Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ORDER ONLINE

Just want to let everyone know to be really careful what can happen if you don't know who your dealing with when you place an order online. Most companies I've dealt with are great but boy I've been hoodwinked by a company called Scrapbook Needs, I placed an order for a Hero Arts stamp and used my credit card, I received confirmation that the order had been received and also confirmation that payment had been received. Wellllllll that's the last I've heard from them. No stamp and it's been 3 weeks, I tried contacting them via email and received an email back saying they were having problems receiving emails. Now this wasn't the standard warning you received sometimes, it was an actual email signed by someone named John, he gave me a phone number to call and when I called it just a routine message that they couldn't come to the phone and to leave my name, number and order number which I have still not had a response. No response and no stamp, I've since ordered the stamp directly from Hero Arts and had the stamp in 3 working days. So I would suggest you think twice before you deal with the company Scrapbook Needs.
Marge Dahl:mad:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Call your credit card company, especially if you have a card with online fraud protection. They might be able to cancel the charge to your card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

The same thing happened with me with Angela Holt of the Altered Page. She does Ustreams and sells products. I bought several Tattered Angels GM from her at a great price and she sent me all but one bottle with a note that that color was on back order. After more than 4 months and several e-mail attempts to settle with her, I still haven't received it or a refund that would total about $5. The world is a small place and crafter's have long memories. You would think for $5 someone would want to preserve their reputation.
I have purchased from small vendors before, people that sell out of their homes. I only purchased from Angela because another local scrapper I know recommended her. I will rethink this person's recommendations in the future as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Ya, you’d think that with the increase in competition from on line stores these companies would want to uphold their integrity but I guess they think who’s going to quibble over $12.99 or $5.00 but they don’t realize that once bitten the shoppers won’t be returning and they certainly will get the word out to other stampers to warn them. They’re just putting themselves out of business eventually. I like that John can’t receive emails but he did get mine and he did reply by email. He must think I’m a dunce. I belong to a large group we meet once a month to make cards etc and the word is out to them and from them to their friends etc etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, call your credit card company! I had charges reversed when Two Chicks Designs did this to me...and it was a good order...$100 and I was a returning customer! Now, I will NEVER go back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I just ordered from Overstock last night. I hope they are a good company. Is anyone familiar with them? Their shipping is always only 2.95 and I got a really good price on my ATG 700.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
I just ordered from Overstock last night. I hope they are a good company. Is anyone familiar with them? Their shipping is always only 2.95 and I got a really good price on my ATG 700.
They are a huge, very reputable company located just a mile from where I work. You won't have any problems with them, except they have good prices so your wallet may suffer. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Yes, Overstock is fine. I've ordered from them in the past with no problems. I know others who have too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks, Cindy and Stamper. I feel better now. Except Cindy, you may be right, my wallet might start to suffer now that I found this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the heads up on this company. I've learn along the way that if you give good customer service no one may ever hear about it, but if you give bad customer service the whole world will know!

I had this happen a few years ago with Onestopsquare. I ordered from them but after 3 months and very little communication I threatened them and I finally got a refund along with a very snippy email. I don't know if they are even in business anymore...with the service they gave I'd be surprised if they are!

Last edited by jah636; 04-29-2011 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I also had a problem with Scrapbook Needs. Unfortunately I had forgotten that I had ordered from them years before and waited forever for my order. This time I got tired of waiting for my order so I called and left them a message cancelling my order. I also emailed and verified my cancellation. They did call me and left me a message stating my order had been cancelled and my card credited. Checked the card and it was credited but I will never order from them again. Prior emails to them asking about my order went unanswered. It wasn't until I left the message cancelling the order that I got any response from them. I don't know how they stay in business.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I have ordered from overstock several times, and have never had any issue with them. The order is always shipped promptly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Overstock is a good company. I have never had a problem with them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

I'll give that a try and I'll also call my credit card company and see what they can do. Thanks everyone for you input, it has really been a help. I'll let you know what happens. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better business bureau has a form to fill out online, for company complaints, If the company doesn't respond to your complaint filed with the BBB, it is goes against their company rating. I have had results with them also, but, you need all the information to give to the better business bureau.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Just read your post about Overstock. I have ordered several with them and had to return three and the experience was great. Their customer service was terrific when handling a complicated mishap with shipping and missing invoices. I wouldn't worry at all according to my experience. They are a hit and miss store, when they have a bargain its usually great. Hope you have the same experienc e.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Carolyn, never thought of that, thanks because I think I'll have to do that. I sent another email telling them to cancel my order and I also called the phone number he gave and left a message to cancel, tomorrow I'm going to contact the credit card company and see what they can do. I know it's only $12.99 so no big lose but to me it's the principal of the thing. My husband also brought up a scary thought just how secure is this company as far as having our credit card number, I'm like a little (well I don't know if little is the right word bulldog, I'm not giving up until I've covered every angle. It's to bad that out there are a lot of great and ethical companies but it's that one bad company that makes me think twice about ordering on line. I have ordered from Gina K with no problems at all very good company and very good customer service, same with PaperTray and like I said I ordered again directly from Hero Arts and had my stamp in 3 working days. So there are good companies. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

That's terrible! :( I agree with what everyone said, with there being such stiff competition from other companies I would think that they would at least try harder -_-

For me, my bad experience was with simon says stamps. They sent all but one of my items, but after a Paypal dispute that was escalated to a claim, and after they had told me to cancel the dispute and claim before they would refund, before completely ignoring my messages, I didn't see any refund at all from them! It was just a small sum of money (around nearly $5) but Paypal needed me to get a police report before they could get anything back for me... Seriously it was going to cost me more to drive myself to a police station to report a $5 online fraud case, and I wasn't in my country at the time. Not returning there definitely!

Overstock was great for me- I bought a $500(with shipping) case from there for work, and had no problems at all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I purposely order from companies I know other stampers have purchased from from reading different blogs etc. Simon Says will now definitely have to be added to those sites I won't purchase from. I thought they were a good company but after reading about your problem with them, I've changed my opinion. If I place an order in good faith from what I'm assuming is a reputable company and they don't live up to their end of the bargain and don't even have the courtesy of replying or trying to solve the problem, they definitely won't get any more business from me. These companies are screwing themselves out of business. There are alot of us who share the good experiences and bad experiences we've had with each other. Why would any of us take a chance on ordering from a site someone has had problems with?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorraineBKView Post
I purposely order from companies I know other stampers have purchased from from reading different blogs etc. Simon Says will now definitely have to be added to those sites I won't purchase from. I thought they were a good company but after reading about your problem with them, I've changed my opinion. If I place an order in good faith from what I'm assuming is a reputable company and they don't live up to their end of the bargain and don't even have the courtesy of replying or trying to solve the problem, they definitely won't get any more business from me. These companies are screwing themselves out of business. There are alot of us who share the good experiences and bad experiences we've had with each other. Why would any of us take a chance on ordering from a site someone has had problems with?
Totally echo your sentiments- I thought they were a good company too, they have a lot of listings on ebay, and they have an online site with many companies' products... I thought I would be safe, but they only tried to make me close the case and shut up about it with no intention of refunding!

Many times these cases are just about their customers' 'little money' as I have said, but they definitely lose what could have been a loyal customer (since us stampers love our supplies!)- word travels fast! Especially with close-knit communities!! I will definitely steer clear of Scrapbook Needs! >:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Call or email your credit card. Save all the emails. I have had trouble with companies before. After they hear from the credit card company I always get a refund from them quickly. I had saved all emails to send to the credit card company. I use discover. They were so nice to wrok with. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

We really need this info. I know I have visited a couple of the sites listed here, luckily I bought elsewhere. Is there somewhere we can list unreputible vendors?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Scrapbook Needs is in my hometown. Too bad I don't live anywhere near there now. I'd go knock on the door of the address listed and ask them where your order is. Grrr!!!!

Terrible reviews all over the 'net for them. I wonder what's up? They long since closed their brick and mortar store in town :(

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

I ordered from Simon Says and had absolutely no problem with them. I guess each sale can be individual but, to not use them because one person had a bad experience is not fair to the company. There are always extenuating circumstances.

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
I ordered from Simon Says and had absolutely no problem with them. I guess each sale can be individual but, to not use them because one person had a bad experience is not fair to the company. There are always extenuating circumstances.

Cathy
While I don't like to hear of people having problems with any company, I'm glad to read both good and bad experiences so I can weigh whether or not I want to risk ordering from particular sites.

In this economy, it is a risk to give your money up front to any company. When a company that was previously rated as good by many people starts to slip, the poor service and lack of attention to the customer is often the first sign the company is having financial difficulties. I don't want to risk giving my credit card number to companies that could go belly up tomorrow. I want to deal with companies that are on good financial ground so that I can feel my money is relatively safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree, like I said the amount of $12.99 I lost isn't that great, but got to thinking if I'm say one of maybe 50 that brings it up to almost $650 and that's a lot. Since Scrapbook Needs has closed their brick & mortar store I guess I don't stand much of a chance to get any results. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #27  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Never had a problem with Overstock dot com. Very reputable, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

I've purchased from them over the years too and always found them to be very reliable.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #29  
Chat Box Chicks Princess

Wow, Scrapbook Needs looks like a HUGE store....surprised to read this. Although I've never ordered from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

When a search for a product brings up a new retailer I had never heard of comes up, I usually search the net for complaints/reviews THIS is what I found last week about Scrapbook Needs and One Stop Crop. I always try to stick with small local retailers but when shopping online, I tend to stick with the big well known companies. You just never know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Oops...One Crop Shop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbywomanView Post
Wow, Scrapbook Needs looks like a HUGE store....surprised to read this. Although I've never ordered from them.
I agree. It appears to be a large retailer from their website. Who knows if they are trying to scam or just not good at keeping up with their inventory and their business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

I have had 2 go-rounds with Scrapbooking Alley.
About a year ago I got a flawed set of Nesties. It took 3 months of me calling, emailing and nagging to finally get a replacement.

Then this past March I ordered a Sizzix die through Amazon that would be fulfilled by Scrapbooking Alley.

I got a notice it would ship around March 20 something. When it did not come and I never got a shipping notice I sent an inquiry through Amazon. They contacted Scrapbooking Alley who sent me an email it would arrive by April 4th. On the 6th of April they sent a shipping notice that "it had shipped" Which was not true!! 2 Days later I got an email from Amazon they were crediting my charge card since Scrapbooking Alley did not give them an exact ship date. Thank goodness for Amazon. They keep on top of things when you send an inquiry. You don't need to keep nagging them.
I never did get the die set so that is how I knew the shipping notice was a lie.

This is one of those " Fool me once shame on you --Fool me twice shame on me ( for doing business with Scrapbooking Alley again)

I love Amazon. They are reliable and their prices are often the best out there
Now I only have a few businesses I buy from. Gina K; Scrap-Mart; Flourishes, Oozak, Ellen Hutson and Creative Play Stamps . All of them are great and I have never had a problem with any of them. If something would be a problem with any of them I would give them the benefit of the doubt since my past experience has been stellar .

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 05-08-2011 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2011, 04:40 AM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Default UPDATE

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that I did contact my credit card company about my problem and just this morning my $12.98 was credited back to my account. Thanks to everyone who had suggestions or told about their experiences. Like I said it wasn't the $12.98 it was the fact that this company could be doing to to others and those little amounts can add up to a nice figure. I'm still going to be extra extra careful when I order on line. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes