Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts
Default The Best and the Worst

What was the best Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift you ever received? What was the worst?

The best one I ever received was my engagement ring 23 years ago. The best craft gift I ever got was my Cricut. (It was the little one, and I upgraded to the Expression a year later for my birthday.)

The worst Christmas gift I ever received was a re-gifted condiment set that we had given to my cousin, and that he and his wife gave to us the following year. Really - if you're going to re-gift, make sure you give it to someone else. Unless you're like me, and you re-gift it to that person yet again with a very special message attached: "We hope you enjoy this set as much as we enjoyed the one you gave to us last year." Was that wrong?? :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm ... most of my gifts have been really good (lots of jewelry and craft items) but I think the kitchen plague that states "I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning ... just not as it applies to me" was the most perfect. It was given to me by my DH's nephew and his girlfriend a few years ago.

I really cannot think of a "bad" gift but most clothes I receive do not fit properly so I prefer other items (and cash fits all sizes).

PS - I love the message you attached and think it was a wonderfully appropriate sentiment.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best was probably a "real baby" baby doll I got when I was little. It was one of the last things I remember getting from both my parents (the got divorced some time after that) and I had REALLY wanted that doll. They gave it to me on Christmas Eve too which was a big deal....we never did that. Dad went back in the house before we left for the church service (of course I didn't know that back then, hehe) and left it out for me to find when we got home. I was small but I can remember walking in and finding and unwrapping it!

Best craft gift is a tie. Back when I dated my old boyfriend his family got together and got me a bunch of SU stuff I had wanted (pre-demo) and then my DH got me my big shot last year:-)

Can't think of a worst Christmas present but I do have a worst birthday gift...my step mom gets really random stuff for me instead of things I actually ask for and I OFTEN get things like paper plates, napkins, and cups in holiday themes as gifts, no lie! BUT what takes the cake was the year they gave me a emergency car kit, first aid kit (yeah practical but still annoying to a college kid who wants STUFF I'll actually use and actually asked for) AND freaking CHRISTMAS wrapping paper....like a huge bag full....in February..............

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member

Last edited by Minders; 11-29-2010 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Well, there was the year my MIL gave us 2 folding metal chairs for Christmas.......don't know WHAT she was thinking.

Best gift........hard to say. I've had so many wonderful gifts over the year. My favorites were the hand made gifts my kids made in grade school.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Oh, man, you ladies are making me laugh with tears in my eyes! Roxy, I think your children's gifts have to be the best of all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #6  

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

My best gift was a teddy bear I got from my daddy for Christmas when i was 10. He died a few months later. I still have the bear, well loved that he is.

The worst (though he had great intentions) was the 200 gig hard-drive that DH got for my computer...my pc was so old it didn't know how to recognize that much memory. What really sucked was that it wasn't returnable or even exchangeable. He finally got to put it to use about three years later on a pc he rebuilt for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxy64View Post
Well, there was the year my MIL gave us 2 folding metal chairs for Christmas.......don't know WHAT she was thinking.

Best gift........hard to say. I've had so many wonderful gifts over the year. My favorites were the hand made gifts my kids made in grade school.
Did you at sometime, maybe, in a round about way, had company over with her there and not have enough seating, that she could have POSSIBLY gotten that you needed or wanted that "extra" seating? LOL! Maybe she [I]thought[I] your "needed" it one time when she was over. Mother-in-laws, you gotta love em! I try to be a better MIL to my one and only SIL and give my DD advice on how to deal with her MIL. Sometimes you just can't figure out what is going on in their minds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

BEST gift: Engagement Ring on Easter! (I've never had a WOW Christmas Gift...sorry!)

WORST gift: My Grandma always gives me random ugly crap that's suitable for someone her age with really bad taste (think big ugly green and red poinsettia table cloth with gold trim when I don't even have a dining room table!!) but the worst was a clay/porcelain/possibly plastic nativity set from the '70's.. I don't believe in Jesus/God Grandma!!! Her heart's in the right place, though. She is very sweet, it just makes me laugh sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

My Mother volunteers at Catholic Charities in their thrift store. She has a little hoarding issue (!) and collects things from there. Mind you, my parents are fairly well off, but my mother was poor growing up and feels she is getting a great deal on everything! Whatever makes her happy, right?

Anyway, every Christmas she gets us all something awful from the Catholic Charities Santa. You have to laugh! At least she has a sense of humor about that stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

My best xmas pressie was a wrapped box of kitty food - with note attached saying the kitten was in the spare bedroom.

The worse was a vacuum cleaner - what was the ex thinking ( no wonder he's the ex !) - did he think I was going to drag it from the box and zoom around the living room - on xmas morning ??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver unicornView Post
My best xmas pressie was a wrapped box of kitty food - with note attached saying the kitten was in the spare bedroom.

Cute, cute cute!

The worse was a vacuum cleaner - what was the ex thinking ( no wonder he's the ex !) - did he think I was going to drag it from the box and zoom around the living room - on xmas morning ??
And I was actually excited to get a vacuum from my mom one Christmas...because I needed one AND I had asked for it (I knew I was all grown up then, haha)...but I agree it would be crappy from a sig other:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

My DH *loves* to spoil me at Christmas, so I have many, many great ones. Last year I got a new car, a new couch, and a new L series camera lens. This year so far, I've gotten a new car, a 7 day Caribbean cruise, and a camers (small P&S for my purse). But I think my all time favorite was when he bought me a copy of Sleepless in Seattle. It was a lean year and we couldn't afford much but that was the movie we saw on our first date. It meant SO MUCH to me that he remembered that, even years later.

I think my worst Christmas gift was from an ex-boyfriend. He bought me new clothes, a new watch, new boots, and a new winter coat. He said that *somebody* had to show me how to dress right because obviously I didn't know how to do it myself. Yeah, that's why he was an ex right quick after that. :rolleyes:

My brand new blog: Tinkering With Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry doubleposted

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 11-30-2010 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: double post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
I think my worst Christmas gift was from an ex-boyfriend. He bought me new clothes, a new watch, new boots, and a new winter coat. He said that *somebody* had to show me how to dress right because obviously I didn't know how to do it myself. Yeah, that's why he was an ex right quick after that. :rolleyes:

LOL at that- and he probably didn't understand what the problem was either!
My best was two years ago when my now Beloved Husband bought me a Wolf adoption through Wolf Watch UK.Even he said he will never be able to top that as a gift.
Been to see him too, its based in the UK. Really strange thing about it, when I opened the folder, was the wolfs name was the same as my corgi's had been when I was a child- not something I'd ever mentioned either!
At the moment I can't actually think of a worst- I shall give it some thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

My worst was a crock pot from my ex after I saw a Victorias Secret box in our closet.

We were divorced in February.

Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Best: it is between the beautiful chocolate brown saddle I got for my horse when I was 10 or the 24" flat screen TV my dad gave me yesterday. (It will go in my craft room).

Worst: When I was 11 or 12, my mom and I got matching pjs from my grandma. At the time I thought it was the worst gift ever!! lol

Sort of off topic. When I was in high school, my family was very broke, and we couldn't give gifts or have a big holiday meal. We got home one day after school and there were 4 large grocery bags on the table. In it was enough food to feed our family of 3 for 2 Christmas dinners and some gifts all wrapped up with our names on them. My gift was a pair of earmuffs. My friends thought that was the dumbest gift, but I loved them!!!

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Some of my favorite Christmas gifts would be my iPod or my Mac desktop (Apple rocks!! ) But really the best gifts for me are just spending time together with family. Sharing stories, popping popcorn, watching movies...just can't beat those memories!!

And I really don't have a worst Christmas gift. Unless you count the whole box of crafting supplies that got me started on cardmaking - some people who shall remain nameless would probably say that was the worst gift they could have chosen for me, but that's beside the point ;)

Speaking of Christmas and spending time with family, have any of you seen the new movie 'Mrs. Miracle'? It looks like a good one to watch this time of year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
What was the best Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift you ever received? What was the worst?

The best one I ever received was my engagement ring 23 years ago. The best craft gift I ever got was my Cricut. (It was the little one, and I upgraded to the Expression a year later for my birthday.)

The worst Christmas gift I ever received was a re-gifted condiment set that we had given to my cousin, and that he and his wife gave to us the following year. Really - if you're going to re-gift, make sure you give it to someone else. Unless you're like me, and you re-gift it to that person yet again with a very special message attached: "We hope you enjoy this set as much as we enjoyed the one you gave to us last year." Was that wrong?? :p
absolutely not! lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry, long post;)
I have a tie for worst, on the same night.

I used to be obsessed with getting everyone the perfect gift for Xmas. About 15 years ago I took that obsession so far that by Christmas Eve I was having a nervous breakdown. So that night everyone loved their gifts, I felt great.
I opened mine.
My brother got me a pair of red leg warmers, I hate red anything (he knows that).
My best friend got me a 24 peice plastic tub set, I don't cook (she knows that)
I didn't feel so great after that. It wasn't that the presents sucked, but the fact that they obviously put very little thought into it. So next day I told everyone 'Let's not do presents anymore, too stressful'. Ever since we get together and enjoy the time we spend together and don't worry about presents. No nervous breakdown on Xmas for me..

The best was when my 3 year old nephew had his mother wrap his wubby wabbit for me because he thought I needed a special friend. That thing was chewed up and smelly but it brought such joy to my heart at his thoughfulness. I still have it wrapped in a plastic shoebox and he's 25 now. I take it out every Xmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #20  
Glitter Guru

Oh, ladies, please keep these coming. I'm enjoying your stories so much. I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampnf1nView Post
My worst was a crock pot from my ex after I saw a Victorias Secret box in our closet.

We were divorced in February.

Bonnie
Whoa. I'd be divorced too. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best: I'm too blessed to pick a favorite, but last year's cute little red laptop from my hubby (so I could blog at Barnes and Noble Cafe!) sure was sweet.

Worst: Can't think of one. My memory is extraordinarily selective, LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #23  

Best? The string of pearls DH gave me right after we moved into our house.

Worst? A tie between the homemade felted shapeless pink hat with brim (I cannot adequately describe the ugliness of this hat), and the serving tray with a cartoon rabbit on it after I had told people that I wanted serving pieces for Christmas. I set an elegant table, with china and crystal. What is a tin Bugs Bunny tray going to do for me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Christmas-Past Best: tons and tons of best Christmas presents over the years, mostly from my parents: The Littles dollhouse and miniature dollhouse sets, Fisher Price sets, Lego Castle and Town sets, <happy sigh>. I also remember one year my mom wanted to do a grand Christmas photo shoot so we wrapped up big empty cardboard boxes and posed with them (as if they were gifts). That was ultra fun too, 'cause I LOVED wrapping.

Modern-day best: my friends and in-laws letting me wrap their presents (that they're giving from themselves to someone else) for them. I LOVE wrapping. Also, any Christmas card. I love making cards (duh), but I also love looking at store-bought cards, and while most don't consider these actually presents, they are like little gifts for me.

Modern-day worst: okay, I'm going to sound like a Scrooge, but mostly anything that's not cash or a gift card. I'm very picky and usually don't like the items that people choose for me. I really do mean it when I say I don't WANT any presents. I keep them for a few months and then secretly give it to Goodwill. A few years ago, a co-worker got me a bag of Cheetos for Christmas, and I LOVED that. I told her in all seriousness that that was my favourite gift that year. (I do love Cheetos; I wasn't being sarcastic).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

I can think of a present that falls into both categories at the same time! It was a diamond and tanzanite necklace that DH paid about $1,200 for from a fancy jewelry store in the mall. It was thoughtful and beautiful, but I couldn't help but think, "Do you know how much stamping stuff I could have bought with that money?!!!" So I plastered a smile on my face, and said, "Oh, honey, you shouldn't have." (Little did he know I REALLY meant it! LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=
Modern-day worst: okay, I'm going to sound like a Scrooge, but mostly anything that's not cash or a gift card. I'm very picky and usually don't like the items that people choose for me. I really do mean it when I say I don't WANT any presents. I keep them for a few months and then secretly give it to Goodwill. A few years ago, a co-worker got me a bag of Cheetos for Christmas, and I LOVED that. I told her in all seriousness that that was my favourite gift that year. (I do love Cheetos; I wasn't being sarcastic).[/QUOTE]

YEAH...thought it was only me that felt this way! I've always felt guilty that this was how I felt....it's nice to know that I have a "kindred spirit" here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 05:06 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Bellegirl! I thought it was only me too! Welcome, kindred spirit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

One of my favorite gifts cost $5.00 from "Santa's Secret Shop" at my children's grade school a few years ago. Both my son and daughter shopped at different times with their grades and both came home with the same gift, a silver toned circle necklace that spelled "mom" all the way around and had little gems for the "o's". When they realized they both bought the same thing, they returned one and gave me the other from the two of them. It really looks real, I still wear it and get lots of compliments, people think it's white gold and diamonds! I just love that they both picked it for me.

Worst.....I'm still trying to think of one, I'm sure there's a doozy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

I guess the best would be mmmmmthat is a tough one, craft stuff ranks up there pretty good, jewelry is good too

But worst it funny, about 4 years in a row my MIL got a blue vest for me, all the same shade, after opening it the forth year in a row, my SIL finally said something to her, we had a good laugh, especially when she didnt believe she had done that, all I had to do waws go tot he closet and bring out the other 3, never worn. She got the hint, and took them all for herself

C

My Creative Side

Some days just look better upside down" Eeyore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #30  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

No one deserves the crockpot over Victoria Secrets....Ihave a temper and I would have dropped kicked his butt all the way to the Victoria Secrets store..hope your life is much better now and his isn't..............LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts

Best christmas gift: i am pretty easy to please- so i can't think of ONE that stands out because iam usually so happy with everything...My husband got me a GREAT paper cutter two years ago and it's my most used present by FAR!

Worst: again- i am always pretty happy- but last year my parents gave me a frying pan...(it was Paula Dean and it was Red- which i like) but i was like- Really?? A frying pan?
But i have to admit-it gets used all the time...and it was expensive...so i appreciate it anyway!! LOL
nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light. Luke 8:17
~Sara~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farmView Post
I guess the best would be mmmmmthat is a tough one, craft stuff ranks up there pretty good, jewelry is good too

But worst it funny, about 4 years in a row my MIL got a blue vest for me, all the same shade, after opening it the forth year in a row, my SIL finally said something to her, we had a good laugh, especially when she didnt believe she had done that, all I had to do waws go tot he closet and bring out the other 3, never worn. She got the hint, and took them all for herself

C
LOL_ this reminds me- my mom gave me a manicure set like three years in a row..(all different) but i was like- Okay- mom- i am GOOD on nail clippers and stuff!!
nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor anything secret that will not be known and come to light. Luke 8:17
~Sara~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #33  
Mad Swapper

I must start out with my worst. I think I was 15 or 16 and my grandmother gave me USED old lady bras. I was mortified that I opened the box and it had bras in it and even more shocked when I realized they were used and no where near the size I wore.

The best was a small brass candelabra that my boyfriend (now husband) gave me for our first Christmas in college. It was perfect and so "me" and I knew that anyone that could know me that well was a keeper. Now we are happily married 13 years and have 2 kids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #34  

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiMView Post
I must start out with my worst. I think I was 15 or 16 and my grandmother gave me USED old lady bras. I was mortified that I opened the box and it had bras in it and even more shocked when I realized they were used and no where near the size I wore.

The best was a small brass candelabra that my boyfriend (now husband) gave me for our first Christmas in college. It was perfect and so "me" and I knew that anyone that could know me that well was a keeper. Now we are happily married 13 years and have 2 kids.
Ok, I don't feel so bad about my Christmas wrapping paper for my bday in Feb...ewwwwwwwwwwwwww LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=Schweeda;17633491]My Mother volunteers at Catholic Charities in their thrift store. She has a little hoarding issue (!) and collects things from there. Mind you, my parents are fairly well off, but my mother was poor growing up and feels she is getting a great deal on everything! Whatever makes her happy, right?

Thanks for giving me my new favorite phrase - it totally applies to my messy little stamping room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been making Christmas cards today, and to find this thread... well, I'm really in the Christmas mood now! Thanks to the OP for starting it.

My best gift as a child was probably the little desk I got when I was 10. (Yes, I grew up to be a teacher!) My best as an adult was a Native American fetish necklace that I saw in a gallery in Cody, Wyoming on vacation one summer; my husband had it shipped to his office and kept it a secret until Christmas Eve!

My worst gift ever was athe elliptical machine that my husband got me a few year ago. I have a picture of myself on it, taken by my son, that I won't post here because my middle digit is up in the air as I'm working out on that *censored* machine. Yes, same husband that got me the necklace I love!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #37  
Mad Swapper

My best childhood gift would be hard to say: My Baby Beans baby doll, my Mrs. Beasley doll, or possibly Barbie's Dream House. (All SUPER gifts!!)

Present day best: my secret pal a couple years back gave me an Army scrapbook - my son is in the army and I was so touched I cried!

My worst gift: last year my father-in-law's girlfriend gave me an UGLY table runner from the thrift store in town AND it still had the $3 price tag on it! The price didn't bother me but the price tag still being on it did!! How tacky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post

Who cares if it was wrong??? It was FUNNY & a little genius (typing from the floor where I fell laughing so hard)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Some of these are so funny...and I'd love to find a kitten in my spare room.

I have such fond memories...when I was younger my parents and grandmother spoiled us and we got most everything on our Santa lists. I always loved getting new dolls and my Barbie dreamhouse. And one year I got the $100 roller skates that I just HAD to have. I lived at the roller rink in the 80's! ;)

WORST: My parents and I live close to each other and see each other quite often and spend the holidays together, my siblings live in different states and hardly ever come to visit. Anyway, a few years ago, while at my parents house, we were opening presents sent by my brother & SIL...my parents got pretty decent gifts. I finally found a single, tiny box among the pile that had my name on the tag. When I opened it I didn't even know what it was...it was a wooden clothespin (angel?) thing that was obviously purchased at a craft fair. TOTALLY useless, let alone plain ugly (and stupid). Not that I was looking for anything but I was so insulted. Everyone else was still opening and admiring their gifts and I was sitting there with this stupid clothes pin. I threw it in the trash with the discarded wrapping paper.

One of the BEST [sweetest] gifts I received was from my now stepson. Last year [before hubby and I were married - he proposed to me and gave me an engagement ring Thanksgiving weekend last year], I went over to his house to open gifts with him and his 2 sons (7 and 10)on Christmas morning. I had gotten a pretty ring and necklace from Joe and then the youngest handed me a tiny jewelry box that he had wrapped by himself. He waited anxiously while I opened it. Inside was a single penny just from him. The look on his face was the best gift of all.

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

The gift I remember the most is a doll I got when I was 5. She was a "walking" doll. The worst - so glad you're all sitting down - was a pair of lace panties (YES lace panties!) which had a tag on it from Macy's that said 3 for $20.00. My husband's wack job sister gave them to me. We don't exchange gifts. She was invited here for Christmas Eve a few years ago and I guess she looked around her house to see what she could give me. My other sister in law - the normal one - was standing next to me when I took the panties out of the bag and she couldn't help herself, she got hysterical laughing. I tried to act like those were the panties of my dreams, and said thank you.

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes