Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resons for quitting and rejoining SU

Hi! I'm not sure if this thread should be in this category. I became inactive as an SU Demo in October last year. It was my second time. I am really not sure if there's something wrong with me and if I'm the only one who's been on this boat. I'm actually thinking of signing up again sometime this year, and it'll be my third time!!!!!!! People tell me that this is the good thing about SU, that it is there when you're ready.

I guess my question is: Is there anyone else out there who's been in this situation? Can you share the main reason that you became inactive and if you rejoined, what motivated you back?

Thanks so much.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Not with SU, but another direct sales company. I'm with them for the third time. I've returned each time for differing reasons.

1st Joining - wanted something to do because DH coached, loved the products
1st leaving - got pregnant & didn't want to do it any more
2nd joining - wanted products, missed the folks I'd gotten to know and had former customers who wanted me to rejoin
2nd leaving - got a new job, didn't need the income, didn't have the time
3rd joining - wanted income to help pay for horse expenses, but needed something to work around DHs schedule and the events I wanted to pay for with the horses

I have to say, I think it was easier to get back in as i knew what I was getting into and folks already knew me as the Pampered Chef lady. I also have so many duplicate products now that I should be set on wedding gifts and donations for some time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I became inactive in October of last year as well. That was my second time.

I'm thinking of signing up again as soon as I'm allowed. I may be wrong, but I think there is still a six month wait before signing back up.

First time I resigned because I had signed up under a family member. That didn't go well. Second time I resigned because I wanted to branch out and try some other products. Maybe not spend quite as much money each month. I've regretted it ever since.

Good luck with whatever you decided to do.

Lee Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Diana and Lee Anne for sharing. I don't think I put my reasons so here they are:

1st time (2005) - wanted to try stamping, I lived in a 1-br apt with my two kids, cut the long story short, no space - became inactive after I accumulated a lot of stuff already

2nd time (2009) - joined during SAB as I missed being in craft fairs and doing workshops - became inactive in October as we recently moved into a house and financial priorities needed shifting BIG TIME.

Lee Anne, I so agree with you about "working" with family members as I had my share as well. You need to wait six months if you want to sign up under a different upline. At first I thought that signing up under someone who's local will guarantee communication but boy was I wrong, now I realize that even if you sign up under someone who's thousands of miles away, if they are truly serious in taking care of their downline, then distance won't matter.

Diana, I almost signed up with Pampered Chef before. The good thing about this is that your whole family benefits from it, unlike SU that it seems like I am the only one who's floating in heaven when Mr. UPS Man rings the doorbell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I just joined SU for the third time,
1st time I joined was because my sister quit and I needed a way to get my SU "fix"
1st time quiting, I got pregnant after almost 6 years of trying and was on bed rest from 8 weeks on and in the hospital the last 16 weeks of my pregnancy and then dealing with a preemie baby I just didn't have time to devote to my business
2nd time I joined was last year at sell-a-bration because I was spending more wiht my demo than the minimums
2nd time I quit was becasue I was stupid and thinking about going with another company
3rd time signing up I just can't stay away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I had been a demo for about 2 years. I could really only have a small stamp club at home because my husband's schedule was inconsistent and I didn't want to have to scramble to find a babysitter at the last minute. Also I figured a babysitter would negate any commissions.

So, I just had my small stamp club and I was happy with that. But it was fizzling. I'd have two ladies show up. And we were moving in a few months so I didn't want to try to get something going just to leave. So I quit.

3 years and two moves later I was in a great stamp club and the demo wanted to get out of being a demo. It was July when they had the resign special. So, for $35 I was handed a club and the demoship again. It was a no brainer and I'm loving it. I'm still a small time demo, but hoping to grow a little.

We might move again this summer, and if we do I think I'll get a stamp group started in my new location . My kids are older so I don't need a babysitter anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 03:37 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtomaxView Post
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I became inactive in October of last year as well. That was my second time.

I'm thinking of signing up again as soon as I'm allowed. I may be wrong, but I think there is still a six month wait before signing back up.

First time I resigned because I had signed up under a family member. That didn't go well. Second time I resigned because I wanted to branch out and try some other products. Maybe not spend quite as much money each month. I've regretted it ever since.

Good luck with whatever you decided to do.

Lee Anne
You have to wait six months if you want a different upline only. If you want to stay with the same person, you can sign up the day after you resign, if you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you so very much mungojerry!!!

I had no problem with my upline second time around. I didn't realize I could immediately sign back up under her.

Thanks again,
Lee Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I think it's wonderful that all of you are considering re-joining. If you would like to stay with the same upline, you do not need to wait the six months. You can sign up immediately. If you would like to switch uplines, you need to wait the six months.

The Sale-a-bration Starter Kit deal starts on Jan. 25th. The starter kit is 15% off and there'a a FREE bundle that comes with it. You can customize your bundle as well as the Starter Kit. The bundle includes a punch, Simply Sent kit, Simply Sent stamp and the Color Coach.

There's going to be lots of online deals like "sign up with me and get blah, blah, blah extra". Honestly, interview demos......find an upline who's going to support you and has a great personality fit. Everyone wants a great deal, but there's so many unhappy demos who receive little or no support because they went for the deal. Okay, getting off my "acting like your mother" routine, but I just want to make sure that this experience with the company you are signing up with is the most positive experience!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I started because I enjoyed showing people how to make cards. It lasted 1 1/2 years, until I got worried about Income Tax time. I started up again because there was a mini starter kit, and I really missed it. That lasted a year or so. Again, stressing about income tax was what caused me to quit. I started up in November with the 1/2 price starter kit, and I am not even pretending to make this a business. I will place an order during SAB, and maybe another before I get turfed in April. Then I am planning to call it quits. I have so much stuff and it really isn't fun to have all this stuff and not have anyone to play with me.

Val

Last edited by ValH; 01-21-2011 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Everyone here is so helpful!!!!

Thanks so much!

Lee Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Cindy, purplewinkle, mungojerry, Patti and Val for sharing.

When the third time comes for me to sign up, I'm hoping it'll be for keeps. I'm actually thinking long term this time, which is why I will take my time and sign up not because of the specials but if and when I know and feel that it's right.

Everytime I read Stampin Success and see those names in the promotions section, the only thing I can say is WOW, kudos to them! Wouldn't it be something if there's a "welcome back" section, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikebanaView Post
Thank you Cindy, purplewinkle, mungojerry, Patti and Val for sharing.

When the third time comes for me to sign up, I'm hoping it'll be for keeps. I'm actually thinking long term this time, which is why I will take my time and sign up not because of the specials but if and when I know and feel that it's right.

Everytime I read Stampin Success and see those names in the promotions section, the only thing I can say is WOW, kudos to them! Wouldn't it be something if there's a "welcome back" section, lol.
A "welcome back" section would be totally cool!!! Great idea! Send the suggestion to Stampin' Up....the email address is [email protected]

I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattiLynnView Post
I think it's wonderful that all of you are considering re-joining. If you would like to stay with the same upline, you do not need to wait the six months. You can sign up immediately. If you would like to switch uplines, you need to wait the six months.

The Sale-a-bration Starter Kit deal starts on Jan. 25th. The starter kit is 15% off and there'a a FREE bundle that comes with it. You can customize your bundle as well as the Starter Kit. The bundle includes a punch, Simply Sent kit, Simply Sent stamp and the Color Coach.

There's going to be lots of online deals like "sign up with me and get blah, blah, blah extra". Honestly, interview demos......find an upline who's going to support you and has a great personality fit. Everyone wants a great deal, but there's so many unhappy demos who receive little or no support because they went for the deal. Okay, getting off my "acting like your mother" routine, but I just want to make sure that this experience with the company you are signing up with is the most positive experience!

Patty, thanks for the advise on interviewing demos. You are so right about it!

I'll see if I can email SU and suggest the welcome back section.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

I did it!!!

I signed back up yesterday. Although I appreciate the info about the 15% off and free bundle, I didn't want to wait. It has been my experience that things tend to get backlogged during specials and I am eager to go forward.

Thanks,
Lee Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I did it!!!

I signed back up yesterday. Although I appreciate the info about the 15% off and free bundle, I didn't want to wait. It has been my experience that things tend to get backlogged during specials and I am eager to go forward.

Thanks,
Lee Anne
Wooohooo!!!! Way to go Lee Anne! I am sooooooo jealous. I know the rest of the month is going to be the longest for you.......as you anticipate Mr. UPS ringing on your doorbell with your package. Please keep us posted, bet your upline is happy. Ummm, I think I'm going to do the six month waiting period, that'll be May, goodness seems sooooo looong, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm glad you are doing what's best for you, Tina. Let me know when you sign back up. I will throw a shout of congratulations your way. lol

Lee Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Welcome Back!!!!!

I think it would be cool to have a welcome back section! What a great idea!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I did it!!!

Thanks,
Lee Anne
Welcome back!!! I'm so glad you decided to re-join!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Hi! I'm not sure if this thread should be in this category. I became inactive as an SU Demo in October last year. It was my second time. I am really not sure if there's something wrong with me and if I'm the only one who's been on this boat. I'm actually thinking of signing up again sometime this year, and it'll be my third time!!!!!!! People tell me that this is the good thing about SU, that it is there when you're ready.

I guess my question is: Is there anyone else out there who's been in this situation? Can you share the main reason that you became inactive and if you rejoined, what motivated you back?

Thanks so much.
And you still are listed as being a part of the demo-only side on SCS why?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
And you still are listed as being a part of the demo-only side on SCS why?
Not sure why? Is this something that I need to change myself? I haven't been on SCS for a while until recently. If you can tell me how to remove myself as a demo, it'll be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Not sure why? Is this something that I need to change myself? I haven't been on SCS for a while until recently. If you can tell me how to remove myself as a demo, it'll be very much appreciated.
SCS is big about having all types of info out there on how to join - I guess they want to boost their demo numbers to still justify having an SU demo only area eventhough it no longer has the same ties to SU like it did from it's beginnings or with the prior owners. Unless you take yourself off, or do something to make somebody mad, you can usually stay with access to that side for years. There are lots on this site who haven't been demos for a long time, aren't moderators for that side, and are on this site a lot who still have access. Ones who have very publicly on this site or on their blogs have stated that they quit being demos. They make you prove your a demo to join initially but don't do much to get rid of your access when you're not one anymore.

You can click on your name at the top of the page and it will take you to your site information. On the left hand side of that page there's a link that says group memberships. If you're a member of a group already, when the membership list pops up to say "join a group", there whould also be something where you can click to un-join the groups you have membership to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

For those on the fence, SU has a promo for Sale-a-Bration...15% off the starter kit! (Total would be $148.75 USD) That discount plus the addition 10% off the first order is a great time to join! SAB = more free stuff!! (And demonstrators earn free things based on their SAB sales so you could get even more free stuff!!)

(Not sure if the promo will help you decide or not!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyliskView Post
For those on the fence, SU has a promo for Sale-a-Bration...15% off the starter kit! (Total would be $148.75 USD) That discount plus the addition 10% off the first order is a great time to join! SAB = more free stuff!! (And demonstrators earn free things based on their SAB sales so you could get even more free stuff!!)

(Not sure if the promo will help you decide or not!)
Thank you Stacey! I know it's the best time to join, but I would rather do it all over again...... under a new upline.
Reply With Quote Likes