View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
jeffnval
Matboard Maniac

watercolor pencils look and feel just like regular colored pencils. They need to be sharpened. You can "draw" with them and then use a wet brush to color in and blend. You can also take your wet brush and tough the tip of the pencil and obtain the color that way. They dry a lighter shade of the wet color.
The water color crayons-OMG- look and feel like a reg. crayon. You can also draw with them and then use your wet brush to blend. you can also bring your wet brush to the tip and gain color that way. The dried result is usually more vibrant and bolder than the pencil. I think it is because the pigment is in a higher concentration. They do need to be sharpened like a reg. crayon but not as often. They do have a paper wrapper around them. I do like that the color is through and through...no wood casing.
With both methods, you can also use your blender pens. This is esp. useful for tiny areas and small line are images.
I have recently heard about INKTENSE and as soon as my budget allows...I want to give these a try as well.
Hope this helps,
Valerie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!