Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Party Invitations and Favours!

Hi all,

We've finally relented and are letting our daughter have a 13th birthday party in early December! While I know this is a while away, I am trying to get a few ideas together regarding invitations and cute favours to make! I figure I can make a few things here and there and come December, it will all be done with no stress or fuss!

She is going with the theme of pink and purple - her 2 fave colours! I really want to make it special for her, so does anyone have any ideas for cute invitations and also party favour ideas! If you have some ideas for fun games that woudl be awesome too! lol

Feel free to post pics of your ideas as well cause I am a very visual person! lol

Thanks heaps for any help!

Karen
x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 03:33 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

You should visit Amy Atlas' blog or Hostess with the Mostest blog. They are professional party planners and most could easily be adapted with stamps/scrapbook papers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

I recently made these bottle flags for a young teen's rootbeer float party, along with a coordinating bottomless love tub for a special gift from mom to the birthday girl.

The bottle flags double as scrapbook embellishments, and can also help divide the kids into teams for games. One tag can be the 'lucky' tag, if you want to award a little prize.

Hope these ideas help you get your creative juices going--and best wishes to the soon-to-be birthday girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Pink and purple are awesome party colors! Accent with silver and/or black for some pop, maybe mix in a zebra print! Dessert tables are all the rage.....you could do pink/purple coated pretzels rods standing in colored buckets from the $ spot in Target, m&m's in big glass jars, cookies with royal icing. I just made these cupcake picks for my DD's Sweet 16....the decorated scallop circles could also adorn triangle treat favor boxes, invitations, peppermint patties.

Sweet 16 cupcakes by nancystamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

A friend of mine had a "spa party" recently for her daughter's 13th. They did nails, hair, lotions, etc. She has a friend who is a cosmetic consultant come over and "do" makeup for the girls. The favors were in a box she made from cs and decorated. It was one of the tutorials here on SCS. Inside she put a fingernail polish, nail file, bath sponge, those little bottles of shower gel, lotion and spray from Bath and Body Works. The girls had a ball. They took alot of fun pictures of the girls all "dolled up" and she made her daughter a scrapbook from the party.
Just a thought....have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I used some spa cards as favours for my daughter's party. Here's the link Addicted to Stamping: Artisan Award Entries 2010

The invitations were little clutch purses 11" x 7.5" folded in 3 with the info mounted on the inside with a silver cord for the handle.

Here's another idea for favours. I use these quick and easy 3D purses for gift cards or to hold a bag of candy.Addicted to Stamping: 3D Purse Card
Reply With Quote Likes