Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT113 ~ NANNER, NANNER, BOO! BOO! I EVEN WON THIS TU-TU!!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #113
NANNER NANNER BOO BOO!
I EVEN WON THIS TU-TU!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you!

Before I get started with the story, I have a request. From time to time I like to communicate with the teapotters (aka ~ anyone who plays in a Teapot Tuesday Challenge). You never know when I might have some important teapotter announcements. If you would like to be included please email me at [email protected] with your email address and I will add you to the Teamail Group!

This is my story!

1. I figured I would feature a teapot with flowers on it as one last ditch effort to hold on to summer, nice weather, pretty flowering plants, going bare footed and not caring where it was that you last saw your fleece jacket!! In Colorado, September brings some pretty cool days followed by a warm up in the first of part of October and then by Halloween, we can pretty much expect snow, could be a couple of inches, could be a couple of feet! And from there on out it pretty much goes downhill! Bah!!!

2. You know whats a bummer? Being named Summer! Summer is a little worked up this week because her little brother Bucky keeps making her life miserable! Not to mention all of his pesky little friends. She's so sick of hearing Bucky and his friends (The Dweebs) chanting Summer is a bummer and Bucky is way lucky! They are so immature! She has racked her brain trying to think of ways to get even with Bucky and The Dweebs! She has tried to ignore, avoid, forget and not kill them! She refuses to stoop to their level by revealing what is really going through her head. That being her own immature chants ~ Kirk's a big fat Jerk, Billy is so Silly, Steve's a little dweeb, Charlie smells so gnarley! And her favorite, Bucky's not way lucky, he's really sorta sucky!!! But she certainly would never say that out loud! She has much more class than that! If she could only win something!

3. Aww phooey! Who's she kiddin? Bucky is VERY Lucky! He wins everything! He has won every contest, drawing, lottery, and raffle on the face of the earth! All he has to do is enter! And then he wins! Summer and her friend Spring spent 3 weeks down at the mall stuffin' a box full of entry forms with Summer's name in an attempt to win the cutest little sparkley pink tu-tu! They got writer's cramp just signing Summer's name 42,0o0 times! And just when they were feeling pretty good about winning, along comes Bucky and the Dorky Dweebs!! Bucky proceeds to fill out just one entry form and you guessed it! Nanner, Nanner Boo Boo! I Even Won this TuTu!! Gimme that TuTu Bucky! Why should I? I'm Bucky, I'm lucky Bucky and you're a bummer, Summer!! As Eula would say, "What an adventure!"

4. Here's the deal Neal! Neal is the Mall Security Guard (he even has a badge!) He was called to diffuse the situation! Summer might not be a total bummer but every one knows Bucky is totally lucky! Neal's the real deal! He knows what to do! Bucky, whatcha gonna do with that Tu-Tu? It's really sorta foo-foo!! Listen up, you two! I know a jogger who's also a blogger! Her blog is just dandy and filled with blog candy! A world record stash worth a whole lotta cash is now up for grabs, she's keeping the tabs. If Summer wins that prize, the tu-tu is hers ! Don't turn down this plan or I'll throw you in the can!

5. Our mission? Easy peasy! Let's bring Summer the stash thats worth all of the cash! Bring ribbon and braid, bring eyelets and brads! Bring primas and flowers, and buttons and bows! Bring images all stamped and colored and dry. Bring cards that are glittered, stitched, pierced, folded or embossed! Bring things that are round, brings things that are square. Bring the biggest, the best, blog candy extraordinair! This is right up your alley Teapotters, if you don't know what to do with this one, you ALL have to come in the back door. Let's get Summer her tu-tu! Toodle-lou!!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #113:

This week our destination is Alzheimer's Care Givers. We are joining forces with Cammie (Carolyn King) who has so graciously started her annual Heart to Heart card drive for Alzheimers Care Givers. She promotes this great cause in magazines but primarily on her blog (Cammie's Blog) in an effort to show appreciation, support and love to those special individuals who day in and day out care for the elderly afflicted with Alzheimers. A caregiver is a stressful, thankless 24/7 job whether you are one who is paid to do it or whether you are one who does it out of the love for a parent/spouse/family member or loved one!

Cammie is a special person to take this on and I am happy she is receiving some national recognition and assistance in promoting this great cause! She has been featured in this article in Papercrafts magazine as well as another in Crafts n' Things Magazine. She posted the details for this amazing card drive on her blog on Saturday, September 26th. Check it out here. Thank you Cammie, for all you do! Oh and guess what? Cammie is a jogger, a jogger blogger! Snort!

For several options and addressed for Alzheimer Caregivers check Post #136 of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread should you decide to send a card to a most deserving Alzheimer's Caregiver! Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Here is my card ~ You're Teariffic!

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #113 Challenge Gallery .

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT113 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT113 ~ NANNER, NANNER, BOO! BOO! I EVEN WON THIS TU-TU!!-drops%2520spring%2520teapot.jpg   MMTPT113 ~ NANNER, NANNER, BOO! BOO! I EVEN WON THIS TU-TU!!-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 10-05-2010 at 04:00 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

Here's my flowery card! I'll be sending it off to one of the caretakers listed in this forum - what a wonderful cause to support this week! MMTPT113 Thanks for Being There by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

MMTPT113 Mola card for Teapot Tuesday by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Above should be the link to my card...I can't believe I am posting so early...I'm also sending off my card...to one of the addresses in this forum.

Thank you, Cindy, for another great challenge...

Ribbon Challenged
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I uploaded my card but it hasn't shown up yet. Have to run some errands.......hopefully it will be in the gallery by the time I get back..................?????

Tina

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 04:12 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 403 Likes on 351 Posts

I found a PINK TUTU for little Summer, Cindy.......right under those last roses of summer! ; ) I'm off for cookies and tea now!

Fun story...fun challenge. I always like to keep my cards in the theme of your story...and teapot, of course!

........AND A PINK TUTU TOO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ohhh a special tea party today for sure! Congrats to Cammie on her Heart to Heart Card Drive! Off to finish up my card! Nanner nanner reports I should be writing, you are going to have to wait until later, giggle....

Gingham Girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 04:55 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I've posted a very summery card, but the truth is we're finally done with the 90-plus weather we've had since June, and I am welcoming fall with open arms.

This is a very girly card, so I won't be sending it to the caregive I know -- my dad, who took care of my stepmom for years before her death in May. Caregivers deserve all the love you can send them.

My card.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

MMTPT113 Thanks to the Alzheimer CareGivers by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm back and my card finally posted. Hope to get these all mailed out today.
Thanks for the wonderful challenge. Sherry is soooo appreciative of this gesture.
Thanks to all of you that send cards to the Columbus AL Care Center.
Wendell Lilly was Sherry's husband. They were wonderful to him AND his family.

HUGS
Tina

GardenDiva
AKA Tina DeLong

FS363
QFTD182

Fan Club Member & Tuesday Teapotter

Hostess MMTPT222
Thyme began in a Garden.

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 06:20 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Summer........... by BorisValentino - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

my card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

You're the Best (Carer)
My hayfever got bad again as soon as we got back from holidays, so I don't have any goodies or treats to bring along this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #11  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

This is a quickie just to get one posted, but I will do more! Thanks, Cindy, for including the Arbors Memory Care facility as one of the destinations!!! HUGE {{{HUGS}}}
One more flower (MMTPT113) by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

This challenge holds special meaning to my family. We lost an aunt to Alzheimers. It is a viscious disease and I hope no one has to witness the devastation it causes.
Here is my card and I will definitely be sending it out: MMTPT113 Thanks by angelsparkly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thank you for all you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi everyone, finally my SCS site is back (down last night). I have no story regarding the teapot but I do have something to share with you all. Today I'm leaving on a 3 week cruise and you get boarding passes on line for cruises the same way you do airlines. I printed out the luggage tags and they were 8 1/2x11" sheets of paper you were suppose to fold and staple to your suitcase. How ugly is that? So....I cut the tag out in the shape of a tag (of course) used distress inks around the edge, did a bit of steam ship stamping around the edge, laminated them, punched holes in them, and tied binder twine through them. Of course my husband thinks I should be committed, he says "please tell me you are not uploading those things". Anyway only you guys could appreciate that one can't have ugly tags on suitcases. See you all in 3 weeks. Oh I won't have time to comment on everyones cards. I did have time to do one here it is. "Help-I'm seeing dots"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks to all the teapotters who are joining forces with our mission this week!!!! And thanks to Cindy who has a heart of gold and does this week after week---amazing!!!

You all are so wonderful!!! (Don't forget to link your cards to my blog post to be entered to win!)

xo Cammie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #15  
Easily Inspired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone! It's Tuesday! What a special destination we have today. Thanks Miss Cindy and Cammie. Your girls are wonderful!!!!
Here's my card. :0)
2010 DT for Rubbernecker Stamps
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #16  
101 Airborne

Default MMTPT

What a wonderful destination - Cindy you are the best. Here is my card and my story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love flowers and teapots so really like the teapot for today's challenge! Sunny here today but I had a really hard time getting a decent photo-hate days like that! Anyhow here it is:

Teapot Posies by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Will be sending my card to a caregiver listed in MM's post.
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine. MMTPT113 Thanks for all you do by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #19  

Here is my So Grateful for You card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is my caregiver's card that I am sending to the Arbors Memory Care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for another wonderful challenge, Cindy! Phtttttttttttttt Alicia!

Here is my card:Summers End (FG) by Francie G. - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ooops, I almost forgot to come back and post my link here. Here ya go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 AM   #23  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Hi Ladies,
The Gallery Police moved my card from my Teaparties album to the Pocket Card Gallery.

here is my card

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I'm late!
I'm late!
for a very important date!

Here's my Summer Garden
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's Mine:

CD78 - Sweet Wonderful You by Princessheather - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #26  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Oh that poor Summer!
Stuck with such a brother ... he's a bummer!!

Hogs & Kisses to the rescue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Done and in the mail!
MMTPT113 Grateful for Caregivers by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is my card for Mothermarks challange, and it went off in the mail today to the Arbors Memory Care.
MMTPT113 by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Huge thanks to Cindy and Cammie for recognizing the hard work and dedication of Alzheimers caregivers! Here is my card for the tea party: MMTPT113 Gratitude For Caregivers by cmsuto - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My Gallery

My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #30  

here is mine...sorry I'm so tardy!

Holiday Greetings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Though I am not a "Tea potter"
I thought and thought and figured I ought-er
Send a card to this special destination
To some of the nicest people in our nation!!
Caregivers are angels for all they do,
So we are sending a HUGE THANK YOU!!
We are so grateful for your AMAZING DEDICATION!!

I know I am not a poet , or even a storyteller like Mothermark, but this was something I wanted to get in on - here is my card that I am sending to Arbor's Memory Care:
MMTPT113 Caregivers Rock! by irishgreensue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my card.

Polka Dot Cup of Tea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Duh! I forgot to put my card here so you peeps could see it! Caregivers are angels in disguise! by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my card - hope I'm not late for the tea party at Bill Gates' house - I hear it's quite high tech.

My Blog Keep In Touch Stampin
My Gallery

My Store
Reply With Quote Likes