View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #53
nottoocreative
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan B View Post
One day I decided to write an article about copyright and papercrafting and solicited questions. I got a lot. All good ones.

And I started my research, even talking with an intellectual property lawyer. (She looked at me like I was nuts with questions like "can a paper manufacturer bar me from selling a card made with the paper?" I think her answer was "Oh you make cards?" LOL

Her point was that 99% of my questions weren't worth the $$ for a stamper to find out. In areas where the law is not specific, everyone acts in good or bad faith and if your rights are trampled, you send a letter telling the person to stop and/or go to Court.

Well, there are few of us who are actually going to do that or have a suit filed against us. So the rest is internet chatter. And, as Mo said earlier, a lot of internet chatter is just plain wrong.

I act on the "do unto others" rule and if I'm doing something illegal I'm sorry!! Lord knows I'm not making a dime on what I'm doing!!
I think that's part of what Tabberone's site complains about--the laws are NOT clear, and yet some big company goes after a mom & pop ebay seller, who clearly cannot afford to hire a lawyer to defend themselves. So, even though they put disclaimers on their site ("this is not official John Deere merchandise," for example) and believe they are following the law, they have to go out of business...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!