Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU MDS and CM Storybook Creator Plus 3.0

Hey Friends! Has anyone figured out how to use Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio's stamps, accessories, etc. with Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 or vice-versa? Or have you figured out how to use the embellishments, accessories, etc. from either of these software programs in Photoshop?

Thank you for any direction you can offer!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

On the SU! website, go to
http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/Categ...categoryID=428

You can purchase images for "use with the design application of your choice"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlessedCardMakerView Post
Hey Friends! Has anyone figured out how to use Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio's stamps, accessories, etc. with Storybook Creator Plus 3.0 or vice-versa? Or have you figured out how to use the embellishments, accessories, etc. from either of these software programs in Photoshop?

Thank you for any direction you can offer!
I am keeping all my digital papers and embellishments in files on my regular hard drive. (At some point in the- hopefully- near future, I will move all this stuff to a flashdrive or external hard drive.) Anything I download I put into one of these files. Papers and embellishments from my two programs (CM's SBC+ and Polaroid's My Memories Suite) I am copying into the files as well. You should be able to do the same thing with anything you buy from SU's MDS collection.

If you are working on a page in CMSBC+, choose the "insert" tab on the top. Then choose either paper or embellishment. It will offer you the option to choose either from "content library" or "file". Content library is the CM files you got with the software, or added since. You have a choice to put anything you download into the CM content library, but I don't because I want everything to be available for both SBC+ and MMS- so I put it all in files. Anyway- once you click on "file" you can search your hard drive files just as you would in any other application. I simply choose the paper or embellishment I want, click on it and it will go onto the page I am working on.

Sorry- I cannot help with PS. I have a brand new PSE8, but I haven't even loaded it on the computer yet. My goal is to get all my pictures filed in PSE8, use that to edit, then do my digital scrapbooking with SBC+ and MMS for a while. Once I get all that mastered, I'm going to take Jessica Sprague's classes and move on to PSE for digital scrapbooking- but all that will take a WHILE. In the meantime, I'm very happy with both MMS and SBC+.

I hope my explanation is understandable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

I currently use Storybook Creator Plus and love it. I have downloaded from Stampin' Up. I can get my papers into my SCP but when I try to add an embellishment it says it is out of memory. As anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

When making a layout with MDS and you put an embellishment on the page and then decide after all finished (before print) you don't like that embellishment there....so what happens? Can you delete it without having to start the whole layout over? I know in CM you can delete anything and don't have to start over. Just curious..I am weighing my thoughts on this . . . should I get CM or MDS. Does SU even sell all the story books and such for making them? I know CM carries the full line .... gosh decisions and I hate all of this reading cause it only gets confusing at the end and then I feel that I have read NOTHING that makes since...anyone out there with me? Thanks for any advice in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

oops...forgot to ask a question So are you saying that if I bought CM/Storybook, I can buy MDS downloads of paper, stamps and embell and download into my CM? Or I purchase MDS and I can do that with CM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyofleisure62View Post
oops...forgot to ask a question So are you saying that if I bought CM/Storybook, I can buy MDS downloads of paper, stamps and embell and download into my CM? Or I purchase MDS and I can do that with CM?
Yes you can.

I have been using SBC for about 2 years and just this week I bought MDS. I wanted the content of MDS but not necessarily the program. You can also just buy individual downloads off the SU site and have it work but it is cheaper to buy the cd if you want a lot of the content.

I have been able to put the mds content into sbc but I am going to do as tchk suggested and keep it on my hard drive and NOT in sbc. I read her suggestion several days ago and it just clicked in my brain last night. Wowza. All my content in one place rather than in several places.

I currently have SBC+, MDS and Panstoria Artisan's program on my computer. I did not need to have the content in 3 separate places. lol

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

When making a layout with MDS and you put an embellishment on the page and then decide after all finished (before print) you don't like that embellishment there....so what happens? Can you delete it without having to start the whole layout over?
Yes, a simple right click and delete works, just like in SBC..

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up

Thank you so much Missy . . . they were the answers I was lookin' for . . . so now just to buy the SBC/CM and also the MDS and I will have it made...right?
LOL I will see how this works . . . I can't give up my hands on scrap layouts, but will try to do some 1/2 and 1/2 and some all digi and some all scrapin' . . . maybe I will get finished quicker.
I was reading the SAB flyer and realized that SU said that the digi downloads that we can get FREE can be used in any digi software...GREAT! Best thing about that is all the SAB's in flyer are FREE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thank you so much Missy . . . they were the answers I was lookin' for . . . so now just to buy the SBC/CM and also the MDS and I will have it made...right?
Actually I would buy the Panstoria Artisan program and then the MDS. Panstoria is the company that makes SBC and what is available is cheaper and you can get 20% off right now. I like the new features that it has and you don't have to worry with CM.

Having both programs, I find the SBC/Artisan sooooo much easier to use than MDS. (I know someone will disagree..) Glad I could be of help.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

A Little Birdie Told Me

Oh boy you are making me second guess myself now.....
Ok lay it on the line for me.
If you were new and starting out with this then what would you do?
Honestly, I don't want to waste my money and get something not like it and then just toss it aside and not get anything out of it but discouragement.
Where is this Panstoria at that you are talking about? You mean it is just like CM/SBC? Can I do what CM does with it? Can you make all the storybooks and such?
My brain is fried after reading so much about all of these....
Thank you so much for help in advance .... at least I am getting somewhere
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry to confuse. It is my stock in trade. lol

There is nothing wrong with MDS and if you don't have anything else then you may want to just buy that and be done with it. You can't really go wrong with it.

I have been using SBC for several years now and love the simplicity of the program. I do not like CM's business practices (and wont go into that) so I will no longer buy anything from them. They are past due for an update on SBC3.0.
The program is simple and easy to use and if you like CM and their product, buy that and be done with it.

Panstoria's Artisan 4.0 is the SBC 3.0 upgrade. I don't know the details but the creators of SBC are putting the program out under their own brand. You can go to their website (google it) and get a free 30 day trial. If you like it the cost is $39.99 and there is a discount code to buy if you watch one of their you tube videos. (NO I am not involved with them in any way except I like the product).

If you want to get you feet wet and know that you will want to use a lot of product from other people on the web then this is the cheapest way to go.

I bought a new computer this weekend (yipee) and am loading Artisan on to it. I have loaded all my pre-purchased CM product into the program and am able to use everything in Artisan. I also have MDS on my computer and will end up using the content in Artisan rather than MDS. I have several kits that I have bought/downloaded from other places that will also be loaded and used in the Artisan program.

You will find that content (Jpegs and png's) can be used in all the programs. Where you get into trouble is when you make and save the page, every program has a proprietary format that they use. You cannot move a page from one program to another but you can move the content.

Hope I have not confused you more than you already were. It all depends on what you want to spend.

Missy... off to bed finally.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Default New to digital scrabooking

I looked at the su program and found that you need to send your book creation to them for printing to get true colors. Is this what you ladies do? Doesn't get costly?

What is mds?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

I am sure that if you send them out to someone else that the colors cant be that far off. Not that I have done that yet, but how far off can a professional company be?

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyintxView Post

I bought a new computer this weekend (yipee) and am loading Artisan on to it. I have loaded all my pre-purchased CM product into the program and am able to use everything in Artisan. I also have MDS on my computer and will end up using the content in Artisan rather than MDS. I have several kits that I have bought/downloaded from other places that will also be loaded and used in the Artisan program.

You will find that content (Jpegs and png's) can be used in all the programs. Where you get into trouble is when you make and save the page, every program has a proprietary format that they use. You cannot move a page from one program to another but you can move the content.
Ok, so are you saying you purchased CM digital product and can use it in another program? I didn't think CM stuff could be used in other programs. It downloads as a package. How are you able to use it in another program? I'm just curious. I have SBC+ and like how easy it is to use but this would be good know for future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Mostly I use other stuff in SBC. I love the way the program works but don't always love CM product. But, yes, you can use CM product in other programs. You just have to save each piece in the kit into another folder. I would have to remember how to do it again since most of mine is already done, but it can be done.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #17  
Glitter Queen

Hello Missy!!!! :confused: hahaha is that anything new with me? I am sorry . . . . ok I got the MDS from SU and I have the trail version of Artisan
I have worked with both of them and like them . . . done several layouts, yet to print anything or send it off to be printed. BUT
my problem is how in the heck do I save these freebies on the internet into my MDS or Artisan...can I combine the two together? I know you mentioned that you have made a folder or something, yes I am way passed confused. I had a CM demo here and of course she showed the SBC and said it was just like the Artisan (so a BRAVO for you Missy) she was totally surprised, well she acted it anyways and couldn't believe the program was just a like! I mean it had the same buttons and everything.
But she really wouldn't work with the MDS from SU and tell me anything. She was willing to make any deals on me buying from CM and wanting several kits, so I am just laying low right now getting that . . . or do I need it too? I know I love their B/W paper kit and embellishments ... she did say you can make them any colors you want. Well if I purchased that could I put it in MDS and Artisan?
I am looking for a really good SOCCER kit .... I have lots and lots of soccer layouts to do...anyone know of one? I know CM has one and several on the internet, but then my problem too, how do I get those kits into my program if they are a zip file and where do I and what do I do? I know you can say *well dummy* . . . no really isn't the case here, but I am just over wasted with my mind right now on all of this.
Also, I thought with any program you can print to any company? Except CTMH!!!
HELP....THANKS YOU SO MUCH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #18  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Mostly I use other stuff in SBC. I love the way the program works but don't always love CM product. But, yes, you can use CM product in other programs. You just have to save each piece in the kit into another folder. I would have to remember how to do it again since most of mine is already done, but it can be done.

Missy
Ok, please give real good details how you are saving other kits into the folders of another program. Like I downloaded some freebies from CM off of FB the other day...well they are just sitting there, cause I don't know how to get them into Artisan or MDS. I really appreciate anyone to help on this.
I would so love to really get started in this and go with it. OR should I just purchase the CM program and go with it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Ugh, how do you delete pictures in the side bar from MDS...I don't want them there and not going to use them...how do I get rid of them?
Anyone know?
I finished a project, closed it and open a brand new one and the same pictures popped up....wth? Confused again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Oh another question . . . Is there any way of telling what photos you have used already in MDS? I have 50 some photos that I can use on these layouts, well then I use a few and can't tell if I used this one or not . . . don't they fade or how does it let you know? Thanks everyone, I am really fed up with trying to use all of this and not knowing wth to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #21  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Here's a link to the MDS community. You could probably get any questions pertaining to MDS answered here. It doesn't cost anything to join but would probably prove to be an invaluable resource :-)

My Digital Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #22  
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
Here's a link to the MDS community. You could probably get any questions pertaining to MDS answered here. It doesn't cost anything to join but would probably prove to be an invaluable resource :-)

My Digital Studio
Thank you so much! I will do that...I really appreciate all the help everyone has given. I am excited about doing this, but get very upset when I can't do something...have a great weekend! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thank you so much! I will do that...I really appreciate all the help everyone has given. I am excited about doing this, but get very upset when I can't do something...have a great weekend! ;)
I shouldn't laugh at you but I cannot help it. You sound so much like me when I want to figure it all out. lol I will work on answering the questions in the above threads...one by one.

And yes, you will like the MDS page that was referenced.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
Ok, so are you saying you purchased CM digital product and can use it in another program? I didn't think CM stuff could be used in other programs. It downloads as a package. How are you able to use it in another program? I'm just curious. I have SBC+ and like how easy it is to use but this would be good know for future.
I have bought and downloaded the Artisan 4.0 program from Panstoria. Short story is, Panstoria used to be Casapedia(sp?) and they can use the SBC+ 3.0 content in the Artisan program. It will reload into Artisan as a .pakit file so it will be on your computer 2 times.

You can also save every little thing in a CM kit and use it in any program. Just right click and "save as content".

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Hello Missy!!!! :confused: hahaha is that anything new with me? I am sorry . . . . ok I got the MDS from SU and I have the trail version of Artisan
I have worked with both of them and like them . . . done several layouts, yet to print anything or send it off to be printed.

You will not be able to print anything with the trial from Artisan. Only if you buy it.

BUT
my problem is how in the heck do I save these freebies on the internet into my MDS or Artisan...can I combine the two together? I know you mentioned that you have made a folder or something, yes I am way passed confused.

Go to your DOCUMENTS folder. Make a new folder called SCRAP CONTENT. In that folder make as many other folders you need in order to be able to find something. I currently have CM, P2P, Stampinup and Other. In those folders I have more folders broken down so I can find stuff. My SU folder has the following.... Designer Kits, Embellishments, papers, Stamps and Punches.

When I download a kit or freebie it drops into my DOWNLOADS folder. I go to the download and unzip the file. It also goes in the DOWNLOADS folder. I then take the unzippped content and drag it into the correct folder in my SCRAP CONTENT folder. From there I can access it from any program I am using.

I had a CM demo here and of course she showed the SBC and said it was just like the Artisan (so a BRAVO for you Missy) she was totally surprised, well she acted it anyways and couldn't believe the program was just a like! I mean it had the same buttons and everything.

I am sure she was totally surprised. I don't know what is going on with CM and Panstoria but CM does not currently have the 4.0 version. Only Artisan.

But she really wouldn't work with the MDS from SU and tell me anything. She was willing to make any deals on me buying from CM and wanting several kits, so I am just laying low right now getting that . . . or do I need it too?

No, you do not need to have SBC especially if you like the Artisan. They are basically the same.

I know I love their B/W paper kit and embellishments ... she did say you can make them any colors you want. Well if I purchased that could I put it in MDS and Artisan?

It will go into Artisan but you would have to break it apart to put it into MDS.

I am looking for a really good SOCCER kit .... I have lots and lots of soccer layouts to do...anyone know of one? I know CM has one and several on the internet, but then my problem too, how do I get those kits into my program if they are a zip file and where do I and what do I do? I know you can say *well dummy* . . . no really isn't the case here, but I am just over wasted with my mind right now on all of this.

No Dummy from here. I still feel that way and I have been doing this for a bit. It will all come together soon.

Also, I thought with any program you can print to any company? Except CTMH!!!
Yes you can. You will save the pages as JPEGS and send them where ever you want to.

HELP....THANKS YOU SO MUCH!
My comments in red.
Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Ugh, how do you delete pictures in the side bar from MDS...I don't want them there and not going to use them...how do I get rid of them?
Anyone know?
I finished a project, closed it and open a brand new one and the same pictures popped up....wth? Confused again!
You don't apparently. Someone claimed that they are not really in the program just linking. Don't know the veracity of that statement. I know that I don't like that and I don't like that I cannot see the layers in the program. I like the content but not the program.

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Oh another question . . . Is there any way of telling what photos you have used already in MDS? I have 50 some photos that I can use on these layouts, well then I use a few and can't tell if I used this one or not . . . don't they fade or how does it let you know? Thanks everyone, I am really fed up with trying to use all of this and not knowing wth to do.
Another Nope, you don't. It does not tell you what you have used. Sigh....

Missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Ok, please give real good details how you are saving other kits into the folders of another program. Like I downloaded some freebies from CM off of FB the other day...well they are just sitting there, cause I don't know how to get them into Artisan or MDS. I really appreciate anyone to help on this.
I would so love to really get started in this and go with it. OR should I just purchase the CM program and go with it?
Once you have them into a main folder, like I described above, you can decide if you want to load them into the program or not. I have taken certain elements that I like and use all the time and have loaded them directly into Artisan. You do that through the program by clicking "create art kit" in you Content Manager. You will name a kit and load anything you want into it.

Your content in MDS is located in your COMPONENTS folder. On my computer (Win7) it is in C:/program files (x86)/MyDigitalStudio/Components. You can drop any new content into the appropriate folder there or make a new folder named something like...NON MDS STUFF. You can also copy that content into the SCRAP CONTENT folder I mentioned earlier.

Missy....do I have you totally confused now?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi

I am really trying to figure out if this MDS2 software is for me. Does anyone know if I can burn my digital scrapbook pages onto a dvd or cd? Thanks for the help.
Fan Club Member
Technique Lovers Challenge Host (TLC)

Designing for: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Brand Ambassador for Perfect Paper Crafting, Dirty Dozen Alumni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #30  
Glitter Queen

I am almost certain you can burn the pages on a CD. The features are in the MDS2. Hope someone else will reply that has already done this. I haven't gotten that far, because I am still to far behind in other scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #31  
Glitter Queen

Thanks to all that replied to me ... I ended up getting the MDS from SU (well when you are a demo you have to support yourself, right?) I love it! I have about 1000 digital kits and clusters that are from other designers and such now. They work great with the program.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #32  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

My comments in red.
Missy
Sorry I am so late saying THANK YOU!!! You really helped and now I know way to much! lol I should say that I have downloaded way to much! :???:
Reply With Quote Likes