Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby - Copics

I am just getting back into my scrapbooking (and adding cardmaking/stamping) habit and was going to pick up some more Copics (I only have 11 - that won't do!) - I was so excited when I saw that Hobby Lobby was having a sale on markers - until I saw that the add said "excludes Copic". Since this is the first Hobby Lobby ad I've looked at for a while, I'm a little out of the loop. Have they been doing this or is that new? And if they've been doing it, does anyone know if there's times when they do have Copics on sale? Just wanted to check...I just can't afford to pay full price so am thinking that if Hobby Lobby never puts them on sale now, I'll go on to look at other places. (I'm the hostess for an Angel Company hostess club that I'm in next month so going to get some then but wanted to get a few now) ...Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

They did use to include Copics in their 30% off sales, but have noticed for several months now that they have been excluded. Believe me, I took advantage of that sale to build up my collection! They will however accept their 40% coupon, although you will need to buy them one at the time. It's a PIA, but would rather pay 40% off as compared to list price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by good_day1214View Post
They did use to include Copics in their 30% off sales, but have noticed for several months now that they have been excluded. Believe me, I took advantage of that sale to build up my collection! They will however accept their 40% coupon, although you will need to buy them one at the time. It's a PIA, but would rather pay 40% off as compared to list price.
I know what you mean about using the 40% coupon to buy them one at a time. I think I bought about 8 that way. The only good thing is they publish their coupon on their website and you can print as many as you want. The coupon says they will only accept one per day though.

I am lucky to live near a HL, so I ran back and forth all week using the coupons on Copics. I even went back twice in the same day and went through another cashier's line - felt like a total criminal and was afraid the other cashier would come storming over and shout - SHE ALREADY USED A COUPON!:eek: What we do for our art.....sigh.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I am lucky to live near a HL, so I ran back and forth all week using the coupons on Copics. I even went back twice in the same day and went through another cashier's line - felt like a total criminal and was afraid the other cashier would come storming over and shout - SHE ALREADY USED A COUPON!:eek: What we do for our art.....sigh.
LOL, yeah, I know what you mean. I don't live too far from one...maybe I'll just have to go with my husband and my daughter and send us each through a line - that'd at least give me 3 per trip! Thanks for letting me know - like I said, I haven't paid attention to the adds for quite a while. The copics I do have were bought when Copics were included in their sales....oh well....at least they have the coupons
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Our Hobby Lobby now carries two or three different packs of Copics and there are either 4 or 5 in a pack.. maybe 6. They are in the scrapbooking section near the other markers. I don't remeber the price, but you could use a coupon on them as well.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

wow, last time i bought one it was included in their 30% marker sale....didnt see packs of copics but will look next time i am there.

MY BLOG: www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

I will definitely need to check that out!! Our Hobby Lobby keeps the single Copics by the art supplies, not with scrapbooking/stamping - I had looked to see if they had packs there and didn't BUT maybe they have the packs with the scrapbooking stuff....Definitely going to have to stop by there this evening to see!!! Thanks for the idea - and hopefully if they don't have them yet, they'll be getting them soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

FYI-about the Copic marker sketch sets now being sold at Hobby Lobby-
The color choices in those kits are:

Pale Pastels -YR31 YR12 BV01 BV0000 BG15 BG11

Perfect Primaries- Y19 Y13 R46 R43 B04 B00
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

If you plan to buy a number of Copics I would suggest you go to Oozak.com. Set up an account and you will receive a discount. If your order totals $50 or more you will receive free shipping. This is by far the cheapest and easiest way I have found to purchase Copics. I have used a coupon at Hobby Lobby, but living 120 miles from my nearest store makes for it being a difficult process. Even with the coupon it is more expensive to buy them at Hobby Lobby than Oozak. Oh, by the way, I don't work for Oozak or anything, but I am one of their very happy customers. Did I mention they ship really fast, too?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I'll have to check that out - thanks! It'll be a while before I can get $50 or more together for it but am saving up ....and glad to have the suggestion on where to get them for a deal!! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

On OOzak, if you do not spend $50 to qualify for free shipping - at the bottom of your checkout cart - change the shipping method form UPS to USPS - it will be several dollars cheaper and I still receive my order in 2-3 days. I think I ordered 10 markers and the shipping was $4 for USPS compared to $7.50 for UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Mugsy, I saw the sets Michelle mentioned at Hobby Lobby in Hickory. They're $38.00, I think, and with a 40% coupon, that would be a very good deal. They're with the scrapbooking markers.

Man, I wish I'd had a coupon with me! But I drove over directly after work and didn't stop by the house to print one.

Last edited by uncbballfan; 10-30-2010 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: add'l info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

I went and looked at the Hobby Lobby in my area - no packs of Copics :( but going to continue to check every once in a while - think I'm going to call and see if they've got them coming in. Might be a good way to start - then order them a few at a time from Oozak....going to take me months and months and months to stock up on the colors I want anyways....thanks for the tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Just an FYI - I saw someone mentioned that they didn't have their coupon with them. If you have a cell phone that gets the internet - Hobby Lobby (or at least the one by my house) let me pull up the coupon on my phone and let me use it that way instead of having the paper coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Received 100 Likes on 93 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyla8824View Post
Just an FYI - I saw someone mentioned that they didn't have their coupon with them. If you have a cell phone that gets the internet - Hobby Lobby (or at least the one by my house) let me pull up the coupon on my phone and let me use it that way instead of having the paper coupon!
not sure about other HL's but mine will let you mention it and they give you credit...most of the cashiers keep some at their registers...and i always print out a few extra to give to ppl and leave randomly through-out the store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by uacheermomView Post
I am just getting back into my scrapbooking (and adding cardmaking/stamping) habit and was going to pick up some more Copics (I only have 11 - that won't do!) - I was so excited when I saw that Hobby Lobby was having a sale on markers - until I saw that the add said "excludes Copic". Since this is the first Hobby Lobby ad I've looked at for a while, I'm a little out of the loop. Have they been doing this or is that new? And if they've been doing it, does anyone know if there's times when they do have Copics on sale? Just wanted to check...I just can't afford to pay full price so am thinking that if Hobby Lobby never puts them on sale now, I'll go on to look at other places. (I'm the hostess for an Angel Company hostess club that I'm in next month so going to get some then but wanted to get a few now) ...Thanks!

I remember the ad and the sale. My daughter and I had to pick two colors up so we didn't mind paying regular (outrageous) price. Well, somehow they came up at the sale price. I really wanted to go back and get more, but was afraid it was just a momentary glitch in the system. But we were thrilled to get them at the sale price, no matter how it happened.
Reply With Quote Likes