View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
NancyK.
Gabfest Goddess

It may mean that you did not have close enough colors to blend. Depending on the shades of red and pink you used they may have been just too different to look well together.
You may have to break down and get a few other colors in the same natural color blend family and try it again. There are three companies that I know of that sell markers in small groups of similiar colors so you may want to take a look at their sites and look at their color groupings. You can then decide which individual markers you need to get a good grouping.
The three companies that I know who sell sets of color groups are Flourishes, Papertrey and JustRite.
As for the colorless blender, it is not really a blending pen (like the dove blender), but instead a color remover. Unless you touch the tip of the colorless blender to the tip of a marker of another color and use it that way, it really serves to take away color.
I hope this helps! Congrats on winning the copic set. My personal opinion is that these types of sets do not really help the beginning copic user undertstand how best to use the markers because you don't have enough shades in the set.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!