Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT120 ~ ROUTE 66 IS OVER-RATED! 88 IS COMPLETELY SHADED!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #120
ROUTE 66 IS OVER-RATED ~ 88 IS COMPLETELY SHADED!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!

This is my story!

1. Hey girls, we gotta get back to healthy stuff at our teaparties! We've been eatin' too many cookies and cakes! Veggies, healthy stuff! Yah, we should do that? And having said that, just a reminder that the back door is the one we use when we are bringing something to the teaparty that we shouldn't be bringing! So, I will see you at the back door! My favorite are pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting! Woot!

2. I am a little worried about our destination this week. I had a big ole fancy travel bus rented for the week, complete with bedrooms, a kitchen, living area, hot tub, game room, sauna and customized stamp room (completely loaded) and then some heavy weight rock star moved in on me and doubled what I could pay! Darn it! Not much is available for 42,000 teapotters so it looks like we are hitch hiking girls, Teapot Tuesday style!

3. We are headed to Lynn, Massachusetts! Map Quest is confused! Or maybe I am. It says Route 66 will get us there but I since I have not been known as an up-to-snuff navigator, let's just map our own route! Since 88 is a very important number this week, we'll call it Route 88 !And you can bet we will make sure there are cool stops along the way and let's order lots of shade trees, okay? Route 66 is over rated, Route 88 is completely shaded! And we'll shop and maybe entertain ourselves as we go! It's a long trip by thumb! There's a famous yarn shop along the way for those of you who crochet. And no way! We're going right by the stadium where the RED Sox play! There's a world famous flower garden where world record irises are grown just up the road, and a couple of little hand made card boutiques just beyond that! We'll swing by the world's largest dark green Cadillac dealer and just this side of Lynn, there stands the highlight of our adventure, A Spoil An 88 Year Old Grandma For Her Birthday Shoppe which is world renound and underneath a bunch of shade trees! What an adventure, as Eula would say!

4. This is a whole new kinda teaparty. Since we are hitching it to Massachutsetts we must travel light so we will be making our cards for the teaparty along the way. It's your choice what to bring based on what is available along the way. You might bring something crocheted, maybe some RED Sox paraphernalia, some prize winning irises or beautiful flowers. How about a big fancy cadillac? And if you get to the end of our journey and haven't figured out what to bring, you can slip in one of the little hand made card boutiques or the Spoil An 88 Year Old Grandma On Her Birthday Shoppe and just bring a special card that strikes your fancy! Hitch hiking to a teaparty in Lynn, Massachutsetts! Piece of cake! Ooh, speaking of cake, bring that too!

5. If you bring a card with an 88 on it, you gotta come in the back door! Since the sweet treats will be back there, you just might wanna do that! Snort! Did you hear me say pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting were my favorite?

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #120:

This week's destination is Lynn, Massachusetts! We will be sending our challenge cards to the mother of fellow Splitcoaster/Teapotter, Anne Harmon (jdmommy). Anne's mom (Evelyn) is an avid stamper, a general crazy person and will be 88 years old on November 27th. She lives alone in her own home and makes cards for everyone! She loves to get them but most of her friends have passed away so she doesn't get many coming back at her in the mail. Well, we are about to change that this year with Evelyn's home in Massachusetts being the Destination Station this week!

The stops along the way to Lynn, Massachusetts has to do with some of Evelyn's favorite things. For more information including Evelyn's address visit Post #153 in the The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Evelyn. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is a link to the card Anne made for her mother. I stole it outa her gallery and am using it as a sample card! What a great poem too Anne!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #120 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT120 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT120 ~ ROUTE 66 IS OVER-RATED!  88 IS COMPLETELY SHADED!-iris-teapot.jpg   MMTPT120 ~ ROUTE 66 IS OVER-RATED!  88 IS COMPLETELY SHADED!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-22-2010 at 05:51 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JoJot ~ 11/16
Philsmom ~ 11/19

Happy Birthday Dear Joanne and Fran!

You birthday is here.....time to eat cake and kick anyone that says you can't! Make your family spoil you big time! Here is wishing you both a very nice day on YOUR day! Happy Birthday and many more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

MMTPT120 The Yarn Shop by I love rubber - Cards and Paper Crafts at SplitcoaststampersThe garden interested me but when I saw the amazing iris card that Cindy made - well let's just say I don't knowingly walk into something where I know I'll be shown up. Sports don't do it for me, so the yarn shop it was. I spent the day crocheting these little blooms.
Here is my "The Yarn Shop."
Cheers, Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

Here it is as promised, Cindy. Glad everything is going smoothly...other than losing our wheels to some rock group! This will be in tomorrow's mail for Evelyn. She sounds like one "with it" gal!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVELYN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am so excited to send a BD card to my cyber friend Anne's mom!! Here is my Happy Birthday Evelyn card. It will be in tomorrow's mail!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I am so excited to send this card to the mother of one of our own! Here is my card!
But I am warning you, I am coming in the back door! I wanted those sweet treats!

Thank you Cindy.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Here's my little posie for Evelyn...Hope her birthday is

Absolutely Fabulous!

PS- anybody see that American eagle ad on the L sidebar? what's up with that?
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #8  
101 Airborne

I almost didn't upload this card because there are already so many irises, we are going to need a refrigerated florist truck to get them all to Evelyn, so I thought of stamping a truck! But, as they say, the more the merrier! Here is my card. I hope Evelyn enjoys all of the wonderful cards. E-mail is amazing, but it is so much better to hold a card in your hands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey I found ya'll. Why do I have such a hard time finding the TPT challenge each week? (I'm blonde). hehe...Hi ladies. I will have my card up and ready to go tomorrow. Cindy, I love the teapot for this week. Of course purple is my favorite color. Hugs....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I have the Cadillac for the trip. It's a convertible; bring you hat as it might get a bit chilly with the top down! It's a really big car so I'm sure there's room for 42,000 tea potters!

Last edited by RJP111; 11-16-2010 at 01:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT120 Evelyn Loves Irises by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's my card for Evelyn..............right thru the front door. Irises all the way.
Hope she gets tons of cards.............this one will be on it's way TODAY !!!
Happy Birthday to your mom Anne,,,, Cindy you are the best............
HUGS & Blessings to all !!!

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 02:44 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have but one flower stamp so I had to stop off at the clipart store on my trip. Here's mine MMTPT120 Happy Birthday to Evelyn by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

Here's mine, Mudder:

Stained Glass Tulips
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #14  
*I stamp, therefore I am......*

thanks Cindy and all you teapotters! Here's Mine!!
today is a gift, enjoy every minute....

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more. ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 03:17 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

Here :
MMTPT120 For Mom, With Love! by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
is the card I made for Mom today (one of the seven I will send the week of her birthday).

I can't thank you enough Cindy for doing this. She will be overwhelmed!! When I woke this morning and checked, there were already 22 cards in the gallery. WOW!

Special hugs to you my friend!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Well - I'm having surgery on Wednesday (yes, tomorrow!) and I just didn't end up having enough time to make a new card for dear Evelyn - trying to get work set up for when I'm out and the house organized for when I'm home but laying low - but I'm sending her a card none the less, just one I already posted - so I won't put the Teapot Tues in the keywords - I had the pleasure of meeting Evelyn at a cookout this past summer at Anne's lovely home - and we also exchange our hand stamped cards from time to time! Evelyn is a wonderful card stamper - like her daughter!

So here's the card that is going postal today for Evelyn's 88th : TLC294 Wet Paper & No Words HYCCT03 by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I know she will just love all the cards that she receives!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning ladies, before I explain my card...Julia, I will keep you in my prayers. I'm not sure what type of sugery you are having, however, I will pray for a quick recovery for you.
Ok, here is Evelyn's 88th birthday card. It says "Happy Birthday" inside. My granddaughter drew the picture.

MotherMark, I tried to answer your pm, however, I got a message that said your in box is full.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's mine for this week, sorry no iris flowers... think I lost the stamp I had or included in blog candy last year!

Dancin' Daisies

Dancin' Daisies - inside
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

MM, sorry about forgetting the keyword. It's changed now. Yes my granddaughter is an artist in the making. It's funny she seems to be the only one in this family with that kind of talent. I hope Evely sees all her favorite things in the drawing. Hugs

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Having a hard time shaking this round of bronchitis. I will be sending Ms. Evelyn a card; just not up to photographing, editing and uploading. Lots of pretty cards in the gallery that she will surely love!
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Believe it or not, I actually made it to the party on time this week! I brought some irises for Evelyn - hope she likes them! Here is my card: CC297 MMTPT120 Happy Birthday, Evelyn by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Happy Birthday to your Mom, Anne! This is already on its way to her!
Thanks, Cindy!

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #22  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Here's to Evelyn,
how have you been?
Happy eighty-eight
we think you're just great.
Us teapotters worked hard
so you'd get lots of cards
Have fun & celebrate
for us please don't wait
cause we're hitchhiking
hope this is to your liking!

Here's my card

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #23  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

This one will stick out like a sore thumb among all those beautiful irises!!
I stopped on the way... (MMTPT120) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry I can't make to the party, but I'm send this card to Miss Evelyn.

My Blog Keep In Touch Stampin
My Gallery

My Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #25  
Inky OceanGazer

Here is mine.......

Happy B'day (to Anne's mom)
thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my card for today! Lovely how the color challenge was perfect for an iris!

MMTPT120 88 Birthday Wishes by Kathy LeDonne - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Come check out my Gallery and leave a comment!
FS465
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well believe or not...I FINALLY made it to a tea party.

Here is my teapot inspired card: PEONY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

Hey my card for the special friend!
thanks hotwheels
famous flower garden by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

So glad I am finally getting organized enough to play!! Here's mine:

FS197 Angela!!!!! by corinnamcgregor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Now off to mail it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #30  
Proud Fan Club Member

G'morning teapotters.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

I'm going to look through my "stash" for Miss Evelyn and send it out later today. I really miss joining in the Tea Parties but we've had 2 people quit at work so that leaves us a Mgr & a CSR short, just in time for the Holidays:(. There is no way we will get the spots filled, so, I've had my work load TRIPLE!! The $$ will be good but I won't have time to spend it :rolleyes:

I'm enjoying the posts and wonderful artwork. I guess because I'm going to have to work the day before Thanksgiving, thanksgiving itself and the day after, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve AND New Years Day (not to mention ALL the Weekends in-between) I'm starting to slip into a "Pre-Holiday Depression".

So glad I have all of you to have tea with. Keep up the GREAT work/fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #32  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like you need a hug..."HUGGGGG" ..my daughter is working all the holidays too. This is the first Thanksgiving and Christmas in 8 yrs that she was not able to do the cooking. She is very good chef. I hope my holiday meals turn out as good as what hers were.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*SView Post
I'm going to look through my "stash" for Miss Evelyn and send it out later today. I really miss joining in the Tea Parties but we've had 2 people quit at work so that leaves us a Mgr & a CSR short, just in time for the Holidays:(. There is no way we will get the spots filled, so, I've had my work load TRIPLE!! The $$ will be good but I won't have time to spend it :rolleyes:

I'm enjoying the posts and wonderful artwork. I guess because I'm going to have to work the day before Thanksgiving, thanksgiving itself and the day after, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve AND New Years Day (not to mention ALL the Weekends in-between) I'm starting to slip into a "Pre-Holiday Depression".

So glad I have all of you to have tea with. Keep up the GREAT work/fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the ((hug)) Dani.

I've been doing some major cleaning today, then I have to go to work. I just found out that I have Sunday off - the last one until after New Years, so we are going to go to the "Gaylord Texan" a hotel/resort here in -obviously- Texas. They have this HUGE ice sculpture show every year. Last year it was the Grinch and this year it's Charlie Browns Christmas. We will make a day out of it in Grapevine, the main street has old shops and is very festive as well, good family fun. I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully it will get the festive juices flowing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #34  

Whew....finally got the caddy shined and polished....do you have any idea how long it takes to polish all the chrome.....a loooooong time....but here we are..

MMTPT120, Hitchin a Ride by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Oh my - even cheating does seem to get me here on time! Creating the right card for a Red Sox Nation member really had me pondering but I think I came up with just the right card although I was hoping for a Big Papi card instead of this one

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

That sounds like it would be a fun day. Yay for having Sunday off. Enjoy!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*SView Post
Thanks for the ((hug)) Dani.

I've been doing some major cleaning today, then I have to go to work. I just found out that I have Sunday off - the last one until after New Years, so we are going to go to the "Gaylord Texan" a hotel/resort here in -obviously- Texas. They have this HUGE ice sculpture show every year. Last year it was the Grinch and this year it's Charlie Browns Christmas. We will make a day out of it in Grapevine, the main street has old shops and is very festive as well, good family fun. I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully it will get the festive juices flowing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my card.

Tea Party Irises
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this teapot! Here's my swirly pearly iris card!

Can I have a pumpkin cookie with cream cheese icing if I help answer the back door??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 AM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Note to self: Come back and look at the teapot thread once in awhile, goofball! Snort!

Sandi hang in there girlfriend! The holidays are busy times without your situation at work! Holy cow, that's allota working.....just get through this to a better spot in 2011. We love when you can come to the teaparty but if you can't we understand! Keep your chin up!!!! Thanks for digging in your stash for Evelyn!

Thanks to the newbies......thanks for the oldbies.......thanks everyone for playing along!

Mary Ann! Welcome! Oops...I ate all the pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting but I have a new batch in the oven.....while you are getting the back door I will frost them! Woot!!!!

Welcome Corrinna!!! Thanks for coming too! And mailing your card to Evelyn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe Evelyn won't mind continuing to celebrate her birthday. I'm late but here's my card:B'day for Evelyn by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers At least it will arrive before her 89th b'day!
Reply With Quote Likes