Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Stick Pick Me Up Tool

I would like some feedback on the Quck Stick Pick Me Up Tool. Do you have one and like using it and will it pick up small half pearls to put in place on a card? How long does the sticky end lasts?
I will appreciate any suggestions or information about this tool
Thank you,
[email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought one because I watched a tutorial and the person used and raved about how great it was. I was disappointed. When you remove the cap some of the gummy stuff comes out, sometimes you don't need more but you have wasted some. I found that the gummy stuff dulls my bling and if you try to get it off, the bling comes off the c/s. It wasn't easy to get the bling/pearl off the backing to put it on my card front. I do like the dual tool on the end.

I guess after you use it, you get better results. For me, it was like watching the 'hawkers' at the State Fair--"All you have to do is--- See easy peasy." Take it home and 'nope, it isn't easy and just plain doesn't work!'

I'm sure there will be OP who will rave and say they have no problem but I must be Quick Stik challenged---
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I liked the idea of this tool, but I didn't want to spend the money on it. I bought some of that tacky stuff like plastercine at the dollar store. I stick a blob of that on the end of a wooden skewer or a headpin and it works great when I'm attaching rhinestones and dew drops. I do have to remove the half pearls from the acetate first though since the sticky stuff isn't strong enough to lift them off. It doesn't leave any residue and its cheap - $1.00. I find it in the office supply section at most of the dollar stores in my area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I saw someone using this and thought it seemed like a great tool. I got one and have tried to use it and haven't had any luck with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I bought the stuff to remove the die cut pieces from solid dies when the pieces are stuck (not the Nesties type with the hole) and it works great.

But more than necessary often comes out and I don't know how it would work for pearls or other bling.... but sure works great for those die pieces.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you for you input. I did find where someone said to leave the cap off to keep from wasting the sticky end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
Bought one because I watched a tutorial and the person used and raved about how great it was. I was disappointed. When you remove the cap some of the gummy stuff comes out, sometimes you don't need more but you have wasted some. I found that the gummy stuff dulls my bling and if you try to get it off, the bling comes off the c/s. It wasn't easy to get the bling/pearl off the backing to put it on my card front. I do like the dual tool on the end.

I guess after you use it, you get better results. For me, it was like watching the 'hawkers' at the State Fair--"All you have to do is--- See easy peasy." Take it home and 'nope, it isn't easy and just plain doesn't work!'

I'm sure there will be OP who will rave and say they have no problem but I must be Quick Stik challenged---
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I own the QuicKutz tool you are speaking about, and love it!! the tool comes apart and 1/2 has the gummy stuff for picking up pieces and the 1/2 has a flat tip for helping taking the diecuts/pearls/gems off the gummy end and help place it in place. Yes sometimes the gummy stuff comes out in a little glob that you need to remove first but this tool is really useful. It is very worth the 5-6 dollars it costs.

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I own the QuickStick and adore it! It has two points on the other end - sharp and not as sharp. It's perfect for placing gems or half backed pearls, I use it for small die cuts. The sticky on it lasts a long time. I have had mine for one and a half years and only had to trim the sticky twice. There is a TON of sticky left!

It's a wonderful little tool to have....let me know if you have more questions on how to use it or anything. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
I own the QuickStick and adore it! It has two points on the other end - sharp and not as sharp. It's perfect for placing gems or half backed pearls, I use it for small die cuts. The sticky on it lasts a long time. I have had mine for one and a half years and only had to trim the sticky twice. There is a TON of sticky left!

It's a wonderful little tool to have....let me know if you have more questions on how to use it or anything. Good luck!
I feel the same way about the QuickStick. I have also had mine for quite some time and plan on having it for a lot longer, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I have had mine for quite a while and have not had a problem with it. I use it all the time. I got mine through QVC but they no longer sell scrapbooking or stamping things. I got 4 in the package so I have one in my bag that I carry to crops and one on my work table with 2 spares. I like using it for small pieces when I paper piece or punch art.
A valuable tool in my opinon.

Estelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How funny! Today I went to the beauty supply and bought such a thing that they use at my nail salon...it was $4 and seems to work but I really have not made a card with it. I just have been picking up bling to see which end works with what size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

I have the QuickStik and I love it. I use it all the time to remove little bits from my punches or dies . Yes, some of the putty stuff comes out when I take off the cap, but I live with that. It makes short work of cleaning up a punch or die.

I don't use it to attach pearls . I use the tip of my craft knife to do that .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

saw a demo (video) and had to have it. took forever to find one....wasnt that impressed....i use the glob on the end for paper not jewels...BUT.....who knew the end came off. i just went upstairs to my craft room...and low and behold....two ends. i like the sharper one....never knew it was there.

so thank you for the tips !!

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

I bought it years ago for the sole purpose of adhering small letters cut with the Quickutz. I still use it every now and then when I need to adhere really small embellishments. I still like it
Reply With Quote Likes