Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #1  
mai
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Colorbox chalk inks and PTI colors

Does anyone know what colors of Colorbox fluid chalk inks match Papertrey Ink cardstock colors? Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inquiring minds want to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #3  
mai
Embossing Fanatic

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH wow...I dont know....but I do have the entire line of the Chalk Inks in the large pads and cats eyes..they are very nice to work with.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Personal PTI colors & chalk ink charts

Here's my personal chart and list of the PTI colors and inks I own - not a complete list of either and it's nothing fancy. The inks don't match however they 'go with' - in most cases. Some aren't that great but it's what works with what I've got. I do have a few PTI cubes but they don't match either, lol! (I haven't done the spoon thing yet. I just want to open an ink and use it, not have to fuss with it, kwim?)

The ink spots on the left of the swatches are VersaMagic Chalk Dewdrops, the ones on the right are ColorBox Chalk Inks, (either Petal Points or catseyes) and the ones on the top are Brilliance or ColorBox Pigment Inks. All were stamped on PTI white cs.

Here's the list that goes with the chart:

VM = VersaMagic Chalk Ink CB = ColorBox Chalk Ink
(shown on left) (shown on right)

BR = Brilliance Pigment Ink CBP= ColorBox Pigment Ink (catseye)
(shown on top) (shown on top)

Aqua Mist Aquatic Splash VM

Spring Moss Tea Leaves VM, Lime Pastel CB

Sweet Blush Pixie Dust VM, Rose Coral CB

Berry Sorbet Pink Grapefruit VM

Lemon Tart Thatched Straw VM, Yellow Cadmium CB

Summer Sunrise Yellow Ochre CB, Amber Clay CB

Kraft Creamy Brown CB

Lavender Moon Pink Petunia VM, Pink Pastel CB

Plum Pudding Wisteria CB, Crimson BR

Dark Chocolate Jumbo Java VM, Dark Chocolate CB

Pure Poppy Red Magic VM, Lipstick Red CB, Crimson BR

Ripe Avacado Spanish Olive VM, Olive Pastel CB

Ocean Tides Oasis Green VM

Spring Rain Ice Blue CB, French Blue CB

Raspberry Fizz Warm Violet CB, Raspberry CBP

Melon Berry Blush Rose CB

New Leaf Tea Leaves VM, Thyme BR

Hibiscus Burst Rouge CB

Scarlet Jewel Maroon CB

Enchanted Evening Ocean Depth VM, Blue Iris CB

Orange Zest Tangerine CB

Hawaiian Shores Turquoise Gem VM

HTH!
Attached Thumbnails
Colorbox chalk inks and PTI colors-pti-inks001.jpg  

Last edited by stampintoo; 04-07-2010 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #6  
mai
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintooView Post
Here's my personal chart and list of the PTI colors and inks I own - not a complete list of either and it's nothing fancy. The inks don't match however they 'go with' - in most cases. Some aren't that great but it's what works with what I've got. I do have a few PTI cubes but they don't match either, lol! (I haven't done the spoon thing yet. I just want to open an ink and use it, not have to fuss with it, kwim?)

The ink spots on the left of the swatches are VersaMagic Chalk Dewdrops, the ones on the right are ColorBox Chalk Inks, (either Petal Points or catseyes) and the ones on the top are Brilliance or ColorBox Pigment Inks. All were stamped on PTI white cs.

Here's the list that goes with the chart:

VM = VersaMagic Chalk Ink CB = ColorBox Chalk Ink
(shown on left) (shown on right)

BR = Brilliance Pigment Ink CBP= ColorBox Pigment Ink (catseye)
(shown on top) (shown on top)

Aqua Mist Aquatic Splash VM

Spring Moss Tea Leaves VM, Lime Pastel CB

Sweet Blush Pixie Dust VM, Rose Coral CB

Berry Sorbet Pink Grapefruit VM

Lemon Tart Thatched Straw VM, Yellow Cadmium CB

Summer Sunrise Yellow Ochre CB, Amber Clay CB

Kraft Creamy Brown CB

Lavender Moon Pink Petunia VM, Pink Pastel CB

Plum Pudding Wisteria CB, Crimson BR

Dark Chocolate Jumbo Java VM, Dark Chocolate CB

Pure Poppy Red Magic VM, Lipstick Red CB, Crimson BR

Ripe Avacado Spanish Olive VM, Olive Pastel CB

Ocean Tides Oasis Green VM

Spring Rain Ice Blue CB, French Blue CB

Raspberry Fizz Warm Violet CB, Raspberry CBP

Melon Berry Blush Rose CB

New Leaf Tea Leaves VM, Thyme BR

Hibiscus Burst Rouge CB

Scarlet Jewel Maroon CB

Enchanted Evening Ocean Depth VM, Blue Iris CB

Orange Zest Tangerine CB

Hawaiian Shores Turquoise Gem VM

HTH!
Thank you so much April. Your chart is fabulous and exactly what I was hoping for. You've saved me so much time and effort trying to track this down. Can you tell I am excited about your info?

Any comments your experience with how the PTI, colorbox, brilliance, and versamagic perform on clear stamps? I had heard similar comments about having to smoosh the PTI pads to get better color matching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You're welcome, glad it helps. :-) I like all the inks except the PTI ink. I have a hard time getting a clean, clear image but many people seem to have success with their images so it's probably just me. I've tried both the old and new formulas and they both look splotchy. But as I said, I've not messed with the ink so maybe if I did the spoon thing it'd be better. But that's a hassle so I just reach for the chalk inks. I love PTI but sure wish they'd switch inks.

For clear stamps, I use a foam mat under the paper and prep solid ones with an eraser. The quality of the clear stamps matter.

I love chalk ink for both clear and rubber stamps because it's easy to get a good, clear, colorful image and it dries almost immediately. Chalk has a matte finish and a softer look than dye or pigment ink. I prefer using Dewdrops and catseyes because it's easier to use more than one color on a stamp, it's easier to get into small places, and they're less expensive. Here's an example of a card using VersaMagic chalk ink on an October Afternoon clear stamp: Love You 'Til I Croak by stampintoo at Splitcoaststampers

When I want a brighter look, I use pigment ink - it takes longer to dry though. Sometimes I'll heat set it. Coverage on clear stamps is as good as the chalks. I use ColorBox cranberry with PTI's pure poppy because it's a deeper color than my two chalk ink reds. The pearlesent Brilliance inks have a subtle shine that I like. Don't know if you can see the shine in this pic, but I used Brilliance for the flowers and chalk for the sentiment, it's a PTI clear stamp set. Cased it from Nichole's blog.

HTH, have fun using your clear stamps!
Attached Thumbnails
Colorbox chalk inks and PTI colors-friend-jill-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintooView Post
You're welcome, glad it helps. :-) I like all the inks except the PTI ink. I have a hard time getting a clean, clear image but many people seem to have success with their images so it's probably just me. I've tried both the old and new formulas and they both look splotchy. But as I said, I've not messed with the ink so maybe if I did the spoon thing it'd be better. But that's a hassle so I just reach for the chalk inks. I love PTI but sure wish they'd switch inks.

For clear stamps, I use a foam mat under the paper and prep solid ones with an eraser. The quality of the clear stamps matter.

I love chalk ink for both clear and rubber stamps because it's easy to get a good, clear, colorful image and it dries almost immediately. Chalk has a matte finish and a softer look than dye or pigment ink. I prefer using Dewdrops and catseyes because it's easier to use more than one color on a stamp, it's easier to get into small places, and they're less expensive. Here's an example of a card using VersaMagic chalk ink on an October Afternoon clear stamp: Love You 'Til I Croak by stampintoo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

When I want a brighter look, I use pigment ink - it takes longer to dry though. Sometimes I'll heat set it. Coverage on clear stamps is as good as the chalks. I use ColorBox cranberry with PTI's pure poppy because it's a deeper color than my two chalk ink reds. The pearlesent Brilliance inks have a subtle shine that I like. Don't know if you can see the shine in this pic, but I used Brilliance for the flowers and chalk for the sentiment, it's a PTI clear stamp set. Cased it from Nichole's blog.

HTH, have fun using your clear stamps!
If you like the chalk ink, you should check out the new ink by amuse, it really is awesome.

Thanks for the color chart, I have all the inks but haven't ever thought about doing a chart like yours! TFS!
a�muse|studio consultant #1022
www.amusestudiostamps.com
Reply With Quote Likes