View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #60
AGMommyof2
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Yes, "common sense" has to apply...so does a sense of responsibility and respect for the stamping companies. If one took a look at the Swap SCS board there are over three million posts to the topic....if everyone swapped instead of buying...this is what the stamping companies are talking about...the swapping groups, not the occasional one...the lost to them can become staggering.
Have you actually looked at the threads in the Swap Board ~ if you have, then you know that Images are but a very small subsection (having only 5 pages ~ 126,649 posts TOTAL) & of those there aren't that many (about 13 to be exact) that are active & if you look closer ~ you'd see quite a few posts that are 'bump' or just general 'Hi There ~ How are you doing?' Posts. Not just that, but if you look at the 'rules' of some of the image swaps ~ you'd see that granting a wish involves ~ 8 QUARTER SHEETS per wish!!!

Let's see ~ Card swapping has 1,101,562 posts & the most is for Everything Else with 1,258,074. Now Everything Else includes the people who are wanting to get rid of their actual stamps ~ which is 'not' considered 'bad' or harmful to the stamp companies...

Just as it's been repeatedly said by others in this thread~ not all information on the internet can be trusted or should be taken as 'gospel' (no matter who it comes from)... Check it out for yourself...

And I'm pretty sure I can speak for at least 75% of the members of SCS ~ no one wants to see any stamp company go out of business. Yes, images are nice ~ but nothing gives you the freedom that the actual stamp does for various techniques.

It seems 'common sense' that someone who has gotten images from someone across the country would be more likely to buy the stamp versus someone who can borrow the stamp anytime they want from a friend or family member.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!