View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Cook22
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Default Photo Challenge #112 ~ Sign Here {02/02/2011}

Here's one open to all sorts of different interpretations.

We're looking for any sort of signs - shop signs, posters, hoardings. What inspired me was the fact that I've walked under the Bulmers Cider sign for maybe three years now, several times a week, and I only consciously noticed the apples last week. I love looking out for shop signs - there are some wonderful ones in Paris, and I took a whole series of different fish shop ones in Greece last year.
I've added sign language too for one of my shots. It always interests me to see it - some of the Europeans I've seen are so animated compared to the rather staid Irish version. Last year on holidays in Greece we used to see an elderly man coming along to swim every morning, there were several people who could sign with him.

Those of you not buried under snow might have signs of Spring . I see catkins on some trees near us, and daffodils just starting to poke up through the earth.

Photo Challenge Rules:

~ Have FUN with this! There are no right or wrong photos.
~ Take as many pics as you want, share the few you like best.
~ Please share only current photos, taken after the challenge was issued.
~ We CANNOT upload our photos to the SCS galleries. You may upload them as an attachment or host them from your blog or any online photo hosting site. Just provide the direct link to the photo in your post and also make sure that it is not from a password protected album.
~ Just a reminder that we are a family-friendly site if you are sending others off this site to view photos in an album hosted elsewhere.
~ You can jump in and start any of the photo challenges at anytime..
~ Again - HAVE FUN

I did have a photo that had both English and Irish on it, but I have another one I'd prefer to use in this post; I'll go and find another bilingual one tomorrow, I hope

Sign on a pub near work
Banner on a lamppost along the quays
DH signing "husband".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bulmers.jpg (66.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg signstory.jpg (38.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg sign.jpg (42.2 KB, 47 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!