Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darcie stamps

I was at a Scrap stamp art tour show today and saw a booth with a company named Darcie. I love there stamps and bought some. I am trying to get on the web site that is on the back of there catalog they gave andit is not working. Has anyone else seen there stamps or been able to get on there website?

Gail

www.gailscraftcorner.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Gail
You can go to http://www.darcie.com/ and see. I've bought from them for YEARS. My daughter and I have quite a collection of their stamps - both mounted and UM. My DD used to like to go to their bin with the "oopsies" and get them. Sometimes you could not even tell.

Just a little note though, their web site is VERY slow ~ so be patient.

Hugs,
Joani
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooboostamperView Post
I was at a Scrap stamp art tour show today and saw a booth with a company named Darcie. I love there stamps and bought some. I am trying to get on the web site that is on the back of there catalog they gave andit is not working. Has anyone else seen there stamps or been able to get on there website?

Gail

Hi Gail. I was at the show today too! I spent wayyyyy too much $$$. They had alot of great vendors. I didn't buy any of the Darcie stamps but they did look good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #4  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel1971View Post
Hi Gail. I was at the show today too! I spent wayyyyy too much $$$. They had alot of great vendors. I didn't buy any of the Darcie stamps but they did look good.

HI!

I was there too (met 4 friends also and bumped into a few other people I knew).

I got lots of stuff ... don't remember it all right now but I know I bought several sheets of 12x18 thick patterned paper from Darcie's booth - I think I got a stamp or two also. I know several caught my eye but I was already "almost broke" by then.

I spent so much I'm forcing myself to stay home tomorrow (I usually go both days in case I missed something or there are reduced prices so the vendors have less stuff to pack up.)

I think the show was great - I only missed two vendors (I realized as I was resting my feet and having a cup of coffee and was too tired to go back and already stretched my budget so resisted breaking it completely.) I hope this year's organizer does it again in 2010, 2011, etc.!

(And we'll have to get together someday! Hobby Lobby should be opening soon - the store hours are posted on the website but I thought the openign date was mid-October. Haven't had a chance to drive by the store yet and all HL stores are closed on Sunday so no sense going tomorrow.)

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
HI!

I was there too (met 4 friends also and bumped into a few other people I knew).

I got lots of stuff ... don't remember it all right now but I know I bought several sheets of 12x18 thick patterned paper from Darcie's booth - I think I got a stamp or two also. I know several caught my eye but I was already "almost broke" by then.

I spent so much I'm forcing myself to stay home tomorrow (I usually go both days in case I missed something or there are reduced prices so the vendors have less stuff to pack up.)

I think the show was great - I only missed two vendors (I realized as I was resting my feet and having a cup of coffee and was too tired to go back and already stretched my budget so resisted breaking it completely.) I hope this year's organizer does it again in 2010, 2011, etc.!

(And we'll have to get together someday! Hobby Lobby should be opening soon - the store hours are posted on the website but I thought the openign date was mid-October. Haven't had a chance to drive by the store yet and all HL stores are closed on Sunday so no sense going tomorrow.)

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
HI Tina,

I had heard from a friend of mine that HL is supposed to open on October 15th. I was up there just over a week ago and there was no sign saying coming soon and the buildings are looking more finished but you couldn't tell which one it might be going in. I can't wait for it to open. Hopefully we won't be dissappointed!!!!

I didn't end up buying any of Darcies stamps or paper. I went with a frienda nd we were suppossed to go back to her booth and it got late and forgot to. :-( How much was the large sheets of paper? We didn't see a price and figured we would check when we went back to it. I did get a catalog supplement from them though. I am going to have tosave some $ and order some. That is the first time I have seen them and I love them!!

I spent more than I should have too. I would love to go back up but I would have to take my 3 boys today since my DH is working. I'm kinda on the fende about it!!!! LOL

Gail

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel1971View Post
I didn't buy anyeither. We were going togo back toher booth and we were running late and forgot too. :-( Hopefully they will be back next year. I guess I will have to order on line.....I won't be able to wait a year to get some....LOL!!!!

Gail

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts
Thumbs up

I was at the show too. (Hi Tina!) Darcie's booth was like a little dollhouse to me. It was absolutely adorable! I wound up buying about 10 of her 12 x 18 sheets ($1.39 ea.) to use for boxes with my Cricut Expression for Christmas gifts. I also bought a darling set of monkey stamps. They came pre-cut and mounted on foam, in a larger-size CD case. (11 stamps - one of them quite large - for $19.99.)

I tried to check out her website yesterday, but it was down. It's working now. It's http://www.darcie.com/. She also has a blog: http://darcieheater.typepad.com/darcie-heater/.

I had to drive 2 hours each way to get to the show, but it was worth it. I thought that, although it wasn't very big, it was well-put-together and featured some very talented, but often underrated, stamp artists.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #8  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I was at the show too. (Hi Tina!) Darcie's booth was like a little dollhouse to me. It was absolutely adorable! I wound up buying about 10 of her 12 x 18 sheets ($1.39 ea.) to use for boxes with my Cricut Expression for Christmas gifts. I also bought a darling set of monkey stamps. They came pre-cut and mounted on foam, in a larger-size CD case. (11 stamps - one of them quite large - for $19.99.)

I tried to check out her website yesterday, but it was down. It's working now. It's http://www.darcie.com/. She also has a blog: http://darcieheater.typepad.com/darcie-heater/.

I had to drive 2 hours each way to get to the show, but it was worth it. I thought that, although it wasn't very big, it was well-put-together and featured some very talented, but often underrated, stamp artists.
Hi Jeanette :-D

I agree with your comment about Darcie's booth being like a dollhouse - very cute and filled with nice goodies.

I went on her website last night (well ... actually this morning since it was past Midnight) and there are 140 pages in the scrapbooking tab! Most are papers (you have to click details to see the sizes/weights each particular paper comes in - there are up to 4 choices!) but also some of her U-Cuts kits.

I think I'll be making a long wishlist for DH to shop from this Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I was finally able to get on the site. Do you or anyone know what the shipping charges are? I didn't see anywhere on the site that said anything about that. I also went on her blog. Did you see that she was/is offering a coupon on it for the show? I couldn't download it. Something witht he computer. Probably a good thing...if it did print I probably would want to go back and spend too much again!!!!LOL

Gail

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Hi Gail. I couldn't find the shipping charges either. I did notice the coupon. I wish I had seen it before Saturday, but I didn't know about her blog then. :( Oh, well. I'll let you know if I find out anything about the shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Hi Gail. I couldn't find the shipping charges either. I did notice the coupon. I wish I had seen it before Saturday, but I didn't know about her blog then. :( Oh, well. I'll let you know if I find out anything about the shipping.
HI. I didn't know about her blog or her stamps until Saturday. When I saw the coupon on the blog it made me kinda happy that I didn't buy anything then. Would have made me kinda of bummed if I had lost out on 20%....especially knowing how much I spent...LOL!!!

Gail

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hi Gals, I just found Darcies stamps as well. And get this, I got my set at a wopping 50% off. And now I'm in love! Serendipity scrapbooks carries them along with the templates. When she does her crops she has "blue light specials" and has items at 50% off. If you aren't familiar with the site you may want to check it out as there is a cyber crop coming up next weekend. Here is the link http://www.serendipityscrapbooks.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Default darcie's

From the looks of this forum, have they ever had a working web site? Just bought stuff from show 2 weeks ago, now wondering was it a clearance sale?? Web site hasn't worked in how long?? They had great stuff and I wanted more but now thinking i waisted money thing I could find the stuff i wanted
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #14  
Linking Queen

I haven't had any recent problems with the Darcie website (and I logged on just before posting this and several times in past month - since I will be at Rhinebeck later this month and her booth is a must see for me)>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
I haven't had any recent problems with the Darcie website (and I logged on just before posting this and several times in past month - since I will be at Rhinebeck later this month and her booth is a must see for me)>
Tina, can you post a link? The website I have doesn't seem like the right one. I've searched, but alll I can find is her blog. I want to take a look before the Rhinebeck showThanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #16  
Linking Queen

I stand corrected ... I only clicked a link from a previous post (today) and didn't look further into the website. Here's the link I used:
Darcie's Heart & Home

I do recall checking the site out fairly recently (within 4-6 weeks; probably within 2-3wks) ... I think perhaps the site gets negelcted when she is at a show?

Now I'm bummed too.
Reply With Quote Likes