Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Separation of SU! stamps....a SIN???

Hi all
Waanted to know what you think of separating your SU! stamps...by sentiments....and dare I saay, "mixing" them with non SU! Stamps? I am no longer a demo...sold most zll of what I don't want, and really want to make use of "ALL" the stamps I have! Right now the non SU! Never get used cuz they're not exposed or visible... OPINIONS please!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

HELP?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it!

It's liberating.

Seriously, if you're not using them because you can't see them, then you need to change up how you store them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

I have my non SU stamps sorted by categories, and stored in the clamshell cases, so it's easy to find what I need for a project.
I like to keep my SU sets intact- I'm just a "whole set" kind of gal.

Sounds to me like you really just need to figure out a system that makes sense to you, and organize your non SU stuff. If it's stored in a way that makes it easy to find- like themes, holidays, words, or whatever, then you'll be able to use ALL your stamps.

I will, occasionally, stick a non SU stamp into a SU set clamshell, if I find it goes really well with that set.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Exclamation

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
Do it!

It's liberating.

Seriously, if you're not using them because you can't see them, then you need to change up how you store them.
So, Oddesigns, Tell me what you did? If you don't mind?! I'm soo tempted and yet just a "wee bit hesitant" and yet, what you said, "It's liberating" was "THRILLING" to read! That's exactly what I want!! A way to FULLY UTILIZE ALL the stamps that I own!!!

Just searching for all ideas/opinions in this area!!!

TIA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Here's my wood mounted stamp cabinet.

And here's an open drawer.

I group the stamps in categories like "Baby" "Birthday" "Nature" "Animals" and so on. I don't care who makes them, if they are baby-themed, they go with all of the other baby stamps.

You can see from the open-drawer image that I even took a single SU! stamp that had several lines of words, and cut the single stamp up by line. I mounted each line on its own jenga block. Now that's some serious heresy. :p

Oh, and my clamshells are safely stored in a giant plastic bin in the basement, with an index to the set in each clamshell. This makes it easy if I ever need to reassemble a set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I have started stamping all my images on white cardstock and putting in 4x6 photo books. That way I can leaf through the photo books, find the stamp I want before I start digging through them all. I pretty much know where they all are, it's just like you said, if you can't see them, you don't think to use them. Now I can see them and decided before pulling them out.
Oddesigns, I love your cabinet with drawers! I would seriously consider taking my SU ones out of their plastic boxes if I had something like that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Oddesigns and Muscrat!
I am very reassured about splitting up my sets....afterall, it would be for MY PERSONAL USE....to heck with the "rules"!!! I suppose if I ever want to sell, I can "attempt" to put them back in sets...but that will be a "cold day in....." I figure I've got at least 40+ years of stamping time left in my life...so I'm splitting 'em up!!!!!!

I am out to find a cabinet like your's though Oddesigns!! LOVE it!! and my new "studio" has room for it!! can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

ah not sure if i have photos anywhere ( rearranged my space again all day sunday) because, i found an legal 4 drawer file cabinet ( old ) for 5.00 at an yard sale last friday.
I have an weakness for old metal things...

at any rate the Iris brand project cases fit into legal file drawers, and my stamps have been sorted by theme for a good 8 or more years so regardless of mfg info... I think it makes it much easier to see what you have and use it this way. have fun!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
ah not sure if i have photos anywhere ( rearranged my space again all day sunday) because, i found an legal 4 drawer file cabinet ( old ) for 5.00 at an yard sale last friday.
I have an weakness for old metal things...

at any rate the Iris brand project cases fit into legal file drawers, and my stamps have been sorted by theme for a good 8 or more years so regardless of mfg info... I think it makes it much easier to see what you have and use it this way. have fun!
photos on your blog? off to check
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I keep my SU sets together but other stamps I store like this. I keep my stamps in drawers too. And I list them in a binder.

Here is another thread on this subject you might enjoy reading.
To break up or not to break up? That is the question....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Another suggestion would be to write the set name on one end of the wood (example.....Refuge & Strength 1 of 7) that way if I ever wanted to put the set back together to sell I would know how many stamps to look for to complete the set.

My blog: http://www.cindyscreativecorner-cindy.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm WAAAYY too retentive to separate my sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinman1964View Post
Another suggestion would be to write the set name on one end of the wood (example.....Refuge & Strength 1 of 7) that way if I ever wanted to put the set back together to sell I would know how many stamps to look for to complete the set.
What a GREAT idea!! It amazes me what other people come up with! Sometimes so "simple" but my brain would never have thunk it up!!!
Thanks a TON!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Does anyone know if there is a file anywhere that has pictures of SU stamps for indexing? I would like to keep a binder with a picture and name of each set but was hoping I wouldn't have to stamp each and every stamp. I am going to have to do that with my individual Inkadoo and other stamps and that will take a while.

What is a "clamshell case?" I have heard the term and am assuming it is the plastic case that SU stamps come in. Am I right?

Last edited by muscrat; 01-12-2011 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Added a question...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

I am in the process of separating all of my SU sets. The part that takes the longest is marking the sets. I put the set name and 1/4, 2/4 etc. on each stamp before I move it to its new location. I am separating them into the Stufftainers that Stampendous sells. I got the idea from SweetMissDaisy, Anna Wight. Check her gallery for pics of her sets. I put one in my gallery yesterday. I am loving it. I can't believe how many Christmas sentiments I have. I will never have to buy another one. Good luck with whatever you do.

Debby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Does anyone know if there is a file anywhere that has pictures of SU stamps for indexing? I would like to keep a binder with a picture and name of each set but was hoping I wouldn't have to stamp each and every stamp. I am going to have to do that with my individual Inkadoo and other stamps and that will take a while.

What is a "clamshell case?" I have heard the term and am assuming it is the plastic case that SU stamps come in. Am I right?
I generally photocopy the label page before I assemble the stamps. Instant index page! I put that page into the clamshell case, so when I'm rummaging through my giant bin of empty cases I can find the one I need easily.

For already assembled sets, I've copied pages from the catalog.

You may also be able to print the index image from the SU! gallery here.

And yes, the clamshell case is the plastic case. I never liked storing my stamps in the cases, even when I kept my sets together. They are a HUGE waste of space, both inside the case and that lip on the outside.

For my index binder, I actually stamp each image individually. It will take time to get started, but once you have the binder going it's a snap to add new stamps.

This allows me to keep my image categories intact, put an image under several categories if it fits, and see how well it stamps or if the image is crooked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

[QUOTE=Oddesigns;17801788]I generally photocopy the label page before I assemble the stamps. Instant index page! I put that page into the clamshell case, so when I'm rummaging through my giant bin of empty cases I can find the one I need easily. QUOTE]

Oh I wish I had thought of that when I started! That's a great idea. I did think about copying the picture from the catalog and may have to do that, but I will check the gallery as you suggested first. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #19  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I separated most of my SU stamps into drawers of my craft organizer. I felt that I could safely sort the sets that I know for sure I would keep for a very long time, ie trees, leaves, butterflies and flowers. I can then take the whole drawer and look at all the images I have or the stamped index page I made to see what inspires me. I didn't want to have any more images than the 12 x 12 drawer holds so I don't get so bogged down with too many images to make a choice. So far this is working for me. I have now come to the point that a new SU catalogue does not make me slap down the money so quickly anymore.

Another garage sale is happening this April and I have already made up some bags of stamps that came with a set that I do not use at all. It just frees up space. I am one of those people that is not lucky reselling my stuff at a great price so just to get unused stuff out of my craft area is more freeing for me.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I separated my sets and LOVE it. It was so easy making Christmas cards (when the urge finally hit at 9pm Dec. 21). I keep them sorted in Stampendous thicker storage containers. I have a nice white label running up the side the long way and they are stacked nicely on my shelf (I got the idea from another stamper here)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Default separating sets

For those of us with extremely little room to stamp, breaking up the sets and having no wood is great. I have always had my stamps in groups and can just take the containers out for what is being looked for. With the SU ones, even though I am new and do not have many, it does not make sense to have to open different sets to use for a birthday or whatever.
So, i stamped each set on a paper page and inserted in the files with all the others that have been purchased from wherever over the years, and then when wanting to know what set it came from or put together for any reason, it is simple. Look for the birthday cake page, pick the stamp and you know the set.

now to find the cases like some of mine are in to use for unmounting the rest of mine that are wood. And the cling. just my 2� worth,,. If I find those envelopes or double up in the SU cases the room for storage will be wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I separate my SU sets and also mix with nonSU stamps. I group by category.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

if you have a scanner/copier/printer all in one system you can place the stamps on the copier and copy them. That way you get the image without all that stamping. takes up alot less time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

I do have a scanner/copier/printer so I may give that a try. But also found the Index gallery here on SCS! Am trying to figure out how that might help...

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

FlyGirl, I'm not a theologian or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's not a SIN! And I plan to do what SweetMissDaisy did -- my stufftainers just arrived! I'm going to sort by holiday first, then maybe theme -- I'm not sure I'm as smart as she is to do it by art type, but who knows, maybe by the time I get there it will be obvious with the remaining stamps! Tons of great ideas in this thread ladies, I'm glad I found it -- and of necessity, I am consolidating -- space purposes so I'm forging ahead!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairygirlmichelleView Post
if you have a scanner/copier/printer all in one system you can place the stamps on the copier and copy them. That way you get the image without all that stamping. takes up alot less time.
I agree. That's what I have been doing for a few days, but I still have yet to separate them. I think I'm going to scan 'em all first, see what I've got and devise a great indexing system.

=============================

In addition to my picture-less Excel database spreadsheet (too many pics and it crashes), I am looking into getting a custom die made to roll through my GrandeMark of a perfect rectangle of 7" x 4.75" (preferably an acrylic or pin die), so I can print and then accurately die cut the index page (image sheet) for my Super King DVD cases I have on order --- those of you w/ a digi cutter that have a "print & cut function" could do it all at one time.

But placing an image sheet in the DVD case is not all I want to do. I think I will be making a semi-redundant physical index as well with the images I find on-line or have scanned. I imagine a binder, I imagine images, but I also imagine stamp data (OCD rears here).

I would like create a design (for my DVD and binder) w/ continuity in either PSCS4 or PSPP13, add my images, then add some text info about each image ...

Mfr, is it part of a set?, if yes - which one, stamp ID number (i.e. SWL863), set #-of-#, type (red rubber / clear), UPC (I know, OCD), year produced or copyrighted, graphic ref. (BBP-SWL863-C-S.jpg), and whatever else I think might be pertinent.

I plan to unmount and separate by theme & sub-theme ...
Animals - Domestic - Cats
Holidays - Autumn - Halloween
... and so on ...

I also plan to intermingle my red rubber with my clear stamps (is that the biggest sin you ever hear of ...

BTW, has anybody seen the notice on the Sunday Int'l site --- you should not put EZ Mount cling on acetate, it will eventually create a PERMANENT bond.

Anyway, I'd love to hear comments on my plan (I have barely set in motion).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #27  
Proud Fan Club Member

I tried something tonight and I think I am going to love it! I found a link to the index gallery for SU stamp sets here on SCS. Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - galleryindex - Handmade Cards & Crafts I went to the gallery and copied each index card to a folder. Then I printed the sets on cardstock (nine pictures per page). I printed in grayscale to save color. So far I have 39 index cards printed on 6 sheets of cardstock. I am not done yet. I think I have at least 51 sets. The stamps that aren't SU, I handstamped and put into 4x6 photo albums. I think I am keeping my SU sets together after all....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Heart

Quote:

I tried something tonight and I think I am going to love it! I found a link to the index gallery for SU stamp sets here on SCS. Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - galleryindex - Handmade Cards & Crafts I went to the gallery and copied each index card to a folder. Then I printed the sets on cardstock (nine pictures per page). I printed in grayscale to save color. So far I have 39 index cards printed on 6 sheets of cardstock. I am not done yet. I think I have at least 51 sets. The stamps that aren't SU, I handstamped and put into 4x6 photo albums. I think I am keeping my SU sets together after all....
Sounds like you have a good plan ... I'd love to see your finished project

PS is your icon a boy or a girl ... my tuxedo is a girl, all diva, princess, tomboy, bully, love-biter, playful and lazy ... I so love her !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by twink-a-dinkView Post
Sounds like you have a good plan ... I'd love to see your finished project

PS is your icon a boy or a girl ... my tuxedo is a girl, all diva, princess, tomboy, bully, love-biter, playful and lazy ... I so love her !!
He's all boy! We adopted him from SPCA when he was about 7 months. Actually he chose us. Kind of flagged us down as we walked by his cage! Wakes us up in the middle of the night to play or eat! I posted a picture in another thread that shows how he loves to sleep on my craft table. It's right next to the computer, so while I'm on here typing posts, he will sit next to me and tap me on the shoulder for attention.

I wish I could post what I did with the index pictures, but I didn't save the file. Basically, I saved all the pictures that I wanted, then I selected all the pictures and clicked on print pictures. Then a wizard pops up and walks you through how you want them to print. I chose wallets, which puts 9 on a page. That's just the right size really. The thing that takes longest is going through the index and saving all the stamp sets that I own. From now on, I will copy the sticker that comes with the stamp BEFORE I put them on the blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:

He's all boy! We adopted him from SPCA when he was about 7 months. Actually he chose us. Kind of flagged us down as we walked by his cage! Wakes us up in the middle of the night to play or eat! I posted a picture in another thread that shows how he loves to sleep on my craft table. It's right next to the computer, so while I'm on here typing posts, he will sit next to me and tap me on the shoulder for attention.
Your fella is too cute!

I adopted my little survivor too from a local no-kill that I worked and fostered for many years ago. I remember getting the call; 3 kittens in a box in the rain. I called the foster coordinator at the time and against policy, she went and retrieved them. They were about 4-5 weeks old. One was deceased and another died on the way to the vet from the pick-up site. She was the last one standing. I ended up fostering her.

I had rescued another cat off the street (sewer diving), like over a year earlier (before I was at the shelter) and he was very shy. He would just start to come out from under the bed to eat when I was in the room. This little spitfire survivor got him to come out of his shell. Best of friends, I had to adopt her. He played the mommy role and she beat him up daily when she was a kitten (she grew out of that). Now he is the sweetest thing on 4 legs and so is she. Okay, I'm prejudiced, they all are!

Quote:

I wish I could post what I did with the index pictures, but I didn't save the file. Basically, I saved all the pictures that I wanted, then I selected all the pictures and clicked on print pictures. Then a wizard pops up and walks you through how you want them to print. I chose wallets, which puts 9 on a page. That's just the right size really. The thing that takes longest is going through the index and saving all the stamp sets that I own. From now on, I will copy the sticker that comes with the stamp BEFORE I put them on the blocks.
I know our systems will be a bit different, but it sounds like a really great idea.

Glad to meet another cat purrson!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Question

FlyGirlStamper - Have you decided what to do?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Hey Kathy, what a clever lady you are! I totally forgot about that list of index cards! I may do that too -- even though I'm committed to separating the sets for space purposes, I'll still have that list for reconstruction purposes! Definitely cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I wish I could post what I did with the index pictures, but I didn't save the file. Basically, I saved all the pictures that I wanted, then I selected all the pictures and clicked on print pictures. Then a wizard pops up and walks you through how you want them to print. I chose wallets, which puts 9 on a page. That's just the right size really.
This is awesome! I had no idea I could do this. It is sooo much faster than copying, pasting, saving, and resizing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. GBH

I got my Kala kitty because of a school project I did. We had to create a website with multiple pages and different types of charts and things. I choose the Bengal cat as my topic. I fell in love with them and eventually got Kala from a big cat rescue place. I know Bengals aren't big cats but that's where I found him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #34  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
This is awesome! I had no idea I could do this. It is sooo much faster than copying, pasting, saving, and resizing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. GBH

I got my Kala kitty because of a school project I did. We had to create a website with multiple pages and different types of charts and things. I choose the Bengal cat as my topic. I fell in love with them and eventually got Kala from a big cat rescue place. I know Bengals aren't big cats but that's where I found him.
The index page was suggested on another thread, but I came up with the rest of the idea on my own. Surprised myself! I just finished with all of my SU sets (51) and only found one or two that didn't have an index card. I plan to use a three hole punch and put them in a thin binder. I will probably just use my copier to copy the image sheet that comes with them from now on. Then I will put them on the blocks. I already had all mine labeled before I read on here that some do it that way. But it will be easier to keep up a set or two at a time. (Sale a bration is on so maybe three or four....);)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

It still amazes me that so many people act like SU is something special and the sets have to be kept together. I'm not passing judgement on anyone, but they're just stamps. The only time I kept my SU ones together was when I was a demo and kind of needed them together for workshops. Once I started separating everything out, the stamps got used so much more! I didn't have to pull out a ton of the boxes that took up so much room just to get the few stamps that I wanted. SU puts so many sets together that are multi-sayings or mult-holiday. Having them together meant that come Halloween or whatever, I tended to forget about those sets because the rest of my Halloween were altogether. Since I separated the sets, now all the Halloween are altogether and once forgetten (or just too hard to get to all of them) stamps get used. There are only a few sets that have stayed together and those are ones that the entire set had the same theme (such as Halloween, snow, etc.) or sets that I tend to always use together as a set. The best thing I ever did was separate out my sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Good to hear Geo! I think different people organize differently, so for some people it IS actually easier to keep the sets together -- for example, the easiest ones for me to separate and put into the stufftainers are my holiday ones that all relate anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
It still amazes me that so many people act like SU is something special and the sets have to be kept together. I'm not passing judgment on anyone, but they're just stamps.
I think some folks are worried if they get "published" or have a nice business based on selling finished products using the images of "angel companies" they must give credit to the stamp maker / designer / set.

I think others are worried about resale value. SU stamps do keep their value. However really rare PSX stamps are way more expensive.

But I am starting (not quite there yet) to agree w/ you ... "they are just stamps" ... but on the other hand, those of us who thrive on knowing "where did that image come from" - we just gotta know or it drives us crazy.

I am thinking about separating my sets (including Hero, Inka, SU and others) for better functionality.

Last edited by twink-a-dink; 01-15-2011 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it last fall, and am SO HAPPY I DID!!
Here are the photos/info I posted in my gallery:
Saving Space! (1) - Anna Wight by SweetMissDaisy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Saving Space! (2) - Anna Wight by SweetMissDaisy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Saving Space! (3) - Anna Wight by SweetMissDaisy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and more here:
Organizing... and dusting. - Sassy & Sweet Notes
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #39  
Hardware Hotshot

Recently I moved and when I put my sets back on the shelf I took apart about five sets. Mainly All Occasion sets that I forget about and that need to be in separate areas.

It was and still is a bit unsettling to see these stamps in the "wrong" place. I will use them more but I can't break up any more.

Someone mentioned on another thread about this topic that they are from broken homes....those separated sets ;)

I now have a large armoire(sp?) that my 100 sets are stored in. I now have sorted/stored them by theme...flowers, fall, Christmas, winter, valentine's day, birthday, coffee/tea, and general designs. This helps and stored in this amoire I can see them better. They are not stacked in groups of ten or any more. This cabinet is deep and I set them all the way to the back. I have very few that are stacked even two high. I love it! I hardely need my index binder now!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 01-17-2011 at 03:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #40  
Hardware Hotshot

I had never heard of the index gallery. How come they are not alphabetical? I've been working on stamping an index binder. I might be 3/4 done.....I might not ever use it now that I can see my sets.
Reply With Quote Likes