View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:26 AM   #51
Joan B
Stazon Splitcoast

One day I decided to write an article about copyright and papercrafting and solicited questions. I got a lot. All good ones.

And I started my research, even talking with an intellectual property lawyer. (She looked at me like I was nuts with questions like "can a paper manufacturer bar me from selling a card made with the paper?" I think her answer was "Oh you make cards?" LOL

Her point was that 99% of my questions weren't worth the $$ for a stamper to find out. In areas where the law is not specific, everyone acts in good or bad faith and if your rights are trampled, you send a letter telling the person to stop and/or go to Court.

Well, there are few of us who are actually going to do that or have a suit filed against us. So the rest is internet chatter. And, as Mo said earlier, a lot of internet chatter is just plain wrong.

I act on the "do unto others" rule and if I'm doing something illegal I'm sorry!! Lord knows I'm not making a dime on what I'm doing!!