View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT146 ~ I CAN'T GET THE TWANG! THIS MUSIC'S TOO SLOW!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #146

I CAN'T GET THIS TWANG! THIS MUSIC'S WAY TOO SLOW!
I LIKE WHAT YOU SANG! LET THE BEACH STEAL THE SHOW!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. So, does this little teapot look good to you? Don't ya wanna have some tea at the beach, run your toes through the sand, do some basking in the sun? Once we all get over the giggles resulting from watching 42,000 teapotters trying to successfully land in hammocks stretched between two palm trees, its time to relax, enjoy, and order up some iced tea!! Okay, are we are all in? Yup! Don't nobody make any sudden moves or sneeze or sumthin! It doesn't take much to flip these hammock thingies! Ha!

Well, you all must know by now that there is always work to do before we can just have our tea! This week's dilema all started at the Country Music Awards! Prior to the actual awards ceremony, something totally unplanned happened! A bunch of Country Music Legend's grandkids just happened to end up in a back stage dressing room comparing notes about how they have followed in the shoes of their late grandparents! Do you know how utterly embarrassing it is to be the grandchild of a great Country Music Legend and not have muscial bone in your body?

2. Meet Huck Owens and Skinny Pearl! I don't think I have to tell you who their grandparents were! These two have been buddies for quite sometime and have always felt comfortable with each other! After their embarrassment in that back stage dressing room, they made a pact! They are determined to make it big in the Country Music Scene! It might not be ON stage, but they will UP stage all those over confident country star grandkids bragging about their successful careers singing Country! Now for the hard part, how they gonna do that? As they were sitting through the awards, they both were amazed at the Rock n' Roll Stars crossing over into Country! Whut's up with that? Light Bulb! That's it! We could start a school! Teach Rock stars how to cross-over! Charge huge, big, gargantuous amounts of money to enroll. How hard can it be? We will be like Simon! Strike it rich by creating new Country Stars, maybe even get some royalties!!

3. Not only do Huck and Skinny have absolutely no idea how to sing Country music, they also have absolutely no idea how to teach a rock star to cross over into country! Well, duh! That's not so hard! All you need is a little inspiration! All you need is a beach! That's right, a beach! Hey, it works for Kenny Chesney, look how successful he is! Can't ya just see it? "Huck and Skinny's School for Country Cross-Overs!"

I can't get this twang! This music's way too slow!
I like what you sang! Let the beach steal the show!

4. Okay, so we need a beach for inspiration! No big deal! Bring sandy shorelines, sailboats, seagulls and seashells! Bring palm trees, coconuts, lounge chairs and hammocks. Bring beach towels, sun block, sun glasses and floppy hats! Bring lobsters and crab, and little umbrella drinks. Bring soft flowing breezes (please hold all the sneezes!) Bring a spectacular sunset or an early morning sunrise! Bring sand between your toes! Anything beachy goes! Let's turn this school into a beach! Then Huck and Skinny can teach! Ooh, except one more thing, you might wanna bring a quitar or two just in case the airline looses the luggage and the guitars don't get to the beach! Hey, it could happen!

Want extra cookies? Somebody needs to bring a one piece swimsuit! Skinny is so skinny her two piece keeps sliding down to meet the sand and things could get out of hand!

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Pretty simple this week! Bring anything you would find on a beach! Second option is to bring is guitars and musical notes.

DESTINATION STATION:
This week's destination is Levvitown, PA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Anthony. Anthony is the son of Joanne, a friend of fellow teapotter, Sue (irishgreensue) Anthony is recovering from a most serious accident. He was hit by a truck one night while walking outside the mall with his friends upon leaving a music store. His injuries were severe and extensive after having been thrown 56 feet. He has a very, very long road of recovery in front of him. Anthony is very very fortunate to be alive!

Please visit Post #226 in the Destination Station Thread for more information including the address to mail your card to. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is one awesome card that Sue (Irishgreensue) made for Anthony. And here is her second card!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #146 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT146 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
mail.jpg   badge_for_teapot_tuesday-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-26-2011 at 02:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!