Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT121 ~ THIS BRIDGE IS A LEANIN' THE TOWNFOLK ARE STEAMIN'!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #121
THIS BRIDGE IS A LEANIN'
THE TOWNFOLK ARE STEAMIN'!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!

This is my story!

1. I know, I know....it's not a teapot! But look at these two! Such good friends, all dressed up for their special Teaparty! This week its not about the Teapot but about the Tea Party! And friends coming together for tea! Just by participating in Teapot Tuesday, even just once, you might as well call yourself a Teapotter, cuz the Teapotters will call you a Teapotter!! This week's is dedicated to the friendship of two women, one you know and one you don't know. But before we get to our tea, we gotta deal with a couple of bridge builders who guess what? Can't build a bridge!

2. Brice and Bricke Briccio of B & B Bridgebuilders were just b-poppin' young bustling boys when they were brought to the bunk house to bond with their neighbors big brood of burley buffoons. Much to their surprise these buffoons were quite wise! Turns out the talk of the town is pile of lies! To their delight, these boys do not fight! They are happy and fun and sing songs when they run! They sing about London and some sorta bridges. Up go their arms, and under they go walkin'. Down with their arms, held tight so they're lockin'. Then they just wiggle which makes them all giggle! By the end of the day, they just wanta stay! That's the first day, it was London Bridges all the way!

3. You won't be surprised to hear that when the boy's cousin Stan, moved to a place called London they came quickly. Finally, this was their chance to start their new business! But after following Stan's directions to London, they were still in the states! Hmmm....... Meet Hector, the Bridge Inspector! Dude, didn't you say B & B Bridge Builders is highly recommended with tons of experience with London bridges? This bridge is a leanin' and the townfolk are steamin'! We gotta create a diversion, so the townfolk won't see how long it's gonna take us to get this repaired! What's your plan, Stan?

London bridges falling down, falling down, falling down.....
London bridges falling down, my Fair Ladies!

Visit us and bring your tea, bring your tea, bring your tea!
Visit us and bring your tea, my Fair Ladies!

Then the townfolk will not see, will not see, will not see!
Then the townfolk will not see, my Fair Ladies!

4. The London townfolk love teaparties! Go figure! Someone makes mention of an afternoon tea and the people get so excited that some of them pee! (This teaparty has an R rating this week!) An afternoon teaparty won't quite work, they need at least a week for their repairs! The two ladies up at the Tea House is the place to start but they will need some reinforcements (us!) because tea for a week is not for the meek! Some hints for our success! These teaparties are fancy, dress your best, pinky up, rich and fabulous food, good company, prim and proper behavior (Bertie, can you handle that?) and beautiful surroundings in the London's finest Tea House!

5. Okay, girls, look at this picture of the Tea House Ladies when they were just kids! Bring victorian, fine china, lace tables cloths, nice silver and floral tea sets. Bring feminine, fancy, sophisticated and fine! Bring roses and pearls, lace and taffetta. Bring ruffles and collars and fine patton leather! Bring your fanciest jewelry, your fanciest hat! Bring colors of red wine, burgandy and some pink. Some ivory, soft white and a smidge of silver. Just look at this picture, each girl in her hat, bring THAT!

If you happen to have a hubby/boyfriend who can fix a bridge, please bring him but he has to come in the back door. Once we feed him, he's off to join the other 42,000 men with their bridge repairs! And watch his feet, don't be tracking mud in!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #121:
This week's destination is London, Ohio! Our cards will be sent to Brenda who not only needs a little support and cheering up, but we are going to surprise her by throwing a week long teaparty for her birthday which is December 11th!

This destination came to me as a result of a message from a fellow SCSer and a newbie Teapotter, Faith (Yabbadodo) ! She brought to my attention the story of Brenda, a woman who is battling cancer, in the thralls of chemo, who recently had a mini-stroke, and 10 years ago had a double masectomy! When I contaced the SCSer who's friend this woman was, it turned out to be a Teapotter, Tina (GardenDiva)! Its such a small world!! Brenda and Tina are very good friends and teaparties are close to their heart! As a matter of fact, they ARE London's Tea House Ladies! Together the host fabulous teaparties in Brenda's Victorian house. But this year they have been unable to host many teaparties for their community because of Brenda's health! Brenda looks forward to getting better and getting back to her teaparties with her good friend Tina!

For more information including Brenda's address as well as some pictures of Dolly's Tea Parlor and the story of the real life *London Teaparty Ladies*, visit Post #(156) in the The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Brenda. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is a wonderful sample card made by Faith (Yabbadodo!)

Here are two wonderful sampe cards both made by Tina (GardenDiva). Here if the first one and here is the second!

Here is my card.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #121 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT121 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT121 ~ THIS BRIDGE IS A LEANIN' THE TOWNFOLK ARE STEAMIN'!-teaparty_inspiration_the_teapot_by_mothermark.jpg   MMTPT121 ~ THIS BRIDGE IS A LEANIN' THE TOWNFOLK ARE STEAMIN'!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-29-2010 at 06:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hskelly ~ 11/24

Happy Birthday Dear Harriet!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday Harriet! You better get your fill of birthday cake in before Thanksgiving! Better to be full of birthday cake than full of turkey! Tee heee! Make your family spoil you!! Big time!

Best wishes and many happy birthdays to come!

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-23-2010 at 02:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 407 Likes on 353 Posts

Looking forward to a tea party in that great Victorian house! Those are some tempting tasties too! My card will be in tomorrow's mail. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

TEA FOR BRENDA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Here is my London Teaparty!

What fun, going to London! Will be sending my card off to Brenda! Are we supposed to wait till next week, or go ahead and mail them now?

Thank you Cindy!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #5  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

I wanted to get here early before cindy ate all the cookies!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for looking!!! my card
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Sallie! Thanks for mailing your card off to Brenda!

Hi Sharon! You can mail now girlfriend! We don't have to wait for the date! Thanks for making a special card!

Nancy, too late! Snort! What? Do I have crumbs all over my chin???? Thanks Nancy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #7  
BRAK Alumna

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my sample card Mudder. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks so much for asking me to do a sample.

MMTPT121, Rose's Teapot by yabbadodo - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tfl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #8  
Inky OceanGazer

here is mine....

CHOCOLATE FOR TEA

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

My camera battery died so won't be able to post til the morning. Will someone save me a cookie and spot of tea, please?
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Here is my card...a Pink Bonnet for the teaparty...
MMTPT121, Pink Bonnet for the Tea Party by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
It's very late where I live, so I need to shut off the computer and turn in...will comment tomorrow...I took just a quick peek at this week's cards....and from my quick look the card looked so pretty this week, can't wait to get a better look...Thank you Cindy again for a great tea party.
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here are my Tea House Ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #12  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Phew, I am glad I didn't try taking any ideas from the sneak peek, I'd have been barking up the wrong tree altogether. Hope to be along later with something suitable and some baked goodies for the Tea House.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

I will be delivering the roses for the teaparty friends. My husband is heading home so he will stop on his way through and help the other 41,999 men fix the bridge. Someone needs to warn the guys at B & B Bridge Builders that my DH is the Gordon Ramsey of construction. The girls will never have to worry about that bridge again. I am also bringing a ton of prayers for our dear friend...Brenda. Huggggs

Click here for the roses

Last edited by DellsDani; 11-23-2010 at 02:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I gotta go wipe up the mess Bertie made with the sugar cubes, but here's my card for now: Bertie Behaves?
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 744 Likes on 355 Posts

Here's mine for Brenda. MMTPT121, CC298 RED for a Change! by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

No poem today. Mom is on her way for the holiday, and she is bringing all her cards so far. She will get the rest when she goes back home. She was so surprised, and has been thrilled to receive all the mail. She calls every day when the mail arrives, and reads the names to me. I'll take a pic of her today with all her cards. They have been covering her dining room table, where she can see them every day. You teapotters have made her so very happy! MM, I can't thank you enough!! Hugs, love, snugs......Anne

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I was in London a few weeks ago I discovered, to my dismay, that I had forgotten to bring my invitation to tea with the Queen so I did not get to go... but I should be able to think of a card for today. But first I have things like unpacking, laundry, and a mountain of mail to take care of! so much to do and so little time...

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT121 I'm ready for Tea! by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 04:16 AM   #18  

Sorry, I'm late...battery died on camera last night.

Here's my Time for a Teaparty
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love tea parties and the photos MM showed us just whetted my appetite for a good party and all those delicious looking goodies!!

A Teapotter's Tea Party by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #20  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's my card

Might be back with a poem later

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

First off...thank you for all of your kind comments everyone. Second....Nancy..as my husband tells his guys...measure twice cut once...I have heard that so much omg..I think about it when I am cutting a cake or pie...lol..so yes the two would get along great...Is your hubby a perfectionist in other areas as well? Mine..takes 1/2 hr to vaccuum one room. OMG bout drive me crazy...lol...but I appreciate that he even does it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

ooops I forgot to tell MM my card is in the mailbox going to Brenda.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

I went with "punny" this week. Here's my card: Did someone say Tee Time?

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Happy B-day Harriet!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

Well - it was a slow plod for me to the teaparty today with many breaks and interruptions - but here it is in all it's glory - ready to go postal to Brenda! MMTPT121 Just My Cup of Tea CC298 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Cindy and all you wonderful teapotters................I'm overwhelmed with gratitude over the fantastic cards you all have made for my dear friend Brenda. She's an amazing woman. She has diabetes, kidney stones, had a double masectomy 9 years ago and this year we are fighting ovarian cancer. Had a full hysterectomy the 2nd of June and we are in chemo mode now. She could be the poster child for postive thinking. No matter what is happening in her life she fights it head on and doesn't worry. Judy, Brenda's sister and I worry enough for all of us. We've missed out on having our tea parties this year but will make up for it when she is better. I will be so thrilled to look at all of your wonderful creations in person...........will take pictures and share with you all.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
HUGS & Blessings to all

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm glad I already uploaded my card! I'm finally getting a minute to link it.

I hope Miss Brenda likes it.

Happy Birthday, Hskelly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #28  
101 Airborne

I hope Brenda enjoys all of her cards from the wonderful and talented teapotters. Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Hope to join the party this weekend. Too much going on the next few days... Sounds like a fun time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #30  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Well, Cindy, I made it to the party! You'll recognize the stamps!
Tea-rriffic! (MMTPT121) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just stopped in to say hi to everyone and to tell ya'll I miss you!!! Huggggssss....oh and man Brenda is going to get some beautiful cards. Absolutely gorgeous, great job ladies!!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had to put off making my pumpkin roll to have some fun with this. Here's my Call to Tea. I'll be back in a day or so to comment - gotta get the baking done!!! Oh yeah, and a turkey too!

Happy Thanksgiving
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #33  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

I think I needed a translation this week, my brain is in very low gear.
But here I am, and it will go in the post to Brenda tomorrow.
Another week I've forgotten a title, too, I've just noticed. See, I said I was in low gear..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #34  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning teapotters. I hope everyone has a great day. I finally finished posting my first swap. Now the rest of the day will be cleaning, cooking and shopping. Can ya'll believe it...ThanksGiving already??? Man how time flies. BTW I am loving all the teaparty cards. There are some really good ones this round.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my card.

Friend to Friend
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hawk...I just tried to look at your card but all that comes up is an x. ???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DellsDaniView Post
Hawk...I just tried to look at your card but all that comes up is an x. ???
It worked for me. Is anyone else having problems with it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my card for Brenda and the tea party: MMTPT121 Tea Time For Brenda by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Better late than never! Hope everyone that celebrates had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye StamperView Post
It worked for me. Is anyone else having problems with it?
It works for me! Dani....you might have to clear your cookies! No, not those kinda cookies! Your browsing history! Snort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #40  
Proud Fan Club Member

Cindy...I should have keep reading your post. I seen "clear your cookies" so I ran to the cookie jar right away and ate them all. Only to find that you meant on my puter. Oh man, here I thought you were giving me permisson to gordge on cookies. hehe Yes it worked thank you. Hawkeye, very nice card btw. In fact, there are some super nice ones this time. Oh who am I kidding, there are always super nice ones from this group. (pats self on back)...ok I think Dani needs sleep..lol

Reply With Quote Likes