View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
StamperSharon
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi, Anne!
First of all, the Copic reds are one of the highest pigmented of the colors and once it's down on paper, it's pretty hard to move around with a lighter color! But that being said, you should see SOME kind of change to the red, unless the pink you are using is REALLY light and the red is REALLY dark!

I just tried R81 (darker pink) and R11 (lighter pink), with R24 as my red, on both Neenah and Copic Blending Card and saw differences in all my results.

Lydia is correct -- paper makes all the difference. If your paper is very soft & absorbant, then color will "soak" in and you'll have a hard time moving it around, no matter what the color is!

If you have a mid or light-toned brown or gray, try that over some of your other colors and you should see some nice shading.

Or you might try using the pink marker to pick up some color off the red marker and then use the pink marker to apply the color to your cardstock. Sometimes this method (tip to tip) works better when there is a large difference in the 2 colors you are using.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll try to provide some photographic help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!