Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JustRite font changes

I just read that JustRite is packaging their fonts sets with upper and lower case in "one PT size" per set. Set will either be 50 PT or 95 PT and so far nothing for 25 PT.
That is fine except they appear to have discontinued nearly all of the other sets.

On the email announcing a new font set Myraid Pro , they say they are discontinuing Brayton

On their site they only have "Upper case Brayton" ( NO lower case);
"Lower case Times New Roman" ( no upper case) ;
" lower case Trompe Scrip" ( NO upper case)
and NO Special Occasions font set.
They also don't have either the small or larger size Monogram set

I have both upper and lower case sets of Times New Roman and Trompe Script and the Special occasions sets and the Monogram sets so I tried the item numbers in the search box and it came up empty for all of them

When was this announced that I missed it ???:confused:

Furthermore , it will cost as much to buy both the 95 & 50 PT size sets as it did for separate sets of upper and lower case and they had 95 PT, 50 PT and 25 PT in each sets. sheesh
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I just found the Monogram sets under "Kits" and they went up in the price too.
I love my JustRite sets, but I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot
They seem to be eliminating what made them unique and are joining the caravan of sellers of Copics.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Right! And what good is just lower case Times New Roman or Trompe Script without upper case?

I, for one, am growing tired of businesses either discontinuing products or going out of business on short or no notice and saying " Hurry" and buy our products before they are gone . They assume their products are so important that people will delay other purchases or run up their Credit cards.

In the rush to get things that will no longer be available , how many people over-buy and regret it . Look at the panic over getting H2O's
I will not over-buy just because they may not be available at a future date. I will find something else
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
I will not over-buy just because they may not be available at a future date. I will find something else
And most of the times you'll find that once you buy in a hurry, a new and better product has been release :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi, Barbara � I hope to address your concerns about JustRite�s fonts.

As we sold out of the existing inventory we had, we started replacing the font with our new configurations. Our new configurations are just arriving and were available on our September preorder site.

JustRite was busy yesterday still loading all of the new font configurations onto the website AND lowering the price of the older configurations! So we apologize for the site looking a little bare yesterday! We now have loaded onto the Font section of our site the new uppercase & lowercase configurations of Myriad Pro (95 & 50 point), Curlz (95 & 50 point), Times New Roman (95 & 50 point), and Special Occasions (95 & 50 point).

The reason for our Brayton font being discontinued is that there is not a lowercase option available for this font. It was one of our favorites and we are very sad that we had to discontinue it, but without a lowercase option it no longer made sense in our new font grouping. We have replaced Brayton with Myriad Pro font. For those of you who love our font, you will absolutely love how nicely Myriad Pro spaces. We have heard rave reviews about this font from our entire design team!

JustRite has reconfigured their font in an effort to make the font sets better. The new upper and lowercase configuration in 95-point has 2 of each uppercase letter instead of 1, and lowercase has at least 3 of each letter instead of 2 of each letter. The new configuration is actually $9.00 dollars less than the old configured sets and allows consumers to instantly create complete words and phrases. (Old configuration was $47.90 for upper and lowercase; new configuration is $38.90 if you want to purchase two sizes of font.)

We spent months trying to determine what configuration of font would be most user friendly and we changed the configuration based on consumer feedback. As part of our September Release, we have also just added to our font collection the ability for you to purchase 15-point font (in uppercase only) and 25-point font as individual sets in Times Roman. In the past, the 15-point font was only available with the purchase of our 2� stamper. They have just arrived in our warehouse and we will be moving them to the main section of our website as soon as we can today.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let us know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the clarification Sharon! That makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you Sharon for the information ! I must have gone on the site as it was being changed.
I love my JustRite sets. Sorry if I sounded testy, but the last thing I wanted to see is if they were being discontinued.
In the last couple of months we have seen so many things discontinued. Stamps, SU colors and paper, etc.
Thanks again
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Thank you Sharon for the information ! I must have gone on the site as it was being changed.
I love my JustRite sets. Sorry if I sounded testy, but the last thing I wanted to see is if they were being discontinued.
In the last couple of months we have seen so many things discontinued. Stamps, SU colors and paper, etc.
Thanks again
Barbara
You're welcome, Barbara! Trust me, I can totally sympathize with you there -- we never like to see our favorites of things disappear or be discontinued (I'm one of those that doesn't accept change very easily)! That's one reason JustRite wanted to give plenty of warning about the Brayton font being discontinued (it's my favorite font!).

Please let me know if I can ever help again!
Reply With Quote Likes