Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb On Cloud 9 VSN ~ Challenge MASTER Thread

Here is where you can find all of the challenges for the On Cloud 9 VSN, November 12-13.

The thread will be closed to chatter.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Default On Cloud 9 VSN ~ Challenge MASTER Thread

Title: Happy Christmas
Hostess: Carole (FibreJunky)
Keyword: NOV10VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, November 12
Time: 6:00 PM EST

In thinking about what puts me on cloud 9, I got to thinking about one of my favorite times of the year. And what makes me happiest? Well, Christmas, of course! I love the decorations, the music, the joy. People are nicer to each other. The looks on little children's faces warm my heart. And of course, we can't forget all of the wonderful food!

My challenge for you is to make a Christmas card, but I don't want any traditional Christmas colors. No sirree Bob! No green and no red.
Let's see what beauty we can create without 'em.

Chat thread HERE
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15th
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNA, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOV10VSNA.jpg (96.9 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-12-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: The Look, The Feel Of Clouds
Hostess: MelenaPrincess - Kimme
Keyword: NOV10VSNB
Day/Date: Friday, Nov 12th
Time: 7:00pm EST

When I think of angels I think of clouds, and when I think of clouds I think of cotton. I know that they are really just fog, but they look like cotton and in my mind that is what they feel like.

Your challenge is to make a card with cotton on it. It can be fabric, a cotton ball, flocking anything soft and cottony.

View the CHAT THREAD HERE
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Nov 15th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNB, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-12-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Every Cloud Must Have a Silver Lining
Hostess: ckbythesea - Carole K.
Keyword: NOV10VSNC
Day/Date: Friday, Nov 12th
Time: 8:00pm EST

I can still hear my mom singing Ella's "Meloncholy Baby" while folding laundry . . . she sang a lot while doing mundane tasks, of which there were a lot with four kids! Maybe the lyrics "every cloud must have a silver lining" struck a chord with her, maybe I'll ask her one day.

So the idiom of these lyrics is one of hope, of optimism, and we have silver, and a lining. Your challenge is to create a card with:

1. Create a card with a theme of hope, optimism, a better tomorrow.
2. Silver: use one or more silver embellishment: ribbon, hardware, foil; whatever you�ve got!
3. Lining: decorate the inside of your card with cardstock, images, etc. (not just a sentiment).

GO TO THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Nov 15th.

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNC 002.jpg (58.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by schirmcat; 11-12-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Glitter Guru

Title: Dressed To The Nines
Hostess: Vannessa, saffivort
Keyword: NOV10VSND
Day/Date: Friday, November 12th 2010
Time: 9:00pm EST

Well ladies (and gents) it's 9 o'clock and time for you to all get dressed up to the NINES!!! I love it when I have a special occasion to go to which means I can wear a posh frock! Doesn't it just make you feel so good when you wear fabulous clothes? And now's the time to make your card look good too.

This challenge is all about dressing your card up in rich, elegant colours, think deep reds, blues, purples and greens with a touch of metallics for your jewellery, so add a bit of gold, silver or bronze.

To really dress your card up to the nines you need to add some luxurious embellishments too, so I want to see satins, velvets, silk, lace and so on. You might even want to add an extra shimmer using some shimmer paint or glimmer mist.

I can't wait to see all the posh frock cards in the gallery!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday November 15th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSND, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSNDNOV2010 Friends til the End.jpg (60.8 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by pegmac71; 11-12-2010 at 05:04 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Title: Optimism
Hostess: Toni (ravengirl)
Keyword: NOV10VSNE
Day/Date: Friday, November 12th
Time: 10:00pm EST

Here we are on Cloud 9 and I am so happy to be here!

For me, happiness and optimism go hand and hand. "Every cloud has a silver lining" is a quote about optimism, or looking on the bright side of things. I turned this quote over and over in my head and my thoughts came back to my mother. Among many other things, she taught me the practice of optimism and tried to teach me to sew :(. My attempts at sewing are not pretty and I am working on it!

In honor of my mother, my challenge is...to make a card or project including silver and a line art image or silver and some kind of stitching. Your something silver can be card stock, ink, embossing powder, brads, eyelets, thread, etc. As long as it is silver in color, anything goes! A line art image should be an image with little to no solid areas. Your stitching can be machine stitching, hand stitching or faux stitching.

Have fun with this challenge! I can't wait to see all of your fabulous creations!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, November 15th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNE, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sillininghostessts.jpg (50.9 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by schirmcat; 11-12-2010 at 06:06 PM..
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Title: Thankful for...
Hostess: Lela, Serenity_Stamper
Keyword: NOV10VSNF
Day/Date: Friday, November 12th
Time: 11:00pm EST

When I think of clouds, I think of goodness and lightness and love and heaven... and then I think of how amazingly grateful I am. I am grateful for the people in my life, grateful for my stamps and my stamping community here on SCS, and grateful that I can spend time being creative.

My challenge celebrates Gratitude. Simply, the challenge is to make a "Thank You" card. Please take creative liberty to go where you go with this -- there are as many unique things and people to be thankful for as there are stampers playing in this challenge (and more!).

It's a great time here in the U.S. for this challenge, since the Thanksgiving holiday is right around the corner. However, I love Gratitude so much that I think it's a great theme for any time of year in any part of the world.

The dessert option, if you're in the mood for something yummy, is to personalize your card somehow.
My entry is the card that I am making for the loved ones in my life this Thanksgiving. I am personalizing each one. The card I loaded here is for my dear friend Betsy.

Maybe your personalization will include words... maybe it will include a little image that reminds you of your special someone.

I have also included a card that my sister (DorisOnTheLake) made. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for my sister. I already sent the personalized version of my card to her, letting her know how much I love her!

My hope is that you have fun, celebrate Gratitude, and BE YOURSELF!

Thank you for the honor and opportunity to be hostess tonight. And thank you for your participation on SCS!

Blessings,

Lela

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10PM EST ON MONDAY, NOV. 15th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNF , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thankful for.jpg (136.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg thankful for inside.jpg (1.7 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg thankful.jpg (41.4 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by pegmac71; 11-12-2010 at 07:04 PM..

Title: Nine Count
Hostess: pegmac71 (Peggy)
Keyword: NOV10VSNG1
Day/Date: Saturday November 13th 2010
Time: 12:00pm EST

Hi Kids!!
It is so awesome that you have decided to join us today for the On Cloud Nine VSN!! I am going to make this short and sweet so that you can get to working on your card or project. In keeping with the theme, here is my challenge for you:

Make a card or project that has at least nine things on it. You can add together colors, layers, stamp images and embellishments. For extra credit (what the adults call the "dessert option") add something you think of when you see clouds....fluffy, rain, ice, smoke, cotton candy, marshmallows, angels.....to name a few that I think of!

Got it? Good!!
I can't wait to see your creations!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSND, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Peggy
SCS Color Challenge DT/ Crazy4Challenges DT
Blog: Artfulljourney

Last edited by pegmac71; 11-13-2010 at 08:03 AM..
Glitter Guru

Title: Not a Cloud in the Sky
Hostess: al_silver2 (Alanna)
Keyword: NOV10VSNG2
Day/Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010
Time: 12:00pm EST

I love watching clouds...whether I am laying at the beach looking up or cruising high above in an airplane....there is nothing prettier than a clear blue sky with the tiniest wisp of cloud or a cloudy sky with a ray of sunshine peeking through. I have attached some thumbnail pictures below as examples.

To reflect the beauty of these two types of sky, my challenge is to make a card with lots of white space...(or blue space, or whatever colour you like space!) Just make sure that the majority of your design is "white space".

Here are some ideas to get you started: feature one of those tiny stamps in your collection, use some of the scraps you have left from your previous card or keep it simple with just a gorgeous sentiment...

VIEW THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday November 15th
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNG2, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOV10VSNG2card colourblock hello.jpg (31.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg blue sky.jpg (2.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg clouds with rays of sun.jpg (3.6 KB, 12 views)

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-13-2010 at 08:04 AM..
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Title: Temptations
Hostess: Jean (naturecoastcrafter)
Keyword: NOV10VSNH
Day/Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010
Time: 1:00 PM EST

I am one angel with a tarnished and crooked halo, not afraid of life's little temptations. . . which leads to my challenge. Do you remember "The Temptations"--the legendary Motown group famous for songs such as "My Girl" and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg?" They also recorded "Cloud Nine"--a song about getting away from hard times.
If you remember The Temptations, then you remember how they moved and grooved in unison--every finger, every hand, every foot, every muscle of the group moved in symmetrical vibe. I loved it! So get your groove on. I'd like to see you create a project where you use the SAME image at least THREE times as the FOCAL POINT of your project.

"Cloud Nine
You can be what you want to be, ah
Cloud nine
You ain't got no responsibility
Cloud nine
Every man in his mind is free
Cloud nine
You're a million miles from reality
Cloud nine
You can be what you want to be"

VIEW THE CHAT THREAD HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, November 15, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNH, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jhcvsnHmine.jpg (32.2 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-13-2010 at 09:05 AM..

Title: Floating Sentiment
Hostess: Denise, Resqbarbie
Keyword: NOV10VSNI 2 PM EST
Day/Date: Saturday, November 13th
Time: 2:00 pm EST

It's a beautiful bright spring day and you are in your favorite park, walking along. The air is your perfect temperature, you are wearing your favorite outfit and your hair looks awesome (you just got it done).

Now, look up in the sky.....ahhhh .... The clouds look beautiful. (Hey, that one looks like a Cuttlebug machine!) The clouds are so soft and billowy and....FLOATING in the sky!

Attachment 200791

My challenge to you is to make your sentiment "Float" like the clouds in the sky.

What does that mean, you ask? Well, your sentiment should be popped up and maybe it's floating over your focal image, or just to the side. You can also cut up your sentiment by the words and go totally scrappy with it! Just as long as it's not stamped on the focal image or background directly. "Floating" on top of the card itself!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNI , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

My sample:
Attachment 200790
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1255.jpg (38.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ts-7.jpg (11.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by pegmac71; 11-13-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Glitter Guru

Title: In The Air
Hostess: Robbie, Inky Fingers
Keyword: NOV10VSNJ
Time: 3:00 pm EST

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's your call!

There are many things "in the air". There are butterflies, birds, owls, trees, clouds, sun, planes...you can name hundreds of things I'm sure.

My challenge for you is to make a project/card that shows something you see in the air.

You can use stamps, designer papers, punches, chipboard, rub-ons; actually anything that you have that may represent things you find above you. You may choose whatever colors or layout you like. So let's have fun...the sky's the limit! Sorry, couldn't resist that one...

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNJ, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

My SCS gallery
Blog: www.stampingwithrobbie.blogspot.com

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-13-2010 at 11:05 AM..
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Post On Cloud 9 VSN ~ Challenge MASTER Thread

Title: What Puts You in the Clouds?
Hostess: Jimmi (jpmayo)
Keyword: NOV10VSNK
Time: 4:00 pm EST

One of the things that puts me on Cloud 9 is.......SHOPPING!
And I am serious, I get an actual shopping HIGH, it's an exciting and scary thing for my dh anyway, lol...

What HOBBY or ACTIVITY BESIDES STAMPING makes your heart race, skip a beat, lights up your face and puts a smile on it???

Make a card about that!

Have FUN!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNK, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsn.jpg (48.6 KB, 22 views)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-13-2010 at 12:07 PM..
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Title: Color Me Blue and White!
Hostess: Nancyk.
Keyword: NOV10VSNL
Day/Date: Saturday, November 13
Time: 5 pm EST

Since the theme for this VSN is Cloud 9, how about a color challenge?

My challenge is��for you to make a card using only blue and white colors with a dessert option of gold or silver.

Any shade of blue will do! Pair it up with crisp white and add sparkly details in gold or silver. Or go mostly white with just a hint of blue. Let your imagination soar!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, November 15, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNL , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Here is my sample!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsn blue and white.jpg (94.8 KB, 15 views)

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"

Last edited by schirmcat; 11-13-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Die Cut Diva

Title: A Life Event that Made you feel on Cloud 9
Hostess: Carisa (guineverelady)
Keyword: NOV10VSNM
Time: 6:00 PM EST

Hi friends! I hope you are enjoying these wonderful Cloud Nine challenges.

I was so excited when asked to be an angel for this VSN! It's timing is pretty special for me, too, as I thought of my challenge theme since I just celebrated 10 years of marriage 2 days ago!!
When "you're on cloud nine" you feel wonderful! Like nothing else is really very important.I can think of many times in my life when I felt this way. The day I married my husband, the day we bought our first home, finding out I was pregnant & giving birth to each of my 3 children!! I guess I could go on & on!

So, my challenge to you is to think about a time in your life when you felt like YOU were on CLOUD 9 - could be when you landed your dream job, fell in love, etc. then create a card OR layout that depicts this special event in your life using stamping of course!
I can't wait to see what you come up with! I made a layout when I was pregnant with my son AND a card celebrating my 10 year anniversary so you can see how this challenge can be used either way.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Nov 15.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNM , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 92 Likes on 82 Posts

Title: What�s on your ipod?
Hostess: Pat, casep
Keyword: NOV10VSNN
Time: 7 pm EST

I can�t think of anything that puts me on Cloud 9 faster than listening to my favorite music. My ipod has all my favorite music on it. I have music to cheer me up, help me get things done, calm me down, holiday music, and music that just makes me smile! I have country music, classical music, pop music, rap music, Broadway show tunes, and golden oldies.

My challenge is��for you to make a card that is inspired by your favorite music. It can be a song or a performer/band or even an entire genre of music. Don�t forget to tell us what music inspired you when you post your card.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNN , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Res-Q your mojo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boat Drinks.jpg (60.8 KB, 13 views)

Teapot Tuesday TEAm, join the party
My Gallery

Last edited by Bailmac; 11-13-2010 at 03:18 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Cloud Nine Math
Hostess: Marilyn (mlj-mlj)
Keyword: NOV10VSNO
Time: 8:00 PM EST

Hi friends! I hope you are enjoying the Cloud Nine challenges.

Many of you know that in my professional life, I use a lot of numbers, math and statistics. So my challenge for you is to do a little "Cloud Nine Math". NO groaning please--- this is easy-peasy math. Make one of the following: a 3 X 3 note card tote, a 3 x 3 note card box, or four 3 X3 note cards.

You can find tutorials here:
a 3 X 3 Note card tote
a 3 x 3 Note card box

To make four 3x3 cards, use 6 X 12 paper. Cut the 12" side at 3, 6, 9 inches. You'll now have four 3 X 6 papers. Fold each in half for a 3 X 3 card. Make card fronts.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNO , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6814-1.jpg (44.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by avonlea; 11-13-2010 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: fixed a link :-)
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Cloudy with the Chance of a Sketch
Hostess: Kelly (schirmcat)
Keyword: NOV10VSNP
Time: 9:00pm EST

Hello everyone! Your local Meteorologist just called with a weather report...and he said it's "Cloudy with the chance of a SKETCH"!

Attached is my sample card with a sketch for you to follow. Use a shape at the top...as you can see mine is floating right off the top of my card. Make yours "floaty", too! It can be any shape, but triple extra credit points if you use a wavy or scallopy shape...like a cloud! You can use punches, nesties, hand-cut a shape...anything will do. Don't forget to add a breezy little sentiment at the bottom of your card! It can be a banner like mine, or it can be stamped right on the card base!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday, November 15th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNP , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN, Cloudy Sketch 2.jpg (48.1 KB, 26 views)

Gingham Girl

Last edited by schirmcat; 11-13-2010 at 05:11 PM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

NOV10VSNQ~Saturday~ 10 PM EST~
Title: Off to see the Wizard

Hostess: Pam, Bailmac
Keyword: NOV10VSNQ
Time: 10:00 pm EST

�Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true�

Growing up, I absolutely LOVED to watch the Wizard of Oz. I remember being so awestruck, frightened and how magical the land of Oz seemed. Your challenge is to create a card showcasing at least 3 colors of the rainbow AND you must have glitter on your creation signifying how bold and bright rainbows are.

Colors of the rainbow~Roy G. Biv~ red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, NOV10VSNK, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your card is seen.
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/200585d1289534824t-img_0579-jpg[/IMG]
</FIELDSET>