpg   MMTPT150 ~ A HORSE IS A HORSE, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-20-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sandi S - 6/18
Sumtoy - 6/21
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Here my card for Jessica. I had no horse of course! But her flowers will be delivered on a scooter tomorrow!
Thank you!
sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi everyone!

I am linking Bonnie's card here because she had to upload early. She is having another difficult migraine and needed to get to bed and take it easy. I am linking here for her. Here is her cute card!

Bonnie's Card aka Raduse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

A portrait of Ed or maybe it's Max!
MMTPT150 Portrait of Ed by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Cindy, of all the many stamps that I have...not one horse! I do have ONE bicycle and this is it! It's a rescue bike complete with first aid kits and flowers. Hope it will bring some cheer to Jessica and Cathy. They are in my thoughts and prayers as is her whole family(including Connie Jo). I also appreciate all the updates you have emailed. Thank you.

FIRST AID BICYCLE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  
101 Airborne

I'm keeping Jessica, Cathy and Connie Jo (and the rest of the family) in my prayers. Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #8  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made it on time so I brought extra cookies and some carrots for the horses.

MMTPT150, A Horse of Course by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Great challenge & destination! I sure hope this helps cheer up Jessica and speeds up her recovery, I can't image how scary this must be for Cathy and her family!
Here's my card:

Charlie's get well wishes!

Another view!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Here's my card for Jessica. I'll have to come back throughout the week to comment. My apologies for being behind in commenting. Have been having on-going computer issues (I think they're resolved now . . . knock on my fancy wood paper!) but just can't seem to get caught up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

I went for the nurse. I drew a horse but it just wasn't a very fun horse or card for that matter. The nurse is really cute and I just hope Jessica is like my daughter - when she's down she likes to be treated like a kid. My husband thinks this card is way juvenile but I think it's cute, besides 25 is still a kid. To get the full impact of the sentiment you have to read this card front and then in the next post, the inside. Here is the front "Feeling Yucky"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is the inside of "Feeling Yucky"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

I don't have any horse stamps, so I found this old feed bucket laying around and filled it with tulips for Jessica. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Here's my card

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Here's my horse card for Jessica - I tried to color it like beautiful Max MMTPT150 Horsin' Around With You! CC327 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh dang, I don't have a horse or a bike! I was so sad to hear this news, I am just going to make a card and send it anyway, I feel so bad!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #16  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine

BORN FREE

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Horses, smorshes....

Wow, the world must be ending because Yabbadodo and I both made it on the first day instead of the next week!!!!

Here and here is my card for Jessica.

Cathy and Connie Jo you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #18  

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta have a nurse for Jessica...don't want her in the horsepital! MY CARD

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #19  

Here's my card for Jessica - a silhouette seemed the safest bet - I have absolutely no experience with horses - don't even trust myself to be able to color one! My card

Last edited by bfinlay; 06-14-2011 at 03:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #20  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's my card for Jessica. Horses and flowers was a bit daunting, but I figured it out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 02:55 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been wanting to use this sticker! Here's mine MMTPT150 Get well wishes for Jessica by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card.

Honey "B"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

MMTPT - Careful on this horse! by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I cannot imagine how traumatic this situation is for Cathy and Jessica and family. I hope our cards will cheer and encourage all of you.

I see someone else has computer issues. We are on the fringe of the Verizon service area - our modem works part of the time - I hope I can check out the gallery and to some commenting.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #24  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad to know I'm not the only horse-less stamper around here. I did find a horse charm to fit the theme, however. Here's my Card. My thoughts are with your family Mutnik.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my horse and flowers for Jewsica

MMTPT150 Horse for Jessica by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT150 New Boots for Ellie by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card for Jessica. Praying for her complete recovery !!!

Taking Brenda to lunch today............she's feeling so much stronger since her chemo is over that she's up to lunch in Waynesville at Cobblestone Cafe and a couple of side trips to the Secret Garden and Grandma's Garden to buy plants and maybe a garden fairy or two !!
Will comment later today !! Happy Tuesday everyone !

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card for Jessica: A Horse and a flower... by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

It's your fault I'll be singing the "Mr. Ed" theme song all day. Thanks a bunch, you crazy lady!! Here's my card going off to Jessica today:CC327, MMTPT150 Horses for Jessica by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 244 Likes on 184 Posts
Smile MMTPT150 A Meadow and 3 bikes by Crafty Julia

I decided to create a nice meadow for the horses to graze in with lots of friendly animals, and bikes in 3 different sizes so everyone gets the right one. My flower changed to a butterfly in my meadow Enjoy! Here's my card:
MMTPT150 Meadow and 3 bikes by Crafty Julia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Lovely Lucille by julsanne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This is my card for Jessica. I thought I'd bring a funny this week as they do say laughter is the best medicine. Here's to hoping this brings a smile to Jessica's face. All my best to her for a speedy recovery.
{{HUGS}
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #31  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Hi Ladies,
I will try to comment later on all your wonderful cards. My dear friend Suz hurt herself and I have to go help her out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Here's my Back in the Saddle
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #33  

Well Teapotters...I've finally done one of the Teapot Challenges. Took me long enough didn't it???

Here's my For Jessica.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I went with flowers instead of horses for the challenge:
MMTPT150 Window Card by sleepyinseattle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Joanne

www.sleepyinseattle.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #35  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks, Cindy!

On a Bed of Roses (MMTPT150) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Hang in there partner

I know i is a bit late, but I did bring some "wagon wheels" for treats, gotta love marshmallow and chocolate...so can I still come in front gate...:0)..here is my card...MMTPT150, CC327, " Hang in there" by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers for another great week Cindy you rock and ride....I mean roll...:0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #37  

I used the color combination for this card. I hope that Jessica likes it...
MMTPT150, CC327 Horse Play by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my card for the challenge: Silhouette Horse
My prayers go out to Mutnik and her daughter as Jessica recovers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's mine for Jessica: MMTPT150 For Jessica and Max by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
This Mo's image reminded me so much of one of the photos Cathy shared of Jessica and Max, I had to use it!
Keeping Jessica and Cathy and the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

This gave me a chance to ink up this Heartfelt Creations horse, here's my card: Wild Horse by DJRants - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes