Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone catalog their supplies?

I started to catalog my stamps then got a little overwhelmed. I want to have a place to flip through so I can see all my images together without having to open up my drawers or cabinets that my stamps are in. If you do catalog them do you sort them by theme or company?

I also wanted to catalog my inks - is that crazy?? Sometimes I have to ink a piece of scrap paper to make sure the color is what I want.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Patter Cross has everything she owns, I think, cateloged. She is amazing!!! just look and sigh. Wish she made housecalls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is her blog site address.
Triple the Scraps

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorhumView Post
Patter Cross has everything she owns, I think, cateloged. She is amazing!!! just look and sigh. Wish she made housecalls!
Yeah, I could sure use some of her TLC for my stuff!
Currently I am jammed into one corner of our master bedroom. That's downsized from an entire room across the hall. Organizing and maintaining that organization has been key to my sanity. Now I just have to convince DH he does not really need a dresser! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to catalog mine too, but I have no idea how to even start!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

I really NEED to do this too. I have so much stuff that I forget what I even have.

This is a great idea for punches and ribbon and so much more. I'm going to check out Patter Cross...thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I am almost finished cataloging my stamps.........I do have my inks & Copics cataloged and listed within my PDA so that the info is always readily available.

I looked and thought extentively about Patter's rolodex for cataloging stamps--but many of my stamps are larger because I buy them to use with Copics for coloring and would not fit on the small size of a rolodex. The 3 X 5 rolodexes are no longer made. I investigated many systems in recent months while contemplating this project.

So in the end, I have unmounted 95% of my stamps--which I had been doing all along. I catagorized the stamps by theme and company, and placed the stamps in Stampendous Stuftainers by theme.

I chose Stampendous Stuftainers containers over Cropper Hopper ones because they come in 3 sizes--thin, thick, and thicker.

The thicker Stuftainers can hold stamps on wooden blocks, as well as inkers (someone suggested using a small piece of velcro to keep them label forward, neatly), and ink pads. One person made a paper ridge system to contain the Memento dew drops also. The thin Stuftainers also contain my nestabilities on magentic strips.

Anyway--back to the stamps..... I stamped a page or two for each Stuftainer by theme. For most stamps, the thick Stuftainers were best. For stamps like the Magnolia kids where I have more than I should, I used the thicker container with a couple of the EZ Mount "plastic" type sheets inside. All of the Stuftainers are labelled on the side and top edge.

My first pages in a 3 ring binder are pictures of the stamps organizer alphabetically by theme. In the back of the binder, I have the stamps on pages by brand, if known.

It took some time, but it is so worth it!

I used to keep my stamps & nestabilities in the EZ Mount enclosed plastic binders--but they just got too heavy to take to scraps, and were too cumbersome that I hated putting away stamps. This new system is lightweight, easy to use, and allows me to dream and flip through the binder to easily see stamps that I haven't used for awhile.....and it eliminates duplicate purchases.

Last edited by nayttap; 02-08-2011 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #8  
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Show us some pic's nayttap... it would be fabulous if you could.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayttapView Post
I am almost finished cataloging my stamps.........I do have my inks & Copics cataloged and listed within my PDA so that the info is always readily available.

I looked and thought extentively about Patter's rolodex for cataloging stamps--but many of my stamps are larger because I buy them to use with Copics for coloring and would not fit on the small size of a rolodex. The 3 X 5 rolodexes are no longer made. I investigated many systems in recent months while contemplating this project.

So in the end, I have unmounted 95% of my stamps--which I had been doing all along. I catagorized the stamps by theme and company, and placed the stamps in Stampendous Stuftainers by theme.

I chose Stampendous Stuftainers containers over Cropper Hopper ones because they come in 3 sizes--thin, thick, and thicker.

The thicker Stuftainers can hold stamps on wooden blocks, as well as inkers (someone suggested using a small piece of velcro to keep them label forward, neatly), and ink pads. One person made a paper ridge system to contain the Memento dew drops also. The thin Stuftainers also contain my nestabilities on magentic strips.

Anyway--back to the stamps..... I stamped a page or two for each Stuftainer by theme. For most stamps, the thick Stuftainers were best. For stamps like the Magnolia kids where I have more than I should, I used the thicker container with a couple of the EZ Mount "plastic" type sheets inside. All of the Stuftainers are labelled on the side and top edge.

My first pages in a 3 ring binder are pictures of the stamps organizer alphabetically by theme. In the back of the binder, I have the stamps on pages by brand, if known.

It took some time, but it is so worth it!

I used to keep my stamps & nestabilities in the EZ Mount enclosed plastic binders--but they just got too heavy to take to scraps, and were too cumbersome that I hated putting away stamps. This new system is lightweight, easy to use, and allows me to dream and flip through the binder to easily see stamps that I haven't used for awhile.....and it eliminates duplicate purchases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  

I have some of my sets indexed in a 3" three ring binder. I do like it but have not unmounted my stamps so I'm still shuffling clamshell boxes. I have lots of things in my crafting area. It's getting crowded. My clear stamps are in one of two boxes. I have an extra large fabric covered box which holds all my sets that are larger than the $1., studio G stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Would love to show you a picture........and will attempt to do so in a few days........

Right now I'm on the road for work and not home....

Plus I've never uploaded a picture to SCS, and will have to learn........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

wow thanks for all the ideas! I really need to catalog my punches too. How great would that be? Maybe that's what i should be doing instead of being on the computer! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmyqtgirlView Post
wow thanks for all the ideas! I really need to catalog my punches too. How great would that be? Maybe that's what i should be doing instead of being on the computer! lol
In the same binder, I have photo pockets.........one section has each pocket filled with a piece of paper put through the Big Shot for each embossing folder I have, another has pieces of paper with each punch sample--and the name of the punch and which drawer it is stored in.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a little 3x5 book I made that is my supply catalog. It's about 3" thick but small enough to carry in my purse when I shop. This little book has save me from buying duplicates. It has sections for:

Markers
Pencils
Gel Pens
Watercolors
Ink Pads
Stickles
Chalks
Embossing Powder
Cricut Cartridges
Punches/Dies/nestability
Mists

On each page I have a sample of the material, I add an "R" if I have the refill, I pencil in a notation if I need a replacement. I also note if I have multiples by noting +1, +2, etc.

I used 3x5 index cards that have a grid so I can write in the items. Some pages I created on my PC so I could have the vendors information. It took a few hours to color in all the sample, but well worth it.If the company has a color chart I put in the book. Every few months I'll go through and make sure I'm up to date on colors, missing items, etc.

A couple of pics for you. Sorry book is kind of ratty, but I use at my stamp desk and on shoping trips. BTW each divider section page is decorated a little so it started out as pretty before I beat it up.
Attached Thumbnails
anyone catalog their supplies?-stamp-supply-journal-001.jpg   anyone catalog their supplies?-stamp-supply-journal-002.jpg   anyone catalog their supplies?-stamp-supply-journal-005.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

There are lots of threads here on the various ways to catalog your stamp collection. Do a search and some reading before you start so that you can compare the methods and get off on the right foot. I keep stamp images by theme and company. Both come in really handy. I use the theme one every time I start a project, and the company one has saved me from accidental duplication.

I cataloged a lot of supplies with Excel, but eventually I decided I needed a swatch book. The swatch page could be set up with space for info (like whether you have a re-inker); so you really wouldn't need Excel. If you use a looseleaf notebook for any inventory, keep the papers in clear sleeves. Hope you have access to a copy machine or can format a page on the computer.

Every time that I started a cataloging process, I found it very intimidating. But I also found out two things: plan carefully so you do it "right" from the beginning, and, second, as you do it and things fall into some order it becomes very rewarding and isn't such a labor after all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I have also stamped all my images on card stock and put in a 3 ring binder I used page protectors so if I decide to get rid of a set I can take that out and replace with a new one!
Now my stampscapes when I purchased the entire collection came with like picture index cards and I just placed those in a page protector
Also have done my spellbinders and punches which for those I punched out and adhered to a sheet of card stock with the name of each
All my different inks I just wrote down the name like stazon etc and color so I dont purchase doubles
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, I cataloged my nail polishes on a 3x5 index card so when I was shopping I wouldn't buy duplicate colors.

I use a 3 ring binder and page protectors, and stamp each image by theme. This means that some sets aren't on the same page. My binder has become a monster - I should photograph it some time.

I note the manufacturer, set name, and if it's clear or unmounted, under the image. The helps me find whatever I'm looking for quickly, and, when I upload to my gallery, helps me credit the stamp correctly.

I'm not as well organized with my other supplies. My prismacolors are cataloged on a template I found on SCS. I mark up my SU! catalog so I know what papers, inks & refills I already own. I have a very small number of punches and don't own a Big Shot/Cuttlebug or other similar machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I have a little 3x5 book I made that is my supply catalog. It's about 3" thick but small enough to carry in my purse when I shop. This little book has save me from buying duplicates. It has sections for:

Markers
Pencils
Gel Pens
Watercolors
Ink Pads
Stickles
Chalks
Embossing Powder
Cricut Cartridges
Punches/Dies/nestability
Mists

On each page I have a sample of the material, I add an "R" if I have the refill, I pencil in a notation if I need a replacement. I also note if I have multiples by noting +1, +2, etc.

I used 3x5 index cards that have a grid so I can write in the items. Some pages I created on my PC so I could have the vendors information. It took a few hours to color in all the sample, but well worth it.If the company has a color chart I put in the book. Every few months I'll go through and make sure I'm up to date on colors, missing items, etc.

A couple of pics for you. Sorry book is kind of ratty, but I use at my stamp desk and on shoping trips. BTW each divider section page is decorated a little so it started out as pretty before I beat it up.
I think it's adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaporteView Post
I think it's adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cutest book ever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post

Markers
Pencils
Gel Pens
Watercolors
Ink Pads
Stickles
Chalks
Embossing Powder
Cricut Cartridges
Punches/Dies/nestability
Mists

I love your book!!! How awesome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default inks

Quote:

I started to catalog my stamps then got a little overwhelmed. I want to have a place to flip through so I can see all my images together without having to open up my drawers or cabinets that my stamps are in. If you do catalog them do you sort them by theme or company?

I also wanted to catalog my inks - is that crazy?? Sometimes I have to ink a piece of scrap paper to make sure the color is what I want.

Thanks
I "started" to catalog my inks. I started with my SU pads. I have three 8 1/2x11 pages for each color family: current 2011, retired and all. I did a dry run last year, but I had to "fill up" the pages, so some blues were stamped with greens, etc. Now I only have all blues on one page, then all greens, etc. I stamped each color with 2 stamps on white card stock, so I know what each color will look like when I am ready to make a project.
I also did my embossing powders this way.

I keep them in a report type folder with a clear cover. The spine pops in and out so it is easy to remove and add pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

The only ones that are cataloged in my craft room are my sentiment stamps. This is very helpful if you are a card maker
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

I have all my stamps unmounted and use a 3 ring binder as my stamp catalog. I can look at the images and then know exactly where that stamp is in my collection. I also have my pens & inks cataloged but on rings. I have white & black cardstock circles and I stamped/wrote on each side so I would know how the ink looks on light and dark cardstock. I can also hold the circles up to projects and see how that ink coordinates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

I have all my stamp images in a 3-ring binder. It took a while to do, but I use it all the time. I also used a solid circle stamp to stamp my inks on cardstock - a different page for each color. This is extremely useful, especially for those inks that are different colors when they dry. When I want to match a red, I just pull out the sheet of reds and match it in an instant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

I have converted all my rubber stamps to mounted stamps. I keep both my acrylic and rubber together in binders. I use the ezmount storage panels and have them in categories. ie. baby, love, sentiments etc.

For wherever I have placed the stamp on the storage panel, I stamp it onto a piece of cardstock so that all alike stamps are together. This is in a binder and I can just flip through and see what stamp I want to use.

I'm reworking my system atm b/c I recently bought some justrite storage binders and am cutting the storage panels down to size and will do a similar system when I get it all organized.

Dee =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyteaspoonView Post
I have all my stamps unmounted and use a 3 ring binder as my stamp catalog. I can look at the images and then know exactly where that stamp is in my collection.
This is what I'm working on right now - creating a master list of not only what I have, but what bin it's in as well, for faster finding. I'm also thinking of taking it one step further, and creating a second master list of greetings and what set's they're in, so I can flip through super fast when I'm looking for an appropriate thank you, happy birthday, etc without going through my entire collection.

Inks, I have them visible in a drawer, so I can pull them out, but I'm thinking of doing an image stamped to catalog, and then punched pieces of cardstock alongside. I'm thinking I might organize those in photo-page binder inserts and keep them with my master stamp list, but I'm not sure on that yet. I want it to be something I can file away on my bookshelf though, not something on a ring that will clutter up a drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

I have my 100+ stamp sets cataloged in a 3-ring binder also. I stamp and put them in page protectors. I'm keeping mine on the wood. I do now buy SU clear mount because of the price. I still love my wood mounts.

My dh built my ink holder. It's like ones I've seen on e-bay with all the little cubby slots. They just slide in and I can see what I have at all times. I also know from memory what I have.

I now have all my sets in a large pine armoire and they are sorted by theme. They are soooo, soooo easy to find now. I used to have them stacked on a small bookshelf that had three shelves about ten high. I'd go crazy trying to find sets!

I buy only SU ink and paper because I get overwhelmed easy and would go crazy with colors of ink from all over. I know EXACTLY what I have when it comes to ink and paper.

I have about seven bottles of stickles...all I'll ever need, so I don't have to worry about duplicating them. That's all I'll buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #27  
Glitter Queen

When I get a new stamp set I stamp all of the images onto a 8-1/2x11 paper then put it into a sleeve protector. I use a metal ring to keep all of the pages together and I hang them from a peg on my pegboard. That way when I want to see what stamp to use I just flip through the pages until I find what I want. All of my stamps are filed away in cases in a file cabinet and they are labeled and filed alphabetically.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh my, you guys have some amazing ideas....now all I need is for someone to come over and organize me because I know it'll never happen if left up to me! lol! It seems that I thrive in chaos?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

It took me months of thinking and investigating styles, and three weekends of labor to catalog all of my stamps, embossing folders, punches, and inks....to add to my compulsive lists of Copic markers and inks. And sadly, well over half of my stamps were already unmounted when I started! It certainly was more time consuming than I thought, but I'm thrilled with the results. I own way more stamps than I should!

My hubby is probably rolling in his grave. I told the children a long time ago, never to go out to the cemetery without me, because their Daddy has more certainly rolled down the hill by now from where we left his body!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

I have started a binder of the stamp sets I own. Instead of stamping each of the stamps individually, I scan/copy the image label sheet before I remove them to put on the stamp. That way I have the name of the set and the item number on the sheet of paper as well.

For older sets, that I didn't do this for, I place the stamps with the image label face down on the scanner glass and then scan them. It saves a LOT of time. I also do this for non-SU stamps, although I don't have many of those.

Kym

There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only opportunities for embellishments!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I started re-storing all my unmounted stamps in SU DVD cases not too long ago. First I assigned the stamp set a color (ex: Red = Christmas / Brown = Masculine). I put them in the new cases, then assigned each case a number starting with 1. Thats how I have them in an index book in which lists the stamp name, set stk #, set qty, manufacture as well as stamped or cut out images of the stamps. I store these in page protectors in a large 3-ring bunder. I also have a excel spreadsheet created that I have all my word/sayings stamps on so that if want a particular saying I can find it and go right to the case. I just update it when I purchase new stamp sets with words. So far it has worked well for me. The only caveat is that I have some stamps that are still on blocks that I plan leave that way. Those I haven't figured out quite yet how to index.
after duplicated some refills - I created stickers marked "refill" or "pen". I went through all my pads, pends & refills and added stickers to the cases so now at a glance I can tell what I have and/or need.
I have also started an index for my punches but have not managed to get very far with it... need to get it done.
Anyway --- this works for me. It is so easier to flip through a binder and see stamps at a glance!
“Don’t ever forget that you’re a citizen of this world, and there are things you can do to lift the human spirit, things that are easy, things that are free, things that you can do every day: civility, respect, kindness, character.” ~ Aaron Sorkin
My Gallery
Featured Stamper FS739 April 4, 21
My Blog
Administrator for The Outlawz Challenges

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #32  
Glitter Queen

I catalog absolutely EVERYTHING! Regarding your question about stamps - I store by category. I have no qualms about breaking up sets. If it comes with 3 flower stamps, a butterfly, and a flourish, it gets broken up and filed accordingly. As far as inks and stamp pads, I have lists for each brand by name with either a drawn line, or stamped image (tiny little ladybug). Same with my Stickles, my colored pencils, my punches, my Cricut cartridges, lists of my books, etc. It has saved me many, many times purchasing duplicates. Not only do I have a sample of each in the book, but show the number of my storage box that it's located in. I can tell you exactly what I have at any given time, and can put my finger on it instantly. Wow, I have waaaay too much time on my hands!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I catalog everything! I have 2 large binders for my stamped images; one for holiday stamps [valentines, easter, halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas] and the other for everything else. They are stamped with info about stamp co, stamp name & number and cost and I try to keep all stamps of a type on a page or more pages if needed - birthdays has candles, cakes, balloons, Happy Birthday and sayings on separate pages. My categories are: Celebrations [Birthday & Other];Images; Home & Garden; Alphabets and Sentiments; Shapes.

I also cataloged in small binders all my ink pads, embellishments, printed papers, punches, gems, and just about everything else. These I take with me when I go shopping so I don't buy duplicates.

I now only buy clear or cling stamps; I store the clear sets in clear photo dividers in binders and the clings in thin Stuftainers by category. The holiday wood stamps I keep in photo boxes [3 for $5 on sale at Michaels] and the others are in Iris containers on wheels next to my desk. they are double stacked in drawers in 8 1/2x 11 clear frames and can be lifted out easily. They're kept in separate drawers and can be found easily. This might seem like overkill, but I can find anything I want in seconds. It took me years to come up with a formula that works for me and this is it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

No you don't have too much time on your hands; you're just very organized and I like your ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

I do almost the same thing and it sure helps when shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

I have a catalog I made to let me know where each stamp is located. First of all I buy plastic frames sold at Michael's or Joann's. I use the 14 x 11 frames and use them as trays instead of frames. This idea originated in a class I took from the POSH stamp lady. She was using them to transport her stamps from class to class. Anyway it gave me the idea for storage. Each tray is numbered #1, #2, etc. Leave the paper in the frame and stamp your stored stamp in the tray and restamp the stamp in your catalog. Mark the side if your stamp to coincide with the stamp box and in your catalog mark the pages bOX #1, #2, ETC. Now you know where each stamp belongs. If it is missing you will know which box it goes back in and if you want to stamp you just need to refer to your little catalog to get the stamp you desire.

I started this catalog system when I bought my first group of stamps and I now have 55 boxes of stamps and I know where they are. I do have separate boxes marked Christmas stamps, thats another 7 boxes. and one for sayings, such as Birthday, Sympathy, holidays, etc. I now need to cross catalogue them by theme in another little catalog. I haven't cataloged my unmounted stamps yet, I don'y have that many.

I purchased closet shelving from Lowe's and made habging shelves to hold all my stamp frames and I can reach them by just looking for the number mounted on the side of the frame. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #37  
Glitter Queen

I have been inspired by everyone's ideas: I bought 4x6 index cards and one of the 4x6 cheapy albums from walmart. For my rather small collection in comparison, I used a small stamp and did a sampling of each ink with name on the proper page. ie a note card for SU In Colors the a little flower stamp in Poppy Parade. I have a card for each family of SU colors, with sample stamp, name, and room for reinker check box, paper and so on. I have a card for the names of SU Clear and Wooden set and (ret.) if the set is retired. As far as the images of the sets I have saved the digital picture of the set from either the SU website or the index pictures in the SU gallery. I haven't yet, but plan to print on photo paper (4x6) and put in a different cheapy album to have a visual index. I have a card for the cuttlebug embossing folders name. I card of all my punches, I just used the punch and taped it to the card, and then wrote the size and maybe the name of the punch/brand. All that and I have only filled up 10 4x6 cards and still have over half of the album empty!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Received 178 Likes on 119 Posts

Quote:

Thanks
Great ideas everyone, TFS!

As for my stamps, from reading the whole thread looks like I could do more organizing, I would like to keep my sets together but maybe catalogue in categories to narrow down my search, that's what I need to work at.

I do have all stamps photocopied in a binder (which I never really use, maybe cause its not categorized, just put in as purchased ). I also have all sets scanned on my computer, which I love it is so easy to click through all the stamps sets to find a certain image then go pull out the right stamp set.

If you are into Stampin' Up! I have started organinzing my other goodies (current & retired)
one system I call the Rolodex (i used the siizix name & address die) but you could just make cards in a recipe box
here is the thread Rolodex colour system by Doris B at Splitcoaststampers It works great I keep it on my stamping table.

the other is on Excel and lists the same as the rolodex plus space for more
Colour Inventory Chart with Renovations by Doris B at Splitcoaststampers

For inks I attached a chart I use, I revamped it some but the original idea is not mine, I punched samples of cardstock on one and plan to stamp a small image in each of the other squares> If you have excel you can change it to suit the inks you have. It is handy to have a prestamped sheet then you can just grab the inkpad you need. Takes time to make the chart but it will save you time in the long run.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2010 Colour Samples for ME.xls (36.5 KB, 107 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #39  
Kookie Creator

I had originally started stamping all my stamps, but, oh my!! How time-consuming and it took up valuable desk space! So....I found EVERNOTE!! What a GREAT app! I have it on my iPad, iPhone, Desktop computer and laptop...whatever I enter or update on one, automatically syncs to the others!! IT IS WONDERFUL!! Plus, I can tag the sets with whatever I want and then it searches either a notebook or all notes! I have several notebooks set up (SU Current Stamp Sets, SU Retired Stamp Sets, Embossing Folders, Other Stamp sets....you get the idea!!)!! I scanned or copied pics of each stamp set, folder, whatever, and added it to the note, so I can pull up a stamp set and see exactly what is in the set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #40  
Glitter Queen

Default Evernote

Sarah -- I would like to know which Evernote you use as I have never heard of this. I went to Google and found several versions. Any input will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes