Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT135 ~ HE SLURPED UP A NOODLE, GAVE ONE TO HIS POODLE!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #135

HE SLURPED UP A NOODLE
GAVE ONE TO HIS POODLE!
AND SAID, "OH, WHAT A GOOD BOY AM I!"

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

Before we get into the nitty gritty of today's challenge, I must announce our A-Card-&-Me Award Winners. Now remember people, these two won extra cookies so make sure you sit by them at the teaparty today! What kind of extra cookies did they get? Well, my favorite! Move over! I'm sitting there! Snort!

The envelope please.......

And the winner in the category for Best of the Best ~ The Oscar for the Best Dressed in 2011 goes to:

Sophisticated Lady ~ AudreyAnn

Hey, where's the other envelope? Oh, its there, under those cookies!

The winner in the category for Worst of the Worst ~ The Oscar for the Worst Dressed in 2011 goes to:

Fashion Dottie ~ By Marleygo

Congratulations to our 1st Annual A-Card-&-Me Award winners! You both get extra cookies! Whoo hoo! Okay, I know we are on a time schedule here so I must get on with our teaparty!

This is my story!

1. You meet the strangest people at an event like the A-Card-&-Me Awards! Now don't get me wrong, there are some fabulous stars to rub elbows with which provides quite a thrill but some elbows we would not invite to tea! You've heard of Little League Parents, always pushing their kids to be the next multi-millionaire star baseball player, MVP in the World Series at the age of three! Well, its no different in the world of Oscar Awards. Parents pushing their kids to be the next multi-millionaire leading men and lady, Oscar winners at the age of 3! How do I know? Like I said, you meet the strangest people at an event like the A-Card-&-Me Awards!

2. This plays like a Hollywood Script! Meet Hamilton Hartford Horner. He is a well known Hollywood Director even though he hasn't won an Oscar for over 15 years. He's not been able to get much going. He has a wife of 35 years, Hettie Harmony-Horner. She was afraid to drop her maiden name for fear it might disrupt the harmony in her life!! Harmony to Hettie means holidays, good food and family. She is known around Hollywood as Holiday Hettie, famous for her yummy spagetti and Coach Teddy, her enormously successful brother! They have a child named Jack, he's as smart as a tack, but much too laid back. He cares about two things, spagetti noodles and poodles!

Little Jack Horner
Sits in the corner,
Eating Spagetti pie;
He slurped up a noodle,
Gave one to his poodle,
And said 'What a good boy am I!'

3. Says Coach Teddy, Hettie, okay! Alright already! I'm sick of spagetti! I'm ready alright? Alright all ready, I'm ready alright!! Now, no more spagetti, alright already? You see, Hamilton Hartford Horner knows that he could get an Oscar award if Coach Teddy would agree to let him make a movie of the story of his life. How he grew up surrounded by every sport known to man, his success in each and his un-canny ability to teach! And what better child to play the young Teddy than his own child Jack! They may even win two Oscars for their family! Hettie has been inviting Teddy over for spagetti for 15years trying to get him to agree to allow Hamilton to produce and direct "The Coach's Corner Starring Little Jack Horner!" It's a happy day in Hollywood, he finally said they could!

4. Mission #1? Accomplished! Mission #2? That is where we come in! Little Jack Horner has not a clue about sports! Not a clue, who knew? He loves oodles and oodles of noodles and poodles, that's all! So, its time for a crash course in all things sport! Bring basketball, baseball, and football. Bring tennis, soccer and swimming! Bring wrestling, boxing and track. Bring golf, bowling, and darts! Bring race cars, sky diving and bungy! Bring bull riding and bronc riding. Bring fishing and hunting. If it takes a coach to help win, then it's easily in!

If you bring a noodle or a poodle, you will be charged with breaking Little Jack Horner's focus and as a result you will be sentenced to the back door. What an adventure!

Challenge Translation:
Pretty cut and dry. Bring sports related cards! All kinds!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #135

This week's destination is Farmington, New Mexico. My sister who lives in Farmington, New Mexico brought to my attention the plight of a young 19 year old boy by the name of Bobby Riddle. The day after Thanksgiving Bobby was was involved in a terrible accident. While burning leaves he had a gas container explode in his hand. He was burned over 65% of his body. Bobby continues to be treated at a burn Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As you can imagine, he is undergone several grafts and surgeries. He has recently made some progress by taking some steps and was able to no longer rely on get feeding tubes and a respirator. He may be released in early March so that he can come home to Farmington.

For more information including the address to mail your card to please visit Post #186 of The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Bobby. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #135 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT135 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT135 ~ HE SLURPED UP A NOODLE, GAVE ONE TO HIS POODLE!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT135 ~ HE SLURPED UP A NOODLE, GAVE ONE TO HIS POODLE!-sports-teapot-mmtpt135.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 03-07-2011 at 05:04 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Here's my card for Bobby - I went with baseball for my sports card! MMTPT135 Bobby - You're the Best Player by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

congrats to the best and worst from the A Card a Me Awards!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a bit confused - the address for Bobby is being sent to Abby?

My Blog Keep In Touch Stampin
My Gallery

My Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Cmsuto - 3/7
Resqbarbie - 3/7

Hope you two *twins* have a Happy Birthday this week! Giggle. We have lots of teapotter twins! Eat double the cake, open double the presents, have double the birthday lunches! Got it? Both of you!! Ha!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-28-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmgoshaView Post
I'm a bit confused - the address for Bobby is being sent to Abby?
So sorry Kit! I am a dork! I had the wrong link in there! My bad...Try the link now, it should take you to the correct address in Farmington, New Mexico. Sorry! Oopsie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my card for Bobby - Snoopy playing sports.

My Blog Keep In Touch Stampin
My Gallery

My Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my sports related card for Bobby. I'm sure hoping he likes the SF Giants!
SF Giants World Series 2010 MMTPT135 by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Good challenge Mudder, it got me to make a man card and buy some baseball stamps!
And lucky for me, they were on sale!

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

My card for this week's challenge is here

I didn't have any sports related stamps so I made a sail boat hopefully that is considered a "sport" If not I guess I'm coming in the back door this week...smile. Especially since my card looks nothing like the teapot. LOL
My card will be mailed to Bobby
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Well still at the beach on holidays. I'm doing experiments with my copics and took them all with me. When you posted this challenge I so wanted to doodle a poodle eating oodles of noodles, but, I decided I better play it straight as the poor young man wouldn't know what I was suggesting if he got a noodle eating pink poodle yikes! Why it was so tempting is whenever we have pasta for dinner our dog gets a little bowl of noodles with butter and asiago cheese called cheesy poof pasta. If you say the phrase he comes running from wherever he is, so this noodle eating poodle was almost too tempting for me to pass up.
Thanks for a relatively easy sports challenge, anyone can draw a bunch of circles!

Here is my "Oh Balls!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I couldn't think of anything cute or funny...I just keep thinking how much pain Bobby must be experiencing. Prayers being lifted.

Not a single sports stamp in the stash...had some stickers..even holographic ones.

Be a Sport
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's my tribute to the sports fan this week. Glad I found this wallpaper border sample I must have had for at least 10 years or more. I think I was going to make bookmarks or something. Glad to have a use for it today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 276 Likes on 189 Posts

Ok, with all of my freakin stamps, can you believe I have no sports related ones??? :shock: So I found this cute digi and had to use that. Here's my soccer guy: br Soccer Teapot For Bobbie by raduse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #13  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mudder, do I get an extra cookie for actually being on time?
Here's my card.

MMTPT135, The Champion by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 276 Likes on 189 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by yabbadodoView Post
Mudder, do I get an extra cookie for actually being on time?
Here's my card.

MMTPT135, The Champion by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl

Mudder, if Gramma gets a cookie, can I have one too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Had to really dig into my archives for this old sports stamp! MY CARD

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, my contribution to this insanity brings last week's Best and Worst Dressed winners together as they head off together to attend a ball game. Poodle in tow. Back door for me. Save me some cookies. Please.

Greta & Dottie Go to the Game!
Founding Member of the Punchkateerz - "You don't have to be crazy to be one of us, but it sure helps."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh what fun...heres mine

off to the tea party
~~Stampin World~~ ~~My Magnolia Maddness~~##The Great Adventure##
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine for Bobby MMTPT135 A Card for Bobby by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

I hope this young man gets back to doing what he loves real soon. Here is my card for him: Bobby U are the best by angelsparkly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

It's been awhile since I've been to a tea party, but I had to jump in with a favorite activity of mine. I can hardly wait for it to warm up enough to get out on my bicycle.

Riley Bicycling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #21  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

This sure was a challenge for me since I have no sports related stamps!!

I'm going to get Bobby's address right now.

D-Fence! (MMTPT135) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #22  

Getting ready for a long weekend away, so my brain can't handle a story this week. I hope that Bobby likes this:
MMTPT135 Nothin' But Net by momof5sons - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart always believe in yourself

The poor boy....My husband is a chef and i have worked in kitchens too, we know about burns, kind of comes with that territory, so we know what they are like, but not to that degree. so even tho we have an idea not close to what he must be feeling....no sports stamps but this relaxing fisher...thanks for another awesome challenge and I stiil get a kick of the teapots you find;; MMTPT135, Believe in all you do ! by wendy2512 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

WooHoo, I made it to the party the day of...that's 3 out of 4 times!!!! I couldn't decide which sport to go with!

All Star Coach!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Luckily, I was able to get an internet connection in my hotel and add my card - even on the same day! Yay! Here is my baseball card for Bobby: MMTPT135 Bobby Is A Star by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I tried to use colors from one of the Farmington junior baseball teams, the Cardinals. I don't know if Bobby has ever worked with those particular kids, but it was fun to check them out on the internet anyway!

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

I really wanted to send a card to Bobby, but I am not real happy with my card. But, hopefully it is the thought that counts. lol
Changito Plays Ball
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 379 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm uploading tomorrow when I have better lighting! It really is all done and will be in the mail to Bobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I had a major senior moment and forgot to put a link here.

MMTPT135 ~ Sports Card by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

I have SOS shout I have no guy stuff or sport stuff. Can help me find something bobby? thanks

hotwheels

Last edited by hotwheels; 03-01-2011 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #30  
Inky OceanGazer

It is the midnight hour and I am finally uploading my combined SC and MMTPT card.

Enjoy the Day
thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #31  
Crimping Master

You girls must be magical, because seems you found my card before I did ;)
pixxiewacorgiMMTPT135_by_pixxiewacorgi by pixxiewacorgi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Didn't have any sports stamps, but I found these motivational stickers and then found a sheet of a soccer team of bears, and thought they'd pair up nicely.
Thank you for all the sweet comments!

Editing to add- the card was mailed yesterday, Tuesday. Hope he gets it this week despite the warning about delayed mail times.

Last edited by pixxiewacorgi; 03-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: ps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #32  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So pleased I had time today to make a card for Bobby, I really wanted to - here's my Hi Coach!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

My card for Bobby-

Courage for Bobby by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

Here is my card for bobby!
I hope to catch the big one! by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't know how so many of you get your cards done so fast! here's mine, better late than never!

DREAMER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #36  
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

My first Teapot Tuesday Challenge and I do not own any sports images...lol...only me *grin*

Here is my card for Bobby.....

Superstar
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!

Last edited by va.sunshine; 03-03-2011 at 03:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Rocky and Sam love the water but for different reasons! Rocky loves to use it to build killer sand castles. But Sam loves the thrill of riding the surf! Little Jack Horner is Sam's surf student but secretly prefers to watch Rocky and his killer castles!

My prayers go out to Bobby and I'll be sending off Rocky and Sam tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card for Bobby. I actually got it made and posted before being officially late on Thursday this week. I'll be back tomorrow to comment on all the fantastic cards.

MMTPT135, Sports Card for Bobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cindy, I read your note about having a busy week - well, I am sure they are all busy - but I am sure I speak for all of us when I say we hope that you take time for yourself, and of course for that little thing called a JOB, and that if you can't get to our cards we totally understand. I know that getting all of this organized and taken care of every week has to take a lot of time - and you are appreciated by us.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Default Rooting for Bobby

Well, now that I've been welcomed into the teapotters community, I had to make a card for poor Bobby.

I've been working on this card since Monday night, when MotherMark first posted it. I can only work around my two pre-schoolers' schedules, so it takes me a while to finish my cards. I work in like 5 to 15 minute increments at a time!!

Rooting for Bobby

I also wrote a story!! Here it is:

Fortunately Jack had a good friend named Bobby,
who loved all things sports - it was his favorite hobby.
Jack asked Bobby if he could teach him
how to dribble a ball, how to golf, how to swim!
Bobby said "Sure, that sounds like fun! How about we start now? Let's go for a run!"

So Bobby and Jack became best friends and co-horts,
They played every day; they played all kinds of sports.

Then one day dear Bobby said "Jack, you are ready.
And rewarded his friend with a plate of spaghetti!

Jack was so grateful for his all-star friend,
that he gave him a part in the movie. THE END!

My Blog: A. Spoon Full of Sugar
Reply With Quote Likes