View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #71
whitebat
Rubber Obsessor

This reminds me of the controversy about sewing patterns. "Obviously" they intend you to make the garment depicted in the pattern (maybe several of them). I'm sure it is the intellectual property of the designer too. But I have read magazine articles (presumably well-researched) suggesting that if you are making clothing to sell, you must buy another pattern for each item made, or get into a licensing agreement with the designer.

I would never have thought of swapping uncolored, stamped images. I usually stamp directly on my project rather than using layers, so it wouldn't work for me anyway. I can see that a swap of uncolored stamped images violates the designers intellectual property rights.

It is problematic that verifying the licensing agreement on a particular stamp is so difficult. I have many stamps from unknown companies. There isn't any way to determine the company that I know of. Has anyone had custom stamps made expressly for them of images, not words? This would certainly avoid the problem, as you would be the designer and own the copyright too (assuming it is your original image). I know the cost of having custom stamps made would be a lot higher.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!