View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Post MMTPT120 ~ ROUTE 66 IS OVER-RATED! 88 IS COMPLETELY SHADED!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #120
ROUTE 66 IS OVER-RATED ~ 88 IS COMPLETELY SHADED!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion!

This is my story!

1. Hey girls, we gotta get back to healthy stuff at our teaparties! We've been eatin' too many cookies and cakes! Veggies, healthy stuff! Yah, we should do that? And having said that, just a reminder that the back door is the one we use when we are bringing something to the teaparty that we shouldn't be bringing! So, I will see you at the back door! My favorite are pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting! Woot!

2. I am a little worried about our destination this week. I had a big ole fancy travel bus rented for the week, complete with bedrooms, a kitchen, living area, hot tub, game room, sauna and customized stamp room (completely loaded) and then some heavy weight rock star moved in on me and doubled what I could pay! Darn it! Not much is available for 42,000 teapotters so it looks like we are hitch hiking girls, Teapot Tuesday style!

3. We are headed to Lynn, Massachusetts! Map Quest is confused! Or maybe I am. It says Route 66 will get us there but I since I have not been known as an up-to-snuff navigator, let's just map our own route! Since 88 is a very important number this week, we'll call it Route 88 !And you can bet we will make sure there are cool stops along the way and let's order lots of shade trees, okay? Route 66 is over rated, Route 88 is completely shaded! And we'll shop and maybe entertain ourselves as we go! It's a long trip by thumb! There's a famous yarn shop along the way for those of you who crochet. And no way! We're going right by the stadium where the RED Sox play! There's a world famous flower garden where world record irises are grown just up the road, and a couple of little hand made card boutiques just beyond that! We'll swing by the world's largest dark green Cadillac dealer and just this side of Lynn, there stands the highlight of our adventure, A Spoil An 88 Year Old Grandma For Her Birthday Shoppe which is world renound and underneath a bunch of shade trees! What an adventure, as Eula would say!

4. This is a whole new kinda teaparty. Since we are hitching it to Massachutsetts we must travel light so we will be making our cards for the teaparty along the way. It's your choice what to bring based on what is available along the way. You might bring something crocheted, maybe some RED Sox paraphernalia, some prize winning irises or beautiful flowers. How about a big fancy cadillac? And if you get to the end of our journey and haven't figured out what to bring, you can slip in one of the little hand made card boutiques or the Spoil An 88 Year Old Grandma On Her Birthday Shoppe and just bring a special card that strikes your fancy! Hitch hiking to a teaparty in Lynn, Massachutsetts! Piece of cake! Ooh, speaking of cake, bring that too!

5. If you bring a card with an 88 on it, you gotta come in the back door! Since the sweet treats will be back there, you just might wanna do that! Snort! Did you hear me say pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting were my favorite?

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #120:

This week's destination is Lynn, Massachusetts! We will be sending our challenge cards to the mother of fellow Splitcoaster/Teapotter, Anne Harmon (jdmommy). Anne's mom (Evelyn) is an avid stamper, a general crazy person and will be 88 years old on November 27th. She lives alone in her own home and makes cards for everyone! She loves to get them but most of her friends have passed away so she doesn't get many coming back at her in the mail. Well, we are about to change that this year with Evelyn's home in Massachusetts being the Destination Station this week!

The stops along the way to Lynn, Massachusetts has to do with some of Evelyn's favorite things. For more information including Evelyn's address visit Post #153 in the The Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Evelyn. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card.

Here is a link to the card Anne made for her mother. I stole it outa her gallery and am using it as a sample card! What a great poem too Anne!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #120 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT120 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
iris-teapot.jpg   badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-22-2010 at 05:51 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!