Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post MMTPT108 ~ THEY RUN LIKE THE DICKENS! I'M SO SICK OF THESE CHICKENS!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY AND CHALLENGE #108
THEY RUN LIKE THE DICKENS!
I'M SICK OF THESE CHICKENS!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you!

Before I get started with the story, I have a request. From time to time I like to communicate with the teapotters (aka ~ anyone who plays in a Teapot Tuesday Challenge). You never know when I might have some important teapotter announcements. If you would like to be included please email me at [email protected] with your email address and I will add you to the Teamail Group!

This is my story!

1. Last week we got educated in the fine art of fish fishing, not to be confused with man fishing! And this week? Well, just look at that teapot and let your imagination run! At this point you are probably wondering why a beautiful frilly little dress-up teapot is featured in Teapot Tuesday #108 entitled They run like the dickens, I am sick of these chickens! Whut? Don't tell me you are already confused before I even begin the story! Snort!

Last week fish, this week something unsinkable! We are having tea at the Molly Brown House Museum in Denver, Colorado . Yep, that's right girls we are sippin' our tea in the home where the Unsinkable Molly Brown resided. And we'll be treated really well because our very own Teapotter, Marilynn (Apandi) is a tour guide at the museum (that's not make believe). Marilynn promises to let us get away with much more than just normal folk! Although, if you guys get her fired by being overly rowdy, I might just have to turn you over to the Silver Fins!!

2. This paragraph is not make believe, I know it's hard to swallow!! Everyone knows Molly Brown from The Titanic but there is so much more to know about her. Her name was Margaret Tobin and she only became Molly when the Unsinkable Molly Brown musical was written. She loved big hats and expensive dresses and although everything was red in the musical her favorite color was really green. Two of the bedrooms in the museum are covered in green satin. She was very involved in getting the right to vote for woman and she also was one of the founders of the Denver Dumb Friends which is celebrating it's one hundred year anniversary. She was quite educated, spoke six languages including Russian and French and she was one of the first women in the state to have a driver's license. Her fame came from her adventure on the Titanic and when asked why she thought she survived, she shrugged and said, "I guess I am just unsinkable." Margaret was married to J.J. and J.J. raised chickens! He even added on to the carriage house in order to have more room for chickens!!

3. Here is where her life took a turn, Vern! Vern is J.J.'s shrink who has spent 42,000 hours trying to get to the bottom of J.J.'s obsession with chickens. J.J.'s chickens are jeopardizing Molly's sophistication, accomplishments, education, reputation, and overall mental health! His chickens are outa control! There are chickens hiding in her frilly dresses making messes. Chickens taking fancy feathers off her hat, now it's flat. Chickens hiding in her books, confusing the cooks. Running up the stairs, giving her nightmares. In the dryer cuz they're afraid of the fryer! Chickens in her shoes while they snooze. Chickens on her green satin, cluckin' Latin! Chicken's in her hair, Chickens everywhere! They run like the dickens! I'm so sick of these chickens!! Vern's no help! Molly might be unsinkable but J.J. is unshrinkable!

4. Our tour is free but there's one little catch. We have to replace a chicken, which is something J.J., with something that is Molly. Our goal is that when we are gone, so will J.J.'s chickens or at the very least, they will be minimized!! Bring big fancy hats, frilly dresses, high heel boots and gloves. Bring lace, green satin, fancy ribbons and sashes. Bring china, silver, fancy crystal and trays. Bring candles, chandoliers, mirrors and soft music! Bring flowers and pearls, diamonds and jewels. Broches and pins, bracelets and rings. Bring books and journals, encyclopedias and maps. Bring something, anything Molly! For every one thing "Molly " you bring, you have to take one thing "J.J." (a chicken) back home. If you accidently get confused (believe me its happened before!) and bring a chicken by mistake, you have to come in the back door and leave your chicken with all the others hiding under the hollyhocks!!

TEAPOT TUESDAY #107
DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is a 14 year old Colorado girl by the name if Alea. Alea has endured 18 months of hospitalization on and off with multiple surgeries and unanticipated infections all originally due to a slipped vertabrae, the most recent of which postponed her start of school this Fall. Alea has a real interest in all that is Molly. As a matter of fact, that is how we have come to make cards for Alea today. Marilynn (Apandi) is good friends with Alea's grandmother and met Alea when she brought her in for a tour at the Molly Brown House Museum. She's an Unsinkable Molly Brown fan! We have the opportunity to bring her all that is Molly each day over the next few weeks as she recovers from her latest surgery and looks forward to returning to school.

The details of Alea's situation as well as the address where to send your card is here in Post #115 of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread should you decide to send a card to Alea. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is strictly voluntary.

Marilynn (APandi) has made this awesome sample card for today's challenge.

And here is my card ~ The Unsinkable Molly Brown.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #108 Challenge Gallery and our adventures with The Unsinkable Molly Brown and J.J.'s chickens!

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT108 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? I am posting a sneak peak (tea peek) on my blog each week showing you a glimpse of the following week's teapot as well as a hint of the story! It's at the end of the Teapot Tuesday Post each week. I usually post it a couple days after the Tuesday Challenge is posted. So, be sneaky and get a jump on the other tea-potters! Snort!

If you are confused about these challenge, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT108 ~ THEY RUN LIKE THE DICKENS!  I'M SO SICK OF THESE CHICKENS!-alea.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-30-2010 at 06:41 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

madhatter2.jpg

AND NOW A TEAPOT TUESDAY BIRTHDAY TOAST
TO THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAY GIRLS
(KEEP THOSE PINKY'S UP GIRLS!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

MarilynPrestonn - 8/24
Francie G - 8/30
Happy Birthday You Two!!

Happy Birthday Stinker Peggy! Giggle! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday Francie!
I am hiring Alicia to make your birthday cake! Yes, she can bake too!

You two have a wonderful birthday, filled with lots of fun and relaxation, presents, and cake! If someone says you can't have cake, kick em!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Beautiful samples Cindy and Marilynn. What a fun story and history facts as well. What a woman Molly is. And sweet Alea. How fun to cheer her up. Thanks Cindy. See you there. Happy Birthday Peggy and Fran!!!!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm early to this week's party after missing last week.

Love the teapot and your sample cards - so very pretty! Mine however took a slightly different track. What is it about Tuesdays LOL!!

Anyway - here's my card - Not sure if it's exactly the type of card everyone will be sending to Alea, but maybe she'll get a kick out of checking out the gallery to see the full story behind it -- and maybe I'll include a pretty card too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

MMTPT108 Tea for Two and Molly Brown by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

That is my card - thanks for another great story!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Cindy, I tried it! Here is mine! Teapots for Alea!

I did get the address and will mail it to her with a teabag! On this inside it will have the saying

"If I could take your troubles, I would toss them in the sea.
But since I can't, I'm sending you, my favorite cup of tea."

Please tell me if I did the story and card right.

Thank you
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Marilyn - it will probably be your big day by the time you read this.

Francie, early birthday wishes for you - the way my memory is, I am better off being early!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

MMTPT108, Teapot Tuesday, Iris folding, dress by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The above link should be the link to my card for this week. My card will be sent to Alea...Thank you Cindy for another great ( beautiful )teapot, with a great story to go with it...
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

What a fun challenge - thanks Cindy! {sigh} my card has been posted for a couple of hours now and I was hoping to have it approved before I went to bed so I could link it here but it hasn't (I'm one of those millions of unemployed so paying for a fan club subscription right now is out of the question - any "extra" money goes for stamping stuff!) Well I have to come in the back door with my card any way. Hopefully "Jane's gain" will be approved soon and I'll link her up tomorrow after I get online.

Nuthin' better then paper-crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:21 AM   #10  
THE Queen Nut Extraordinaire

Here is my card ladies...just love that sweet dressy teapot Cindy!

WISH SHOE WELL

Thanks for looking will be back later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:34 AM   #11  

Here's mine. I had so much fun making a girlie card for Alea...uh, oh..hold on!! I've got 6 chickens runnin' round here and the dog's frantic.

A dress for Alea
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 04:22 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine for today to send to Alea MMTPT108 A Card for Alea by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEGGY!

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is my card:

Molly's Dressing Table by BorisValentino - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Some cute cards already. I have bronchitis and a doctor's appt. so may not get a card made for this challenge but will send Alea a card for sure!
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

Here's my card for the challenge. Thanks Cindy for letting us have the opportunity to use our craft to bring smiles to others. You bring a smile and a laugh to me each time I read one of your challenges. You are quite a creative lady. May God bless you for all you do for others.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxellView Post
Some cute cards already. I have bronchitis and a doctor's appt. so may not get a card made for this challenge but will send Alea a card for sure!
Bev, I'm sorry you're sick. I hope the dr. can give you something to help you feel better so you can be stamping soon.
Hugs,
Sue
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Default Jane's Gain . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gale RView Post
What a fun challenge - thanks Cindy! {sigh} my card has been posted for a couple of hours now and I was hoping to have it approved before I went to bed so I could link it here but it hasn't (I'm one of those millions of unemployed so paying for a fan club subscription right now is out of the question - any "extra" money goes for stamping stuff!) Well I have to come in the back door with my card any way. Hopefully "Jane's gain" will be approved soon and I'll link her up tomorrow after I get online.
So here she is - Jane's Gain is JJ's Loss Jane snuck in the back door but its sooooooo worth it just to come to the teaparty and see all the pretty stuff everyone is bringing!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Bev - feel better real soon! Bronchitis is no fun. Hope to see you pouring at the tea table real soon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's my card: MMTPT108 by #1volunteer - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Hope it makes a young girl smile!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Hey Bev! So sorry to hear this! Better take care of yourself......you can still come to the teaparty without a card. We will wait on you hand and foot, bring you cookies and tea and keep the chickens away from you so you can get your rest!!!

Whisper...we will miss you.....hopefully you will get a handle on that and get well quick! Thanks for sending Alea a card from your stash! You rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

OMG! You all amaze me.....the cards so far are so Molly! Woot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #22  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks for letting me be a cheater, Cindy!!
Ball Gown (MMTPT10 by MrsBoz - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I am afraid that DH has already earmarked my Paris, Vintage Style for someone else. I'll have to see if I can come up with something else for Alea on my day off tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Happy Birthday Peggy, and Happy Birthday Francie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks Cindy! Feel better Bev!
Here is mine
Please visit! Paper-Rose-Petals
Past Creative Architect for Innovative Stamp Creations!!
Past Senior Design Team Member for Mark`s Finest Paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #26  

Quote:

Oh, Bev...I surely hope the doctor gives you some relief. Bronchitis is nothing to fool with. Feel better soon.
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's a couple of cards for the tea party! Hope you like them! Hugs, Trish
Let's Dance by hughesp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
It's a Girl Thing by hughesp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always knew you were crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #29  
Inky OceanGazer

here is my card....late, but coming in the front door.....lol

Girl Talk

thanks for looking
Inky Ocean Gazer (my original blog I can no longer get into)
The Inky Ocean Gazer 2 (my new simple blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my card - The Molly Brown Dress - scored another double challenge - WOW!

My Blog Keep In Touch Stampin
My Gallery

My Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for today's challenge. (have to wait for approval!)

I hope Molly is happy with this expensive dress and pearl necklace. I'm not sure if you can see how the dress glitters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Create With Me

Received 174 Likes on 147 Posts

First - a big Happy Birthday to Peggy and Fran! I missed the teaparty last week - just couldn't fit it in - so glad I can come along today!

here's my contribution to fancying up the place! MMTPT108 Dressing it Up with Molly Brown! by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

What do you do when your meds won't let you sleep? Get inky fingers, I even used my inky fingers to do some sponging on the card for Alea.

Another Dress for Molly Brown by Maxell - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Blog:A Flowery Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

I am late for the tea party! I brought flowers so hope you enjoy ;)

Bouquet Of Joy!

Recipe Card Challenge Blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #35  
Watercolor Wizard

Default MMTPT108

The chicken is in the tummy
And boy was it yummy.
Miss Molly hat
Sports the remains of that!

Here's my interpretation of Molly Brown on her way to the tea party.

This was really fun! Thanks Cindy.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Here I am...and here's my card: MMTPT108 for Alea by Clyndago - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Hope this will help with Molly's mood! Happy Birthday Peggy and Fran!

My little blog: http://lynda-marquez.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my card for Alea. The bling doesn't show up very well in the picture, but it looks really nice IRL. I really wanted to do a card with a chicken, and I may yet even though I'll have to go in the back door. This was fun.

Molly Brown-SJH

Last edited by Hawkeye Stamper; 08-26-2010 at 08:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #38  
Gabfest Goddess

Oops! The card didn't show up in the gallery so I didn't think it had loaded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 06:24 AM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Suzanne! I saw it! Just now.......Its awesome! Thanks so much for making it special for Alea! If you put keywords MMTPT108 in your keywords by editing, it will bring it into the gallery with all of the other cards! Yay!

Happy today!
Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks, Cindy. I'd forgotten to do that.
Reply With Quote Likes