Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Digital paper printing question

I am wondering for those of you who use digital papers what paper do you print on? I have used regular card stock and this is expensive and much to heavy for many layers, do any of you use a lighter weight and if so what ones? Thanks for your input!

It's in the Cards! My Blog

Pinterest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #2  
KBM
Rubber Obsessor

I have heard that Wausau Exact Index is very cost effective.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBMView Post
I have heard that Wausau Exact Index is very cost effective.
The Wausau is a nice paper for stamping on or as a base, but I wouldn't use it to print digital papers even though it is very inexpensive. The prints don't come out very vibrant and it is a 110# cardstock, so your card will get a little heavy. What I usually use is either matte finish brochure paper (Staples Brand - about 45#) or matte finish presentation paper (Epson brand - 27#). The prints are nice and vivid and have a good weight, but not too heavy. They have the same coating as matte finish photo paper so the prints are "picture perfect".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you so much for these inputs the lighter weight was what I was hoping for due to weight in sending with so many layers. Thanks again!

Pinterest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

If I wanted to print it on the base of my card will I get a good print out of the Georgia Pacific card stock from WM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabby66View Post
If I wanted to print it on the base of my card will I get a good print out of the Georgia Pacific card stock from WM?
I've personally never got a print that I liked using just plain cardstock. The colours always seemed dull or muted when printed on cardstock - at least to me they do. That's why I always use either matte photo paper, brochure paper, or presentation paper. I always get great results with these types of papers. It may work if you're using really bright vibrant colours and I suppose it would depend on the ink in your printer too. I use a Canon and it hasn't worked so well on cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I've personally never got a print that I liked using just plain cardstock. The colours always seemed dull or muted when printed on cardstock - at least to me they do. That's why I always use either matte photo paper, brochure paper, or presentation paper. I always get great results with these types of papers. It may work if you're using really bright vibrant colours and I suppose it would depend on the ink in your printer too. I use a Canon and it hasn't worked so well on cardstock.

I've only tried it a couple of times and never on the GP paper I've seen mentioned but I've never got a good color either probably because I always tried it on card stock. Are any of the papers you've mentioned heavy enough to use as the card base?

I'm new to card making just in case you can't tell.. ;) I packed up my scrapbooking stuff up about 8yrs ago prior to moving across the country and I am just now getting it all back out and have decided to make cards and learn to stamp. Everything is so different now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I've only tried it a couple of times and never on the GP paper I've seen mentioned but I've never got a good color either probably because I always tried it on card stock. Are any of the papers you've mentioned heavy enough to use as the card base?

I'm new to card making just in case you can't tell.. ;) I packed up my scrapbooking stuff up about 8yrs ago prior to moving across the country and I am just now getting it all back out and have decided to make cards and learn to stamp. Everything is so different now!
The photo paper would probably be heavy enough for a card base, but I never use patterned card stock for my bases. I usually use the plain white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110# - its similar to the GP) for my card base and then add layers to the front of that. This way I don't have to worry and anyone would be able to write a message on the inside of the card (I give away a lot of cards for the Cdn soldiers, nursing homes, etc etc and I leave my insides blank most of the time).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
The photo paper would probably be heavy enough for a card base, but I never use patterned card stock for my bases. I usually use the plain white cardstock (Wausau Exact Index 110# - its similar to the GP) for my card base and then add layers to the front of that. This way I don't have to worry and anyone would be able to write a message on the inside of the card (I give away a lot of cards for the Cdn soldiers, nursing homes, etc etc and I leave my insides blank most of the time).
Thank you for the tips! You are all a wealth of information. I have been using solid card stock for my base too but thought if i could print on the outside of the card and get good color that might be a nice way to change things up a little. I

I bet your recipients love your handmade cards. Maybe one day I will get fast and good enough to do that.. Right now I am as slow as molasses trying to figure out what colors and patterns to use together. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

P.S. I just went to your blog and you do such nice work. I want some presentation paper now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

P.S. I just went to your blog and you do such nice work. I want some presentation paper now!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Gabby I look forward to seeing some of your creations! Cat your blog is terrific, I dropped by to see it today myself. Thanks for your help with my question again.

Pinterest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I print off digital papers, elements, frames, etc on WM GP paper. I don't use my home printer to do this though. I get a much richer color at a print shop. I can print off an 8 1/2 x 11 for .57 cents. If I were making four card fronts that would be .15 cents each.

You are welcome to check out my blog for digital hybrid cards I have created.
Reply With Quote Likes