View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Post MMTPT143 ~ SHE'S DOING HER BEST! BUT SHE JUST FAILED THE TEST!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #143

SHE'S DOING HER BEST!
BUT SHE FAILED THE TEST!
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

This is my story!

1. This week I thought it would be fun to go in a little different direction! It all started when a certain SCSer/Teapotter called me the Queen of Breaking Challenge Rules! Hey, Beverly (Beestamper!) don't you be duckin' outa the room! You and I both know it was YOU! Don't worry, I won't tell the others! But, they are gonna know it was you if you keep looking as guilty as you do! As you know, there are not any rules in place on Teapot Tuesday, just make a card however you are inspired and have fun! That is the name of the game this week. Just make a card. There will be some options though, you can go goofy, sophisticated, happy, cutesy, artsey, or more. Or how about a combination of them all?

2. Meet Beulah, the Bluebird. Her life has not been quite the same since a most unfortunate episode down in Flower Mound, Texas. She had a little accident with a Lexus and as a result she's a little more wacky that she once was but on the upside, her attorney managed to get her a pretty sweet deal. She was awarded the wonderful and famous Texas Bird and Breakfast! She's a little frustrated in not knowing the first thing about marketing a Bird and Breakfast but she knows she can meet her new and very aggressive goals and be successful despite her unfortunate accident!

It's Beulah, The Bluebird.
She's wacky, we've heard!
She tweets her name Beulah,
While she dreams of big Moo-lah!

While flying around in Flower Mound, Texas.
She was unfortunately creamed by a big red Lexus.
Because it was red and really messed up her head,
Enter a lawyer, one Tenacious Ted, who quickly said....

Listen to me, why can you not see?
Yah, you messed up, don't expect to go free!
Just do what I say, play this deal my way!

Give her the famous Texas Bird and Breakfast!
She''s really quite madd and might possibly hex us!
If you do not, this thing will be fought!

Yes, Beulah's now off her rocker,
She's outa control and a constant talker,
She's hiding her birdseed in an old blue locker,
And putting a hex on those who dare mock her!

She's doing her best
To attract a new guest!
But once again, she's failed the test!
Look up there!

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST!*

3. Okay, so who am I to tell you what you can and cannot bring to the teaparty? You might feel compassionate for little Bluebird Beulah and bring her some wacky guests. Guests she can relate to, who can relate to her. Guests she can just have fun with. Guests who are not bothered by her wacky ways and new outlook on life! Guests who are sorta like teapotters, who just accept that there are those who fling things, those who don't hold up their pinkies, those who make up stories or hide cookies for stangers, those who eat up all the cookies, those who pretend things are things that aren't really those things, those who are obsessed with writing special poems, those who are obsessed by a certain black and white spotted cow, those who try to party hard but deep down, just show up for the tea, those that are just kind and caring! All this for the sake of having fun at a teaparty!

4. Or, you might feel compassionate for the owners of the red lexus and just bring them a gift to show them your support! Surprise us, I mean them!! A bouguet of flowers, a box of candy or heaven forbid, a wonderful hand made card! Yikes! That might be a difficult one for an SCSer to accomplish! Go figure! And then there is the matter of the attorney. If you are married to an attorney, have a kid in law school or just find yourself inspired by the wonderful attorney that got Beulah her sweet deal, bring something official and law-abiding!

And one more thing, because I am the Queen of Breaking Challenge rules, this week there is no front door! Snort! Everyone is coming in the back door girls! (Love ya Beestamper)

CHALLENGE TRANSLATION:
Be inspired by the teapot, the story, Beulah's predicament or 100% by this week's Destination Station. So, to summarize, pretty much just bring anything! No rules on Teapot Tuesday!

TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION:
This week's destination is just flat all over the place! If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to a fellow teapotter? It's high time you all were rewarded for the smiles and happiness you have brought to others! So, this time we are showing our appreciation to each other! But we want everyone who participates to get a card so we have to follow a wee little rule.....oops, I set a rule! Yikes!

Everyone works hard on their cards, everyone deserves to get a card. In order to make that happen, Here's the Plan, Stan. Stan is the guy who figured this deal out and assures me it will work. If it doesn't, he gets fired, Trump style!

Please visit Post #222 in the Destination Station Thread for more information and to find out how to determine who to mail your card to if you are participating. If you have any questions or concerns you may leave a comment in the Destination Station thread.

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #143 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT143 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given me permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Friday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send me a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater! If you dont' want to cheat, I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it sometimes during the weekend before the next Tuesday!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
birdhouse_teapot.jpg   badge_for_teapot_tuesday-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-02-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!