Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT117 ~ DID THE FLAGGER JUST STAGGER? I THINK THAT'S MICK JAGGER!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #117
DID THE FLAGGER JUST STAGGER?
I THINK THAT'S MICK JAGGER!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you!

This is my story!

1. Meet Penelope, Pansey, Petunia, Pauline and their pals. The are wild, crazy, rowdy and rambunctious gals! It all started when Penelope, Pansey, Petunia and Pauline's big brother got stinkin' filthy rich in the rock star world and the money they had at their fingertips was outrageous and disgusting! All four have always loved dressing crazy, dancing in the flowers and experiencing things they've never experienced! Because they are so obsessesed with flowers its hard for them to go out in public without being the center of attention. They are colorful, flamboyant, eccentric, totally obsessed with flowers and quite possible wacko!

2. We are off to the Brickyard 500. Why? Because a famous rockstar brother with four quadruplet sisters has to entertain them on their birthday and they wanna experience something new with their gal pals, that's why! Keeping them away from flowers is key so he and his driver can control the them! The Brickyard 500! That's it! Sounds pretty bland right? Nuttin' but a yard filled with 500 bricks right? Wrong! Who'd a thunk its really a Nascar Race! Who'da thunk that his driver has always wanted to be a Nascar Driver! Who'da thunk that HE always wanted to be a Nascar Flagger!!! Did the Flagger Just Stagger! I Think That's Mick Jagger!!! Rut roh! Chaos, pure Chaos! Mick Jagger is outa control in the Flagger's Tower, Mick's driver is in a Nascar and just took out the entire field including the 500 bricks, and the gals and their pals just found the winner's circle where 42,000 flowers are keeping them company!!! Yes, chaos, pure chaos!!

3. Don't be sick, Rick! That's Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and owner of all the race cars that Mick's driver just put to the wall! He's asked our help in exchange from tea, cookies and treats! Get control of the gals and their pals, find Mick and his driver, and clean up the mess! We gotta get this place back to looking like a Nascar Race!

DON'T BRING FLOWERS!!!! Bring black and white checkerboards, bring race cars, bring bricks! Bring men and their tools who know how to fix! Bring things that are driven, bring things that go fast, don't bring things that are broken, don't bring things that don't last! It's a Nascar Race with professionals, a serious competition! Not a rock star staggering flagger, a racing lesson for his driver and a flower free-for-all for the gals and their pals! Bring mechanics, bring tires, bring tools and bring trophies! Bring macho, bring tough, bring things that are rough. Bring lights for the start, flags for the finish. Bring awards, and champagne, and a prize for the winner. Let's get this Nascar Race back to racing! Who knows how to lay bricks???

If you have always wanted to race a Nascar you have to come in the back door because even though you all can make a mean card, you probably can't drive mach one around a circle! Can you???

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #117:

This week's destination is Eaton Rapids, Michigan! We will sending our challenge cards to Jess, the 24 year old step-son of Charlene (Lilluvsstampin) who was recently viciously attacked by a dog that belongs to the family of one of his friends. It was a Presa Canario which unfortunately is one of those very dangerous breeds.

We sending our NASCAR/Car cards to cheer him up! For more information regarding Jess' injuries as well as his address go to Post #147 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread, should you decide to send your challenge card to Jess. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is the card I made to send to Jess.

Here is my card ~ Did the Flagger Just Stagger?

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #117 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT117 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT117 ~ DID THE FLAGGER JUST STAGGER?  I THINK THAT'S MICK JAGGER!-racing-teapot-.jpg   MMTPT117 ~ DID THE FLAGGER JUST STAGGER?  I THINK THAT'S MICK JAGGER!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-01-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Too pooped to write a story but here's my card for Jess...no stamps - used a downloaded coloring page.

There's the Checkered Flag!
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #3  
101 Airborne

I had fun making this card and the poem was a walk down memory lane - when cars were cars and fun to drive! Hope Jess enjoys the card. Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Guy cards are always such a challenge. Who collects car or tool stamps. I was so sick of being masculine card challenged that I finally bought the Crafty Secrets car stamp set. Now this not the classic you think it is. Nick had it in the shop and totally juiced it up. This baby will take on anything on the road. Here is my "Just a Hot Roddin Along"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Look how fast that thing is it went by so fast it almost looked like a Christmas ornament! Yikes, here is the real thing. "Just a Hot Roddin Along"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Wishing a speedy recovery - dog bites are no fun. I was attacked by a dog last November and I can still tell the weather by the lumps in my thigh that read the barometer much more accurately than the weather guy on tv.

Here is my card - used SU Christmas stripes which I love and a stolen image from the internet. mmtpt117 Speedy Recovery! by catgondek - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Someday I will learn which of those little gizmos at the top means to add a link and have cleaner link links.

Or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #7  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks for another great challenge, Cindy!!
Speedy Recovery (MMTPT117) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine for Jess. MMTPT117 Card for Jess by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I didn't and won't have time to play this week, but wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcome last week and all your comments! Teapotters are the best! I tried to visit some of your galleries today and make comments. I will try later too. Thanks for including me inthe emails and letting me "stalk".

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Snoopy and Woodstock on the way to the commotion-don't know if they will be any help but will enjoy the race as Snoopy always wanted to be a Nascar driver-guess his VW will have to do!

Just About There........ by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:15 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Default MMTPT117

Well, I finally got one finished - I have started so many and will get to them as soon as I can - but for some reason, Jess's situation inspired me. Maybe because I have 3 boys of my own. In any case here is my card!!!

And here is the inside:
MMTPT117 by Sandi*S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT117 ~ DID THE FLAGGER JUST STAGGER?  I THINK THAT'S MICK JAGGER!-cards-2-011.jpg  

Last edited by Sandi*S; 10-26-2010 at 07:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Don't laugh - when you see my car you'll know why I am late. I'm sticking to my excuse that I don't know anything about Nascar, but at least I think I ended up with a suitable guy card for poor Jess.
I Flagged, I Failed, I Stalled
And I've been busy filling my basket up with good chunky hunky club sandwiches, just in case Anne's fries are all gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #13  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

wishing Jess a speedy recovery.
It didn't photograph well, but I used the clear insert from a window envelope to make the windshield so that the word speedy showed through.
Inside sentiment is
wishing you a speedy recovery. A speedy recovery for Jess
we wouldn't wish him any less.
So rev up your healing
so well you'll be feeling
get to the finish line
and you'll feel just fine!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT117 ~ DID THE FLAGGER JUST STAGGER?  I THINK THAT'S MICK JAGGER!-scs-swap-submissions-026.jpg  

Last edited by philsmom; 10-26-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Oh, it's nice to be able to do a Teapot Challenge. Since I'm a cheater, I worked on it in bits all weekend. It's not exactly a fast car, but it looks like a fun ride.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's to Jess getting better real soon. I tried to upload of my card open, however, it kept telling me it was too big. Even after croping it. The top slider (when pulled out) says Sorry to hear you're under the weather, hope tomorrow you're feeling much better. The bottom slider says "Get well soon" and I used some bandaid eyelets. This challenge was so much fun seeing how I am a huge Nascar fan too. Thanks MM
Here it is closed
Card for Jess

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Default Speedy Recovery

So here's my card - Speedy Recovery

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Ok I really had to rack my brain to come up with this one! I didn't think I had anything car/race/nascar like! It's amazing what you can find in your stash!

Off To The Races!

Thanks for the challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

What a fun challenge! (other than the reason why Jess was chosen as the recipient for this week. :( )

To The Finish!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #19  

Well, I did manage to not have to come in the back door but it was close...no race car stamps here...heck no car stamps other than 1 vintage car....So McQueen filled in and is on his way to get the girls under control and then to cheer Jess up and maybe give him some advice on becoming a chick magnet

MMTPT117, race time by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card for Jess - A Grand Finish - it'll go out in the mail tomorrow. No stamps - just pieced and colored coloring book pages and drew the bricks.

MMTPT117 A Grand Finish by Auntie Susan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I took an unexpected vacation from myself (yes I mean it that way!) last week and totally missed the party so I'm making up for it with two cards this week.

It's the Destination

Teapot Inspiration Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wishing Jess a healthy and speedy recovery...I put a sexy girl on here, to give him a smile, and to try and take away some of the pain he's going through....
MMTPT117 by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

But wait, folks! Against all odds the dark horse in the race has just taken the lead. That's right. It's Snoopy and Woodstock in their VW Beetle crossing the finish line as the checkered flags are waving. Unbelievable end to this amazing race. And I heard that it was Woodstock himself who souped up the engine on this little red convertible.

Snoopy to the Races

Last edited by Hawkeye Stamper; 10-28-2010 at 03:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 05:48 AM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Suzanne...told ya they mean business!

What a fun checkerboardy gallery we did! Snort! Awesome cards this challenge! Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

I love these Teapot challenges, I was reading through them and they are just perfect for sparking creativity ....I don't know if I have any supplies for this one but I'm definitely going to check....and will be keeping my eye on the teapot challenges in the weeks to come....I'm new here but love these challenges
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy is happy because he FINALLY won a race! So he is celebrating by doing the "happy dance" all around the brickyard race track. Go Happy!
Here's my card: Brickyard Celebration by seamom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 03:03 AM   #27  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uacheermomView Post
I love these Teapot challenges, I was reading through them and they are just perfect for sparking creativity ....I don't know if I have any supplies for this one but I'm definitely going to check....and will be keeping my eye on the teapot challenges in the weeks to come....I'm new here but love these challenges
What a nice message! WE would love to have you come party with us! Welcome! One thing about the teapot challenges, we really don't have any rules so there is no *wrong* card for a challenge. We will be keeping an eye out for you too!

Oh and Welcome to Splitcoast! Rut roh...you're gonna get accicted! Snort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally here!!! Had fun remembering my days......my time racing...our car!!! Hope Jess enjoys this card. You can find my card here .

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 56 Likes on 27 Posts

uacheermom, you are going to love these gals. They are a blast!!! To Everyone Have a safe and happy Halloween.
Quote:

Originally Posted by uacheermomView Post

Reply With Quote Likes